Spencer388 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Maintenance or Continue Cut

Should I continue my cut and risk losing muscle with no weights higher than 50 around me or stay at maintenance until this cools down and go back on my cut?

Just don’t want to lose muscle

sunsean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sunsean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sunsean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sunsean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sunsean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sunsean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sunsean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sunsean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sunsean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sunsean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sunsean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Safest route is probably maintenance, BUT - I am continuing the cut I started before the quarantine.

Without normal gym equipment it's harder to gauge loss of strength, which is my biggest concern, but I'm still working out fairly intensely with my limited equipment at home.

I'd say it's a personal choice - for me my bday is in may and that was my original goal date for getting ripped, so I'm going to do my best to stick to it.

Spencer388 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by sunsean View Post
    Safest route is probably maintenance, BUT - I am continuing the cut I started before the quarantine.

Without normal gym equipment it's harder to gauge loss of strength, which is my biggest concern, but I'm still working out fairly intensely with my limited equipment at home.

I'd say it's a personal choice - for me my bday is in may and that was my original goal date for getting ripped, so I'm going to do my best to stick to it.

Yeah if you’re gonna continue your cut just keep your protein high and you should be fine. I personally hate losing strength lol. Tough to know when gyms will reopen

sunsean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sunsean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sunsean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sunsean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sunsean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sunsean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sunsean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sunsean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sunsean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sunsean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sunsean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Spencer388 View Post
    Yeah if you’re gonna continue your cut just keep your protein high and you should be fine. I personally hate losing strength lol. Tough to know when gyms will reopen
    Well without any lifting at all, you're going to lose strength and mass even if you eat maintenance. But it will happen slower than if you were cutting.

You're right unfortunately, no one knows when they will reopen...which is why I suggest finding an alternative fitness regime in the meantime...even if it's just push ups and crunches, give your body something. Any resistance training you can give it will help slow the process of muscle loss.

Not sure what 50lb weight you have, but if it's a dumbbell you can do quite a lot with that.

Train hard play harder Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    The good news is the muscle goes back on with a vengeance when you return to the gym so don’t worry too much. You guys think you have to start over and it doesn’t work like that
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Originally Posted by Tommy W. View Post
    The good news is the muscle goes back on with a vengeance when you return to the gym so don’t worry too much. You guys think you have to start over and it doesn’t work like that
    Good point, but no reason to stop training if you don't have to.

Train hard play harder Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by sunsean View Post
    Good point, but no reason to stop training if you don't have to.
    correct
    Plenty of good bodyweight Programs out there and gives the joints a break
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Originally Posted by Tommy W. View Post
    correct
    Plenty of good bodyweight Programs out there and gives the joints a break
    Yeah I was surprised by my mostly bodyweight workouts this week. I did higher reps but the intensity/weight was lower than normal - but I still got a great pump and am sorer than normal, probably because it's not what my body is used to.