Registered User PCRulesPSDrools's Avatar
    PCRulesPSDrools has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PCRulesPSDrools has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PCRulesPSDrools has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PCRulesPSDrools has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PCRulesPSDrools has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PCRulesPSDrools has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PCRulesPSDrools has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PCRulesPSDrools has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PCRulesPSDrools has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PCRulesPSDrools has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PCRulesPSDrools has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Dumbbell magnets. Urethan Dumbbells ??

Anyone have experience using dumbbell magnets for incremental weight increases ? I was thinking of getting a set of 2.5lbs but I guess that wouldn't work on Urethane dumbbells, or would it. Let me know if you've tried this, might save me some money, I don't know how thick the Urethane is nor how strong the magnets are.

Edit: Well I'm looking at some item descriptions and they seem to indicate they won't stick properly to coated dumbbells
    Last edited by PCRulesPSDrools; 03-28-2020 at 07:27 AM.

bennder is on a distinguished road. (+10) bennder is on a distinguished road. (+10) bennder is on a distinguished road. (+10) bennder is on a distinguished road. (+10) bennder is on a distinguished road. (+10) bennder is on a distinguished road. (+10) bennder is on a distinguished road. (+10) bennder is on a distinguished road. (+10) bennder is on a distinguished road. (+10) bennder is on a distinguished road. (+10) bennder is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Try flex plates

thegymrevolution.co.uk/index.php/atx-add-on-micro-weight-flex-plate-1kg.html

PCRulesPSDrools has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PCRulesPSDrools has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PCRulesPSDrools has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PCRulesPSDrools has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PCRulesPSDrools has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PCRulesPSDrools has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PCRulesPSDrools has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PCRulesPSDrools has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PCRulesPSDrools has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PCRulesPSDrools has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PCRulesPSDrools has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by bennder View Post
    Try flex plates

thegymrevolution.co.uk/index.php/atx-add-on-micro-weight-flex-plate-1kg.html
    Sweet man, they look perfect! Though currently sold out. (Stands to reason I guess)

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Some wrist weights go up to 10lbs, might be an easy solution to adding weight to your lift. Make your hands heavier!
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #58 ▪█─────█▪

Originally Posted by urbanlifter View Post
    Some wrist weights go up to 10lbs, might be an easy solution to adding weight to your lift. Make your hands heavier!
    That's an even cheaper idea actually, I'll look into that since the flex plates are pretty expensive for what they are and aren't easy to find right now. Rogues only go up to 1.5 Lbs per piece and are quite expensive. I guess they didn't want people like me only buying their dumbbells in 10Lb increments.

I bought that bench btw, it arrived today but I still haven't ordered my dumbbells, seems impossible to get reasonable prices on round dumbbells. Is there any reason to buy Rogues super expensive Urethane dumbbells ? Most of which are sold out now anyway.

Why are round dumbbells so much more expensive than the Hex ones anyway.

Oh, and would the AmStaff Fitness DF2108 Functional Trainer be garbage to try and work with?

------------

Back on Dumbbells again, I just found thetreadmillfactory ca. It's in Canada and they seem to have round dumbbells (element fitness) for much cheaper than Rogue. I think I've found my dumbbells.
    Last edited by PCRulesPSDrools; 04-01-2020 at 02:36 PM.

Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You get what you pay for. Pro dumbbells (round ones) are so designated because they live up to the pressures of dropping and such. I’d worry with cheap ones that a plate will occasionally break off when it hits the floor.

But if you never set them down hard, then the only thing likely to bother you is grip, depending how they do the bar and knurl.

Re: rubber v urethane, rubber can stink in a closed room. Had that with some plates, so I went for urethane dumbbells.
    My home gym: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1623181551&viewfull=1#post1623181551

My Strava profile: https://www.strava.com/athletes/3015113