Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Is pursuing a career path even worth it?

For most of my life I have been working jobs because I haven't been sure on what career path to take. Now im starting to take a pretty big interest in finance, and a finance career seems appealing on the surface, but im starting to think it might just be a huge risk and financial burden. For a career in finance I would probably have to go back to school for another 3-4 years and it would cost both time and money. Not exactly a huge problem but the job satisfaction is unknown, seems like a competitive field, and im not even sure if the pay is that much higher than what im already making.

Im 26, no debt, relatively new car paid in full, no criminal history, healthy, extremely frugal, and have a pretty decent sized portfolio with no plans of having a family anytime soon because im single.

Its starting to seem like a career isn't even worth it at this point. It seems risky, and very rigid. Does anyone have any insight on what I should probably be doing? I would like to have a family someday, but it seems like the best course of action to take is to maybe pick up a second job, learn some new skills, start a side business, and aggressively save and invest rather than focus on a rigid career path with higher pay.
    lol at chromecels and firefoxcels

brave browser crew

tunafish01 is a name known to all. (+5000) tunafish01 is a name known to all. (+5000) tunafish01 is a name known to all. (+5000) tunafish01 is a name known to all. (+5000) tunafish01 is a name known to all. (+5000) tunafish01 is a name known to all. (+5000) tunafish01 is a name known to all. (+5000) tunafish01 is a name known to all. (+5000) tunafish01 is a name known to all. (+5000) tunafish01 is a name known to all. (+5000) tunafish01 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    What are you doing now? What are you making? Im the same way as you. I have a great sized portfolio, single family home that I rent out.

Making about 40k base plus 20k commission at job, 8k coaching kids soccer, plus other side jobs.

I would love an MBA, but really dont see a point. At this point in my life Id rather buy property and rent it out.

Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by tunafish01 View Post
    What are you doing now? What are you making? Im the same way as you. I have a great sized portfolio, single family home that I rent out.

Making about 40k base plus 20k commission at job, 8k coaching kids soccer, plus other side jobs.

I would love an MBA, but really dont see a point. At this point in my life Id rather buy property and rent it out.
    I think im making like $32k right now with benefits that include free meals, and down time to work on personal projects. Theres definitely room in my schedule to pick up a part time job and maybe some online work and side projects.

My little brother who is a couple years younger than me got a degree and is making twice what i do, but hes not even a year into it now and I think hes already burned out. Hes more of a grinder than me, but he is also more of a spender. If he is already getting burned out that quick while pulling $60k then it doesnt give me a ton of confidence.

Seems like working towards acquiring property and building my portfolio is a better investment than continued education for career uncertainty. Thats just assuming I can even land one of those good career jobs.

brave browser crew

nikonD70s is a name known to all. (+5000) nikonD70s is a name known to all. (+5000) nikonD70s is a name known to all. (+5000) nikonD70s is a name known to all. (+5000) nikonD70s is a name known to all. (+5000) nikonD70s is a name known to all. (+5000) nikonD70s is a name known to all. (+5000) nikonD70s is a name known to all. (+5000) nikonD70s is a name known to all. (+5000) nikonD70s is a name known to all. (+5000) nikonD70s is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Do it, 26 still young. U get a degree at 30. I sometimes regret wasting my college years fukking around. But do it only if ur serious and go all in. Goodluck brah

RobParks2M has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RobParks2M has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RobParks2M has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RobParks2M has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RobParks2M has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RobParks2M has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RobParks2M has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RobParks2M has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RobParks2M has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RobParks2M has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RobParks2M has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    @OP tough to know without first knowing how you do currently. If possible do the school stuff online or keep a job + school. Going back to 0 income is awful. Online is cheaper and quite frankly most businesses don't give a dam where you got your piece of paper. Unless you wanna do some high finance wall street type stuff.

Gee buddy I don't think this is what executives at GM make is it? I've seen you post quite a few times you are an executive at General Motors.... huh. weird.
    Fitness connoisseur
    0.4 mg of party's over wake the FK up!
    Aspire to be fat, 45+ plus, and have at least 1 comment on every girl's bodyspace.
    "the personification of greatness"

tunafish01 is a name known to all. (+5000) tunafish01 is a name known to all. (+5000) tunafish01 is a name known to all. (+5000) tunafish01 is a name known to all. (+5000) tunafish01 is a name known to all. (+5000) tunafish01 is a name known to all. (+5000) tunafish01 is a name known to all. (+5000) tunafish01 is a name known to all. (+5000) tunafish01 is a name known to all. (+5000) tunafish01 is a name known to all. (+5000) tunafish01 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by RobParks2M View Post
    @OP tough to know without first knowing how you do currently. If possible do the school stuff online or keep a job + school. Going back to 0 income is awful. Online is cheaper and quite frankly most businesses don't give a dam where you got your piece of paper. Unless you wanna do some high finance wall street type stuff.

Gee buddy I don't think this is what executives at GM make is it? I've seen you post quite a few times you are an executive at General Motors.... huh. weird.
    You mean the other miscer tunafishha. I dont work for GM.

