Registered User tryingtogetfitt's Avatar
    tryingtogetfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Unhappy struggle is real !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pls help...

Hello,
    Height: 5'10
    Weight: 70 kg
    waist: 31.7 inch
    I had a transformation from 96 kg to 70 kg. It took me 18 months for the transformation and after that i am still struggling to lose fat.
    Though my body weight is already enough according to my age and height. I am finding it very difficult to loose the lower back fat ( photo on the body space). Honestly, per se i don't have any extra fat in my body other than the lower back fat. I have a flat stomach and a visible outline for abs. This is making my body shape look weird.
    I tried going to almost 1600 cal for two months i dropped my weight by 2 kgs but i didn't see any difference in term of fat loss.
    Yes, i am weightlifting 5 days a week( that was before quarantine ). i am regular in my exercise and i have been keeping track of my progressive overload.if you need info on my lifts i can provide.
    The question is why the lower back fat isn't bugging after all the hard work i breaks my heart not to see any progress.
    Can this problem be due to inadequate amount of consumption of protein?? idk.......
    Please any suggestion or advice would be very helpful.
    Thank You

faithbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) faithbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) faithbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) faithbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) faithbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) faithbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) faithbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) faithbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) faithbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) faithbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) faithbrah is a name known to all. (+5000)
    you probably don't have enough muscle to warrant cutting further, or maybe you really need to push yourself with the deficit
    positive crew

Originally Posted by faithbrah View Post
    you probably don't have enough muscle to warrant cutting further, or maybe you really need to push yourself with the deficit
    I am on 1600 cal i don't think so going lower would be ideal !! i don't understand why that last part of lower back fat isn't going away.
    so should i try going in calorie surplus to gain some muscle ????
    can you explain me how that will help me in losing fat???pls

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    If you are fixated on this lower back fat, the only option is to keep dieting.

However, I'm sure it's not your only goal. We often discourage people cutting for too long because we know they aren't going to reach a satisfactory endpoint until they've gained some muscle first. Doing this won' directly get rid of back fat but in the long term you will look better. Remember that everyone has some bodyfat - even those who are "shredded". Having more muscle spreads out the fat you do have more - so you don't look 'soft'.

Train hard play harder Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    At your stats you need to be on a muscle building program. Add muscle then Come back later and resume with the final stage of fatloss
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    If you are fixated on this lower back fat, the only option is to keep dieting.

However, I'm sure it's not your only goal. We often discourage people cutting for too long because we know they aren't going to reach a satisfactory endpoint until they've gained some muscle first. Doing this won' directly get rid of back fat but in the long term you will look better. Remember that everyone has some bodyfat - even those who are "shredded". Having more muscle spreads out the fat you do have more - so you don't look 'soft'.
    Yes.. I have low muscle and honestly I want to bulk up but i am afraid that while gaining phase those lower back fat will become more bigger ( fatter).
    1) I kept on dieting and went low on calories but it didn't work

2)If i want to bulk up how much calories should i set for myself ???I used an online calorie calculator and it says around 2500.

3)Is it true that if i gain muscle it would improve my body's muscle to fat ratio which would improve overall body composition??? which might be an answer to the problem of lower back fat?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    2500 seem like a reasonable starting point. Adjust as you go along. Don't gain more than 2-3lbs a month and it will mostly be muscle.

Originally Posted by Tommy W. View Post
    At your stats you need to be on a muscle building program. Add muscle then Come back later and resume with the final stage of fatloss
    Thanks mate !!!
    After reading all the suggestions i will go on muscle building phase as soon as the quarantine gets over. Right now due to low activity i am around 1600-1700 cal
    Just one question.....
    Is lack of muscle the reason i might not be able to lose the last chunk of fat ????

I am currently on push,pull and leg
    previously i was on upper body and lower body?
    If you want i can add my programme in detail.
    thanksss mate
    Last edited by tryingtogetfitt; 03-26-2020 at 10:05 AM.

You will have to diet again further down the line but gaining mass is the best option for now.

Ideally you need a routine with the same or slightly more total workload than what you were doing before.

You measure workload as the number of work sets you do per week for each bodypart. What kind of "split" it is is surprisingly unimportant.

Train hard play harder Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by tryingtogetfitt View Post
    Thanks mate !!!
    After reading all the suggestions i will go on muscle building phase as soon as the quarantine gets over. Right now due to low activity i am around 1600-1700 cal
    Just one question.....
    Is lack of muscle the reason i might not be able to lose the last chunk of fat ????

and can you suggest me a workout programme ?
    I am currently on push,pull and leg
    previously i was on upper body and lower body?
    If you want i can add my programme in detail.
    thanksss mate
    there are some good ones listed on this website. As far as the fat coming back that will depend on your calorie surplus. The best way to gauge things is to keep measurements of your waist when measured at the navel. If this measurement grows you’re gaining fat. A little is inevitable however if this is growing too much and muscle is not then you need to reel back the weekly calories and if little or no muscle is being gained then you need to review your training.

If no waist gain at all and no muscle being gained and the scale isnt moving then you’re eating at maintenance and need to up the calories slightly
    Last edited by Tommy W.; 03-26-2020 at 08:30 AM.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough