paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Question for internet/tech people

I'm paying about $100/month for cable and 30 Mbps internet service at each of my 23 rental properties. That's $2300 a month. My occupancy is going to plummet until this crisis is over. These properties are fully furnished with all bills paid, I rent them to refinery contractors with a per diem. It's welders, pipefitters and electricians that work 10-12 hours a day, 6-7 days a week. My places are an alternative to living out of a motel room for a month or two while doing a short term job. It's not like they come home at 5:00, plop themself on the couch and watch TV until 10:30. They come home at 7:00, cook dinner, do laundry, shower and sleep. TV is just something in the background.

My city offers wireless internet. The top tier is 5 Mbps for $40/month. I know that is slow, but that is the fastest speed they offer. Most of my places have 3-4 televisions.

I'm considering dropping the $100/month cable and getting a Roku for each television and going with the city wireless for $40. Is it possible for 2 or more televisions and 1 or 2 devices to be functional with 5 Mbps service? I don't want to make the switch if it's not going to be functional. Also, when the places are unoccupied I keep a security camera in there facing the door and the HDTV in the living room. I sends the signal to my phone. So I need internet when the places are unoccupied. I've caught 3 burglars that have entered unoccupied units.