Thread: Home Gym

yka1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yka1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yka1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yka1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yka1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yka1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yka1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yka1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yka1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yka1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yka1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Home Gym

My bad if this is the wrong section:

I am looking to buy a home gym, not just because of COVID-19 but I have a big family and would really like if they got into weightlifting/gym.

Im on a budget so far I have found a squat rack - could this double up as a bench press platform if I get a bench too?(pretty basic, doesn't look too sturdy but adjustable support) for around £80

and have a few options for a barbell but not sure what length I would need, there 5-7ft with 5ft being £60 and 7foot being £90

are there any cheaper options anyone knows about? Also is this enough? It lets me do squat,deadlift(will need some mats or something), bench, rows, lat/tricep extensions and curls, most things right?

Building The Monolith Anthony21's Avatar
    Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by yka1 View Post
    My bad if this is the wrong section:

I am looking to buy a home gym, not just because of COVID-19 but I have a big family and would really like if they got into weightlifting/gym.

Im on a budget so far I have found a squat rack - could this double up as a bench press platform if I get a bench too?(pretty basic, doesn't look too sturdy but adjustable support) for around £80

and have a few options for a barbell but not sure what length I would need, there 5-7ft with 5ft being £60 and 7foot being £90

are there any cheaper options anyone knows about? Also is this enough? It lets me do squat,deadlift(will need some mats or something), bench, rows, lat/tricep extensions and curls, most things right?
    Depending on your used gym market you can hit up apps like Offer Up, Let it Go, Facebook Marketplace, Craigslist, etc to shop around for things like weight plates, dbs, barbells, etc for cheap.

A flat bench would be good to get as you can bench in your power rack. I would advise getting a power bar for your set up. That way you can use it for squatting, benching, overhead pressing, deadlifting, barbell rows, etc.
    My training log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175799121

yka1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yka1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yka1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yka1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yka1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yka1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yka1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yka1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yka1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yka1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yka1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Anthony21 View Post
    Depending on your used gym market you can hit up apps like Offer Up, Let it Go, Facebook Marketplace, Craigslist, etc to shop around for things like weight plates, dbs, barbells, etc for cheap.

A flat bench would be good to get as you can bench in your power rack. I would advise getting a power bar for your set up. That way you can use it for squatting, benching, overhead pressing, deadlifting, barbell rows, etc.
    is a squat rack ok as opposed to a power rack? It literally is just 2 stands with an adjustable handle thing and no other support, would i be able to squat and bench with this? or am I better off investing more in one with supports?
    Thanks a lot btw!

Building The Monolith Anthony21's Avatar
    Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    is a squat rack ok as opposed to a power rack? It literally is just 2 stands with an adjustable handle thing and no other support, would i be able to squat and bench with this? or am I better off investing more in one with supports?
    Thanks a lot btw!
    I mean you could make the best of it and bench out of it. Personally I wouldn't unless it had safeties like a power rack does.
    My training log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175799121

ChunkBuster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChunkBuster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChunkBuster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChunkBuster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChunkBuster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChunkBuster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChunkBuster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChunkBuster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChunkBuster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChunkBuster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChunkBuster is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I don’t have space for a squat rack and don’t fancy putting it in the spare room upstairs.

I bought chin and dips bars, a barbell and weights.

I do these landmine exercises: squats, split squats, RDL, meadows rows, chest press, shoulder press, shoulder to shoulder press.

Originally Posted by ChunkBuster View Post
    I don’t have space for a squat rack and don’t fancy putting it in the spare room upstairs.

I bought chin and dips bars, a barbell and weights.

I do these landmine exercises: squats, split squats, RDL, meadows rows, chest press, shoulder press, shoulder to shoulder press.
    how do you bench though? or squat?

TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Search Amazon
    squat stand
    adjustable bench
    barbell and plates
    done

Originally Posted by TAWS6 View Post
    Search Amazon
    squat stand
    adjustable bench
    barbell and plates
    done
    Thanks,
    Do you know what type of bar I should get and what weights will fit on them? ive found a decently priced olympic 7ft 2" one but im not sure cheaper weights will fit it?

TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thanks,
    Do you know what type of bar I should get and what weights will fit on them? ive found a decently priced olympic 7ft 2" one but im not sure cheaper weights will fit it?

Any olympic sized 45 lb bar will fit. Just make sure to get olympic plates. York makes decent stuff. I have some old Apollo plates that get it done.