Registered User ArnoldHAMnEGGer's Avatar
    ArnoldHAMnEGGer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ArnoldHAMnEGGer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ArnoldHAMnEGGer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ArnoldHAMnEGGer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ArnoldHAMnEGGer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ArnoldHAMnEGGer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ArnoldHAMnEGGer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ArnoldHAMnEGGer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ArnoldHAMnEGGer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ArnoldHAMnEGGer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ArnoldHAMnEGGer has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Making a Hack Squat from scratch

this might be a ridiculous question but how long do you think it would take for a novice welder to construct a a slightly less basic version of this Hack Squat? is it even possible? do you think it would be incredibly difficult?

https://www.grunsport.cz/fitness-mac...k-squat-739739

MajorTendonitis has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MajorTendonitis has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MajorTendonitis has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MajorTendonitis has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MajorTendonitis has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MajorTendonitis has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MajorTendonitis has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MajorTendonitis has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MajorTendonitis has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MajorTendonitis has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MajorTendonitis has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I’ve thought about it , only because these dual purpose machines always compromise . Either the plate where you place your feet for leg press is always far too small , or only sits at a 90 degree angle etc . Usually see complaints that the sled doesn’t go far enough down either .
    I don’t know why it is so hard for engineers to figure it out ,but apparently it is for them . Probably because they don’t actually work out .

I think once you source linear bearings and build the carriage ,your half way there . I would build it wider than normal , that way you could implement a larger foot plate .
    I did see a YouTube video in a build ,but it was only for a leg press . Never seen a build for both .
    I think building the bar with the safety catches would be the hard part

ArnoldHAMnEGGer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ArnoldHAMnEGGer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ArnoldHAMnEGGer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ArnoldHAMnEGGer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ArnoldHAMnEGGer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ArnoldHAMnEGGer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ArnoldHAMnEGGer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ArnoldHAMnEGGer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ArnoldHAMnEGGer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ArnoldHAMnEGGer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ArnoldHAMnEGGer has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by MajorTendonitis View Post
    I’ve thought about it , only because these dual purpose machines always compromise . Either the plate where you place your feet for leg press is always far too small , or only sits at a 90 degree angle etc . Usually see complaints that the sled doesn’t go far enough down either .
    I don’t know why it is so hard for engineers to figure it out ,but apparently it is for them . Probably because they don’t actually work out .

I think once you source linear bearings and build the carriage ,your half way there . I would build it wider than normal , that way you could implement a larger foot plate .
    I did see a YouTube video in a build ,but it was only for a leg press . Never seen a build for both .
    I think building the bar with the safety catches would be the hard part
    interesting. i've really only used two in all of my 22 years of working out that were really good. i'm not even talking about leg press/hack combos. i'm talking strictly the linear hacks. my biggest complaint is that (IMO) the angle is often too steep. if possible i'd build one at 30 or 35 and have the weight horns nice and low (hip level ideally or maybe slightly lower) to reduce lumbar compression as much as possible. an adjustable foot plate would be nice too.

Greybird2 is just really nice. (+1000) Greybird2 is just really nice. (+1000) Greybird2 is just really nice. (+1000) Greybird2 is just really nice. (+1000) Greybird2 is just really nice. (+1000) Greybird2 is just really nice. (+1000) Greybird2 is just really nice. (+1000) Greybird2 is just really nice. (+1000) Greybird2 is just really nice. (+1000) Greybird2 is just really nice. (+1000) Greybird2 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I find hack squats are incredibly hard on the knees. Maybe the ones I have tried are all wrong on the angles.

Originally Posted by Greybird2 View Post
    I find hack squats are incredibly hard on the knees. Maybe the ones I have tried are all wrong on the angles.
    i found the Precor Hack to be very hard on my knees and back. One thing that might lessen the stress on the knees would be to use a band and connect it somewhere at the top of the Hack down to the weight horns.

Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ArnoldHAMnEGGer View Post
    this might be a ridiculous question but how long do you think it would take for a novice welder to construct a a slightly less basic version of this Hack Squat? is it even possible? do you think it would be incredibly difficult?

https://www.grunsport.cz/fitness-mac...k-squat-739739
    The frame is easy enough, assuming you have the tools/clamps... The problem is going to be the motion. Either linear bearings or grooved wheels on shafts. Both options are expensive and need to be very well aligned, especially if you go with bearings.
    ▪█──█▪ Equipment Crew #61 ▪█──█▪

Originally Posted by Mech6 View Post
    The frame is easy enough, assuming you have the tools/clamps... The problem is going to be the motion. Either linear bearings or grooved wheels on shafts. Both options are expensive and need to be very well aligned, especially if you go with bearings.
    would you go with linear bearings or grooved wheels?

Time-Man is just really nice. (+1000) Time-Man is just really nice. (+1000) Time-Man is just really nice. (+1000) Time-Man is just really nice. (+1000) Time-Man is just really nice. (+1000) Time-Man is just really nice. (+1000) Time-Man is just really nice. (+1000) Time-Man is just really nice. (+1000) Time-Man is just really nice. (+1000) Time-Man is just really nice. (+1000) Time-Man is just really nice. (+1000)
    We in lock down and i decided to build my own

My Personal mottos
    Do the correct form and don't stroke your ego lifting heavier with bad form.
    Stay of a bloody scale and concentrate on measuring tape to see progress.
    No one can make you mad it is your choice if you want to get mad.

MajorTendonitis has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MajorTendonitis has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MajorTendonitis has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MajorTendonitis has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MajorTendonitis has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MajorTendonitis has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MajorTendonitis has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MajorTendonitis has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MajorTendonitis has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MajorTendonitis has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MajorTendonitis has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    ^^
    Nice work . Liking the large plate for leg press also

Originally Posted by Time-Man View Post
    We in lock down and i decided to build my own

incredible! where did you find a blueprint? how long did it take you? what was the most difficult part?

Time-Man is just really nice. (+1000) Time-Man is just really nice. (+1000) Time-Man is just really nice. (+1000) Time-Man is just really nice. (+1000) Time-Man is just really nice. (+1000) Time-Man is just really nice. (+1000) Time-Man is just really nice. (+1000) Time-Man is just really nice. (+1000) Time-Man is just really nice. (+1000) Time-Man is just really nice. (+1000) Time-Man is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ArnoldHAMnEGGer View Post
    incredible! where did you find a blueprint? how long did it take you? what was the most difficult part?
    Thanks . No blue print, no plans and no diagram , had a picture in my mind what i wanted and built it according to my size ( i'm 6'7" tall ) Took me 2 weeks to build , think the part that got me the most was what support to put in place to hold the footplate up for doing leg press
    My Personal mottos
    Do the correct form and don't stroke your ego lifting heavier with bad form.
    Stay of a bloody scale and concentrate on measuring tape to see progress.
    No one can make you mad it is your choice if you want to get mad.