jrme421 is not very well liked. (-100) jrme421 is not very well liked. (-100) jrme421 is not very well liked. (-100) jrme421 is not very well liked. (-100) jrme421 is not very well liked. (-100) jrme421 is not very well liked. (-100) jrme421 is not very well liked. (-100) jrme421 is not very well liked. (-100) jrme421 is not very well liked. (-100) jrme421 is not very well liked. (-100) jrme421 is not very well liked. (-100)

How much Protein shake should i drink? need help

I think i got myself a nice diet now but i don't know how much and often i should drink protein shakes.

my goal is to get leaned and well muscled with a visible 6 pack.

here is what i do

i am 33 years old
    1,82m
    weight 64kg and according to the Jackson-pollock ~19% body fat.

i do 2 big sessions of 2 hours each of body building per week with 15min of cardio first to warm up.

i do the session monday evening and friday morning.

i always sweat during the sessions so i do push myself every time. i don't do an easy gym session.

both sessions i do:
    4 series of 8 repetitions each of concentration curls
    4 series of 8 repetitions each of wide grip standing bar bell
    4 series of 8 repetitions each of seated triceps press 2 hands * 2 (one at the beginning one the end of the session)
    4 series of 8 repetitions each of barbell bench press small grip
    4 series of 8 repetitions each of barbell bench press medium grip
    4 series of 8 repetitions each of shoulder power partial
    4 series of 8 repetitions each of standing military press large grip

my diet is nothing but raw fruits (bananas, grapefruits, kiwis, apples) and water
    I do one cheat day a week either the sunday or monday.

I have only one scope of shake powder (~25gr) per day except thursday
    i drink 1 scope of protein shake mixed with water after each session of gym on monday and friday
    and 1 scope again with lunch on tuesday, wednesday, saturday and sunday. I don't have a shake on thursday.

the powder i use is TRUE-MASS chocolate taste

i have been at it for a month now and fat loss became much slower despite the fruit diet.
    with a fruit diet i lose 2kg of fat a week easy but this time it's barely 1 kg.
    in the meantime i measure my muscle growth of the biceps with a tape and only gained ~0.4 cm in a month.

i don't think i gain 1kg of muscle a week, making my weight loss slower.

so if anyone knows anything about this.

how many scoop of protein shake should i have per day and week to get the results i want?
    and with this precise diet how long do you think it will take?

thank in advance.

Location: Manchester, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Am I reading that correctly in that you’re having 1 scoop of protein per day and getting no other dietary intake?
    Strong & Unstable

jrme421 is not very well liked. (-100) jrme421 is not very well liked. (-100) jrme421 is not very well liked. (-100) jrme421 is not very well liked. (-100) jrme421 is not very well liked. (-100) jrme421 is not very well liked. (-100) jrme421 is not very well liked. (-100) jrme421 is not very well liked. (-100) jrme421 is not very well liked. (-100) jrme421 is not very well liked. (-100) jrme421 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by faipdeooiad View Post
    Am I reading that correctly in that you’re having 1 scoop of protein per day and getting no other dietary intake?
    my diet is nothing but raw fruits. i eat raw fruits and one cheat day where i usually eat stuff like bread potatoes chicken pasta or rice on top of a few nice things

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    That doesn't sound too smart.

Try putting a typical day into cronometer.com - then observe all the things you are likely to be deficient in.

Pro tip: variety and moderation is always better than fad diets.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    That doesn't sound too smart.

Try putting a typical day into cronometer.com - then observe all the things you are likely to be deficient in.

Pro tip: variety and moderation is always better than fad diets.
    thanks but that wasnt my question.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    You will also see how much your deficient in protein.

One scoop of a some powder is likely to supply around 25g of protein. You get very little from fruit - and you need up to 1.6g per kg of bodyweight each day to maximally support muscle growth. So you are probably short by about 100g of protein.

Of course you also need to be healthy and not deficient in various other vitamins, minerals, organic acids, essential fatty acids etc. Protein is an important part of the puzzle but it's much more of a priority to stop your silly fruit diet if you care about results from your training.

You will also see how much your deficient in protein.

One scoop of a some powder is likely to supply around 25g of protein. You get very little from fruit - and you need up to 1.6g per kg of bodyweight each day to maximally support muscle growth. So you are probably short by about 100g of protein.

Of course you also need to be healthy and not deficient in various other vitamins, minerals, organic acids, essential fatty acids etc. Protein is an important part of the puzzle but it's much more of a priority to stop your silly fruit diet if you care about results from your training.
    again thank you but it wasn't what i asked for. i am not trying to get big. just lean and thin with good muscles. i dont feel any deficiencies at all. as a matter of fact eating that way is the only way for me to feel great.

Yes it is. We are talking about protein dosing - and it applies just as much when dieting and trying to retain muscle as it does when trying to grow it. You are likely to lose muscle and become 'skinny fat' which will probably lead to rebound fat gain. Your health may be OK now but it takes time for deficiencies to become apparent.

