Bailout987 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Opinions? DUP Training Set Up?

This is straight out of an article I found online. (Or 90% what was in the article)

How does this look?

Monday
    LBSquats: 6 x 3 (70%1RM)
    Bench-Press: 5 x 5 (80%1RM)
    Deadlifts 4 x 8 (70%1RM)
    Decline Sit-Ups: 1 set of 12+

Wednesday
    LBSquats 5 x 5 (80%1RM)
    Bench-Press 4 x 8 (70%1RM)
    Deadlifts 6 x 3 (70%1RM)
    Barbell-Curls: 2 x 8-10
    Decline Sit-Ups: 1 Set of 12+
    Side-Bends: 2 x 6-10

Friday
    Bench-Press: 6 x 3 (70%1RM)
    Deadlifts: 5 x 5 (80%1RM)
    LBSquats: 4 x 8 (70% 1RM)
    Decline Sit-Ups: 1 Set of 12+

Saturday
    Supersets
    A: Weighted Pull-Ups: 5 x 6-8
    B: Standing Press: 5 x 6-8
    Barbell-Curls: 4 x 8-10
    Cable-Fly's: 4 x 12+
    Single-Arm Farmers-Walks: No rest drop Sets

Add 5 pounds every week

How does this look? Also, any guidance would be great. Specifically regarding progression on Saturday.
    Last edited by Bailout987; 03-26-2020 at 10:33 PM.

randomcrash is a jewel in the rough. (+500) randomcrash is a jewel in the rough. (+500) randomcrash is a jewel in the rough. (+500) randomcrash is a jewel in the rough. (+500) randomcrash is a jewel in the rough. (+500) randomcrash is a jewel in the rough. (+500) randomcrash is a jewel in the rough. (+500) randomcrash is a jewel in the rough. (+500) randomcrash is a jewel in the rough. (+500) randomcrash is a jewel in the rough. (+500) randomcrash is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I have been thinking about trying DUP with squat, bench, and pendlay row. I have been struggling with the accessory exercises. The core 3 exercises of the workout will take 40-45 minutes including warmups. And I don't like workouts that take over an hour because even with an hour workout I can only spend 30-45 minutes with my kids each weekday. So with that, the question for me has always been, how do you select the accessories? Do you pick things that help your core 3 lifts, or do you pick things that the core 3 lifts don't work? I think the template you posted solves that in part by adding in a fourth day with some things that are missed. That is interesting to me.

I personally group abs with cardio that I do a short 20 minutes of each rest day. Like I will do an AMRAP set of weighted decline sit ups then jump rope 10 minutes straight, another AMRAP set of situps and jump rope 10 minutes, then finish with situps again. So that would free up some time for me on the lifting days.

Your template looks close to something I would try if I was going to do DUP, but have never done DUP, if that helps any.

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    thats one week, where's the rest]

nvm i saw the add 5lbs a week

I don't think set progression is a great idea ever
    2018 Log
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175232661

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

Bailout987 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by randomcrash View Post
    I have been thinking about trying DUP with squat, bench, and pendlay row. I have been struggling with the accessory exercises. The core 3 exercises of the workout will take 40-45 minutes including warmups. And I don't like workouts that take over an hour because even with an hour workout I can only spend 30-45 minutes with my kids each weekday. So with that, the question for me has always been, how do you select the accessories? Do you pick things that help your core 3 lifts, or do you pick things that the core 3 lifts don't work? I think the template you posted solves that in part by adding in a fourth day with some things that are missed. That is interesting to me.

I personally group abs with cardio that I do a short 20 minutes of each rest day. Like I will do an AMRAP set of weighted decline sit ups then jump rope 10 minutes straight, another AMRAP set of situps and jump rope 10 minutes, then finish with situps again. So that would free up some time for me on the lifting days.

Your template looks close to something I would try if I was going to do DUP, but have never done DUP, if that helps any.
    Yes, the accessory day is a common idea. I thought it was pretty enlightening when I first read about it too, which I believe was on a forum.

Originally Posted by WolfRose7 View Post
    thats one week, where's the rest]

nvm i saw the add 5lbs a week

I don't think set progression is a great idea ever
    Yea, if you can't get all the reps then you don't add the weight. Is that what you were referring too, or are you thinking beyond that?

paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'd go with a program that is in the stickies up there ^^^. Push Pull Legs, Fierce 5, All Pro, Coolcica (google it). If you've been lifting for a year or more, try PPL rest UL rest repeat. It's buried in the stickies. That's what I do. The U day is a killer.