Charlieburg21 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

bench press cues

what are your best cues for the bench press??

I seem to be struggling with OVERtucking my elbows, making it more of a front delt and tricep exercise. when I try to tuck less and keep my arms 60-75 degrees I feel it a bit more in my shoulders. I keep my shoulder blades down and pinched, glutes tight, etc, but can't seem to figure out the elbow situation without feeling it in my front delts somewhat

Mortar34 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mortar34 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mortar34 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mortar34 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mortar34 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mortar34 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mortar34 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mortar34 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mortar34 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mortar34 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mortar34 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I don't worry much about my elbows. Keeping my shoulders down and retracted has always kept them in a decent position.

My cues are to retract my shoulders and tighten the hell out of my back, then set my back on the bench, set my hands, set my feet. Tighten everything again. No more thinking after that.
    "Life is hard. It's harder if you're stupid."

"I don't know how I'm going to win, I just know I'm not going to lose."

MFC

is it normal to feel the front delts a bit in the press along with the chest?

Originally Posted by Mortar34 View Post
    I don't worry much about my elbows. Keeping my shoulders down and retracted has always kept them in a decent position.

My cues are to retract my shoulders and tighten the hell out of my back, then set my back on the bench, set my hands, set my feet. Tighten everything again. No more thinking after that.

bump.

I'm supposed to bench tomorrow. should I just keep my elbows tucked at 75degrees regardless of how It feels so I can get used to it? or should I keep tucking at 45 degrees or so? I wanna target my pec major as much as possible