It's very very common on this forum for people to misunderstand their body composition - they think they don't have to grow any muscle, just diet to get a lean attractive physique. In reality there is less underlying muscle than they think and they have to build at least some otherwise dieting down just results in a scarecrow like look.
    Last edited by SuffolkPunch; 03-25-2020 at 02:28 AM.

faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    BRB, getting lean and thin but then also putting myself in hospital because I’m chronically malnourished.
    Strong & Unstable

Originally Posted by faipdeooiad View Post
    BRB, getting lean and thin but then also putting myself in hospital because I’m chronically malnourished.
    jesus. i guess i should have written in the first post, NO TROLLING PLEASE.

If you are referring to me, I'm completely serious. I've studied this for a over a decade and like to think I know what I'm talking about... but it's your life.

If you are referring to me, I'm completely serious. I've studied this for a over a decade and like to think I know what I'm talking about... but it's your life.
    actually i was reffering to the other guy.

i will keep it very short

2 years ago i started the diet of fruits. i lost 17kg of fat. then last year my friend showed up before xmas so we ate and drank a lot of nice stuff all the time. then came xmas which meant more good food an chocolate and got back up to 67 kg. now i am dieting again to lose the fat but i figured throw in some sport again to boost the mood. thats all

all my life i always felt tired like an old man but since i have quit all kind of processed food and eat only raw fruites, vegies and some nuts i feel full of energy all the time.

It could be that there are some foods that cause you to feel lacking in energy etc. You've obviously excluded these by only eating fruit - but I would recommend finding out what those specific foods are and add back in things that don't cause a problem - especially foods containing protein, essential fats, calcium, B vitamins, creatine etc to name just a few.

Progressively add stuff back in and see how you feel. Be systematic.

It could be that there are some foods that cause you to feel lacking in energy etc. You've obviously excluded these by only eating fruit - but I would recommend finding out what those specific foods are and add back in things that don't cause a problem - especially foods containing protein, essential fats, calcium, B vitamins, creatine etc to name just a few.

Progressively add stuff back in and see how you feel. Be systematic.
    im french, all my life i ate homemade cooked meals. chicken, potatoes, cooked vegetables (real) cheese. rice pastas. i had chocolate and ice cream like everyone in france which is way less than the uk and usa. it seems i get fat quicker than most people but also lose quicker. any way i had a perfectly balanced food diet like the one recommended by dietitians but still always a slug. processed food be it cooked vegies, meat, pastas make me tired.

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Not NEAR enough protein. Want's "good muscle" but has pitiful workout... OP, you have legs and a back that need working out, too. That workout you listed is a typical 16-year-old's workout (only interested in arms and chest.)

Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You talking about BSN True Mass? That's a weight gainer and one scoop is only 1/3 of a serving so ~15grams of protein. If that's all you get on average you are going to cause your self future problems no matter how good you feel now. Protein is an essential macro nutrient. I'd wager you're deficient in several other vitamins and minerals too. To answer your question, in the absence of any other protein, you would need enough scoops to get ~0.7g of protein per lb of body weight. Your workout program is entirely separate issue but that should be a problem on the workout programs forum.
    Bench: 365
    Squat: 495
    Deadlift: 535

Refrigerator Lover

sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If your goal physique includes muscle (as you indicated) then you need a certain amount of protein to build and maintain it (along with weightlifting and rest) - this minimum is about .8g protein per lb. of bodyweight.

That's how much protein you need.

acrable will become famous soon enough. (+50) acrable will become famous soon enough. (+50) acrable will become famous soon enough. (+50) acrable will become famous soon enough. (+50) acrable will become famous soon enough. (+50) acrable will become famous soon enough. (+50) acrable will become famous soon enough. (+50) acrable will become famous soon enough. (+50) acrable will become famous soon enough. (+50) acrable will become famous soon enough. (+50) acrable will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    What about "Jackson Pollock"? Lol.

ahmedjem will become famous soon enough. (+50) ahmedjem will become famous soon enough. (+50) ahmedjem will become famous soon enough. (+50) ahmedjem will become famous soon enough. (+50) ahmedjem will become famous soon enough. (+50) ahmedjem will become famous soon enough. (+50) ahmedjem will become famous soon enough. (+50) ahmedjem will become famous soon enough. (+50) ahmedjem will become famous soon enough. (+50) ahmedjem will become famous soon enough. (+50) ahmedjem will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You want to drink at least three glasses per day for best health.

Originally Posted by ahmedjem View Post
    You want to drink at least three glasses per day for best health.
    Nope
    Strong & Unstable

Cybergenics...it's bomb! lucia316's Avatar
    lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    This thread hurts my head...."Hey gaiz, I need help because I don't know what I'm doing, but I'm going to argue with you because I don't know how to ask the correct question."

OP, you're asking the wrong question as Suffolk is trying to help you see.
    "I'm pretty sure your wrong, but care to elaborate..."

Retired account

TheFugitive, Manwittaplan, and ILPump are all the same guy...socktastic

Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I was hoping for the Arnold meme about how many grams of protein per day....."all of them"