Originally Posted by RobParks2M View Post

I could possibly do it online or take a few classes a week. It would obviously cut into my time and money though. Not sure what type of finance job I would do either or if I would enjoy it as much as managing my own funds. I honestly don't even know if im normie enough to survive in a corporate environment. I hear about people stepping on top of their co-workers and putting 70 hours a week in just to advance their career, and im more of a coaster that values my integrity and free time rather than job prestige and a slight pay increase.

brave browser crew

RobParks2M has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RobParks2M has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RobParks2M has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RobParks2M has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RobParks2M has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RobParks2M has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RobParks2M has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RobParks2M has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RobParks2M has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RobParks2M has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RobParks2M has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You mean the other miscer tunafishha. I dont work for GM.
    dam yeah you are right. Can't believe I didn't notice the difference. Reps on R/c

Originally Posted by Parkerscott View Post
    I could possibly do it online or take a few classes a week. It would obviously cut into my time and money though. Not sure what type of finance job I would do either or if I would enjoy it as much as managing my own funds. I honestly don't even know if im normie enough to survive in a corporate environment. I hear about people stepping on top of their co-workers and putting 70 hours a week in just to advance their career, and im more of a coaster that values my integrity and free time rather than job prestige and a slight pay increase.
    Depending on where you end makes a big difference as there are plenty of ways to go. I have several buddies that work at various banks doing loans and other junk. Most don't seem to mind it except the fellas doing refinancing on loans who are currently swamped lmao.
    Fitness connoisseur
    0.4 mg of party's over wake the FK up!
    Aspire to be fat, 45+ plus, and have at least 1 comment on every girl's bodyspace.
    "the personification of greatness"

Brazzah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Brazzah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Brazzah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Brazzah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Brazzah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Brazzah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Brazzah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Brazzah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Brazzah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Brazzah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Brazzah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I got a business degree from a canadian university and it's done sweet fukall for me. If you are going back to college, make sure it's a useful degree and if you pay sticker tuition, make sure it's not a **** tier university.

I worked at a bank for a year after graduating then i left because i was stuck with depressed phaggots who hated their jobs and i was already sick of the 9-5 rat race. Been trading/doing business on the side since then and things have went much better for me in 3 months than it did in 1 year.
    Lurker for 2 years before registering crew
    Gives tutoring classes in college just to meet sloots crew
    No respect for Wks crew
    Crypto bros crew

MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'm in the same boat brah. I just sell stuff online to try to make up the income difference while I pull ~50k as an office admin
    RIP Cpt. David Dorn
    Not oppressed crew
    Korean rooftop association member

Erey350 is a name known to all. (+5000) Erey350 is a name known to all. (+5000) Erey350 is a name known to all. (+5000) Erey350 is a name known to all. (+5000) Erey350 is a name known to all. (+5000) Erey350 is a name known to all. (+5000) Erey350 is a name known to all. (+5000) Erey350 is a name known to all. (+5000) Erey350 is a name known to all. (+5000) Erey350 is a name known to all. (+5000) Erey350 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Start dropshipping and get on CEO 10K a day level

StinnerOzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StinnerOzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StinnerOzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StinnerOzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StinnerOzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StinnerOzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StinnerOzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StinnerOzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StinnerOzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StinnerOzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StinnerOzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    It depends on many things. The likelihood of you getting where you want to be (not just assuming a generic trajectory will eventually lead you up the ladder), the potential (earning, mostly) of whatever you pursue and whether it's truly worth the effort, etc. If the gap isn't huge you could make that up with side gigs, wise investing, etc. and not fret.

My life didn't blow up from comfortably normal to megabucks until I was 29, so you never know. For me, it was nothing I could have planned for in any capacity, because it's such a niche market with specific skills and mostly experience. But nobody can get the experiene w/o a foot in the door, and there is no schooling that means anything for it, which is why it's so lucrative. I admit it 100% took a lot of luck for me, but it wouldn't have happened if I wasn't smart and gung-ho enough to make it happen (business moves to jump companies, gain different experience, self-learn new skills, and negotiate).

No one can really answer it but you, though I'd say you might want to figure what the career/earning trajectory would be...and what expenses would you incur, the time and stress, etc. Then put it together and go from there; see how your future looks financially, on paper.
    Lifting. Hockey. Headbanging.

My Journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175144571

guest89 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) guest89 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) guest89 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) guest89 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) guest89 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) guest89 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) guest89 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) guest89 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) guest89 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) guest89 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) guest89 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    It doesn't sound like you have any set goal in mind. It would be stupid to go to college and spend a ton of money just to see if you might want to pursue a career in finance. Especially because its entirely possible to make 50-75K with no college degree at all.

I think you need to aggressively attempt to get your income up. And once you do, you can acquire investment properties.

Harry362 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Harry362 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Harry362 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Harry362 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Harry362 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Harry362 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Harry362 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Harry362 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Harry362 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Harry362 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Harry362 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Go to nursing school bro(srs)

Originally Posted by MetroBrah View Post
    I'm in the same boat brah. I just sell stuff online to try to make up the income difference while I pull ~50k as an office admin
    TFW I have an online store, make about $400 a month off it. I would love to scale. I dont see a point in google ads personally as there are other companies that sell the same products as me and dominate google ads.

I sell soccer goals and you figure there are 1000+ soccer clubs around the country I can work with. All about relationships. I have the lowest prices in my field, just need to figure out a way to sell.
    Last edited by tunafish01; 05-23-2020 at 06:46 AM.

BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Make an onlyfans page

Not srs

mcdojo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mcdojo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mcdojo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mcdojo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mcdojo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mcdojo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mcdojo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mcdojo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mcdojo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mcdojo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mcdojo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    What happened to all your eth money. Working fulltime for $30k a year? Jesus christ.

MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by mcdojo View Post
    What happened to all your eth money. Working fulltime for $30k a year? Jesus christ.
    lol Parkerscott made enough money from ETH that he could have not worked for a couple years and just studied for qualifications/certifications and came out with the skills to pull much more than that.

What have been up to since the big score Parkerscott? If it was me I'd have quit my job and become a ful-time student and ecommerce entreprenuer
    RIP Cpt. David Dorn
    Not oppressed crew
    Korean rooftop association member