Xpiro is not very well liked. (-100) Xpiro is not very well liked. (-100) Xpiro is not very well liked. (-100) Xpiro is not very well liked. (-100) Xpiro is not very well liked. (-100) Xpiro is not very well liked. (-100) Xpiro is not very well liked. (-100) Xpiro is not very well liked. (-100) Xpiro is not very well liked. (-100) Xpiro is not very well liked. (-100) Xpiro is not very well liked. (-100)

Legs at home... bands?

It’s not particularly difficult to hit upper body with the tools at my disposal: pull-up bar, a couple sets of 20lb DBS, 3 10lb DBs and a tool box with a handle to stuff them in. But I’m at a loss for legs. I’m definitely not able to invest in a power rack/barbell/plates, so I figure the only other option for a relatively challenging (read: heavy, somewhat transferable to in-gym progression, hypertrophy at home) leg workout are a sturdy set of resistance bands. Any idea where I can grab a set for around $100? I’ve been looking around to no avail, and a lot of stuff is out of stock anyway.

SansRien will become famous soon enough. (+50) SansRien will become famous soon enough. (+50) SansRien will become famous soon enough. (+50) SansRien will become famous soon enough. (+50) SansRien will become famous soon enough. (+50) SansRien will become famous soon enough. (+50) SansRien will become famous soon enough. (+50) SansRien will become famous soon enough. (+50) SansRien will become famous soon enough. (+50) SansRien will become famous soon enough. (+50) SansRien will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Amazon. Iron core resistance bands 5 pack. About $35. I’ve owned a set for 2 years. Only two sets left in stock.

4 pack has 15 left in stock

PowersKenny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PowersKenny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PowersKenny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PowersKenny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PowersKenny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PowersKenny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PowersKenny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PowersKenny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PowersKenny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PowersKenny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PowersKenny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Free range squats
    Grab canned food put it in a backpack squats
    Grab your partner put them on your back squats
    Come on dude

Xpiro is not very well liked. (-100) Xpiro is not very well liked. (-100) Xpiro is not very well liked. (-100) Xpiro is not very well liked. (-100) Xpiro is not very well liked. (-100) Xpiro is not very well liked. (-100) Xpiro is not very well liked. (-100) Xpiro is not very well liked. (-100) Xpiro is not very well liked. (-100) Xpiro is not very well liked. (-100) Xpiro is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by PowersKenny View Post
    Free range squats
    Grab canned food put it in a backpack squats
    Grab your partner put them on your back squats
    Come on dude
    As in... bodyweight squats? Pointless.

If my backpack can’t hold even 50lbs of my DBs without busting, also pointless.

My partner is actually a viable weight for DLs (too heavy for squats, she’s thicc as fucc and I’m 5’2” 140 lbs) but we haven’t figured out how to work that out with a lack of a way to grip her and whatnot.

More options plz

Originally Posted by SansRien View Post
    Amazon. Iron core resistance bands 5 pack. About $35. I’ve owned a set for 2 years. Only two sets left in stock.

4 pack has 15 left in stock
    And here I thought a good ass set would run me 3 times as much! Thanks for the tip!

BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Xpiro View Post
    As in... bodyweight squats? Pointless.
    Do you ever get tired of posting this and being wrong?

A good routine for you legs would start with burpees, box jumps or squat jumps, something explosive to prime your legs.
    Keep these in the neighborhood of 4x6 or 5x5, don’t overdue it.

Then the following exercises with 30 seconds rest at least between sets and no more than a minute rest. The trick to building muscle and strength with calisthenics is a SLOW eccentric, at least 4-5 secs.

5x10 wait for it.....bodyweight squats

These should be full ROM, most guys I know who says “bodyweight squats are useless” are either weak, don’t come close to the hamstrings touching their calves, or both. Don’t be in either of these categories.

Next, will be 5x10 glute bridges.

These are great because on top of working the glutes (when done correctly) they train the low back without flexing it. It also trains all for muscles of the hamstrings, including the biceps femoris short head.

Follow this up with 3x10 single leg work. These could be your choice, step-ups, lunges, split squats... you get the picture.

Last but not least, 3x10 leg raises. These will work the hips and core.

As far as resistance bands go, you can use them to add resistance to your squats, or use them for leg curls or extensions. Very versatile things bands are...

Again, the key is a slow 4-5 sec eccentric. Hope this helps you and also hopefully you find a newfound respect for calisthenics.

iabs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iabs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iabs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iabs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iabs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iabs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iabs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iabs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iabs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iabs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iabs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    $35.95 for ONE band?

lol fuk off.
    300 Forever

SansRien will become famous soon enough. (+50) SansRien will become famous soon enough. (+50) SansRien will become famous soon enough. (+50) SansRien will become famous soon enough. (+50) SansRien will become famous soon enough. (+50) SansRien will become famous soon enough. (+50) SansRien will become famous soon enough. (+50) SansRien will become famous soon enough. (+50) SansRien will become famous soon enough. (+50) SansRien will become famous soon enough. (+50) SansRien will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by iabs View Post
    $35.95 for ONE band?

lol fuk off.
    Nobody itt said anything about one band for $35.95

Originally Posted by BeginnerGainz View Post
    Do you ever get tired of posting this and being wrong?

A good routine for you legs would start with burpees, box jumps or squat jumps, something explosive to prime your legs.
    Keep these in the neighborhood of 4x6 or 5x5, don’t overdue it.

Then the following exercises with 30 seconds rest at least between sets and no more than a minute rest. The trick to building muscle and strength with calisthenics is a SLOW eccentric, at least 4-5 secs.

5x10 wait for it.....bodyweight squats

These should be full ROM, most guys I know who says “bodyweight squats are useless” are either weak, don’t come close to the hamstrings touching their calves, or both. Don’t be in either of these categories.

Next, will be 5x10 glute bridges.

These are great because on top of working the glutes (when done correctly) they train the low back without flexing it. It also trains all for muscles of the hamstrings, including the biceps femoris short head.

Follow this up with 3x10 single leg work. These could be your choice, step-ups, lunges, split squats... you get the picture.

Last but not least, 3x10 leg raises. These will work the hips and core.

As far as resistance bands go, you can use them to add resistance to your squats, or use them for leg curls or extensions. Very versatile things bands are...

Again, the key is a slow 4-5 sec eccentric. Hope this helps you and also hopefully you find a newfound respect for calisthenics.
    I guess I don’t understand how a calisthenics workout would produce as much mass as a workout using 80% of a 1RM for 8 reps. If that were the case, why bother with equipment at all,l? Why bother following these hypertrophy centric programs in the 6-8, 10-12 rep ranges if you can just do bodyweight everything if your goal is to get huge? Why are none of these types of workouts in the stickies on the programs section?

I’m not doubting that hypertrophy is possible. I just don’t get how I can maintain, much less build upon, my current physique by so drastically shifting my approach to training. The idea completely dismantles almost every shred of direction I’ve ever followed that’s led me to my goals. Not being contradictory, just asking for an explanation (backed up with studies).

ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Pistol squats might work but they require a bit of flexibility and balance.
    Goblet squats with dumbbells can be done, its basically a front squat, so grab the heaviest dumbbell you have.
    You can do step ups, lunges, calf raises, etc while holding dumbbells.

You probably wont build the mass that barbell squats would give you but it would help maintain what you have if you are in a pinch and just need a substitute for a closed gym.