tbared has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tbared has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tbared has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tbared has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tbared has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Resistance Bands

I need some opinions on Resistance Bands for when i travel. Im not looking for gains. Im just looking for above average to best quality to maintain. An all inclusive set or a buildable set is of no matter. I want something quality and usable. Opinions both positive and negative as well as insights please.

Thanks in advance
    What we've got here is a failure to communicate, always. :{

ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I have the "pullup assist" style 41" band loops in red, black, purple. I mostly use them for band pull aparts and tricep pushdown, I've never used them for pullup assist. The red and black are more usable for most exercises than the purple. They all offer a good amount of resistance, but the purple doesn't offer much stretch. I bought them from wodfitters with one of their codes, but its a very generic product.

tbared has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tbared has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tbared has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tbared has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tbared has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ampire View Post
    I have the "pullup assist" style 41" band loops in red, black, purple. I mostly use them for band pull aparts and tricep pushdown, I've never used them for pullup assist. The red and black are more usable for most exercises than the purple. They all offer a good amount of resistance, but the purple doesn't offer much stretch. I bought them from wodfitters with one of their codes, but its a very generic product.
    Do you prefer the Looped vs the Hnadled for a particular reason?

ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by tbared View Post
    Not really, it just seemed like a simpler product, I mostly got them as a substitute for cable pressdowns that I could use at home and wanted something with a good bit of resistance. I never tried the handled besides a few old Gold's Gym branded ones that don't have much resistance.

KoolDJVader is just really nice. (+1000) KoolDJVader is just really nice. (+1000) KoolDJVader is just really nice. (+1000) KoolDJVader is just really nice. (+1000) KoolDJVader is just really nice. (+1000) KoolDJVader is just really nice. (+1000) KoolDJVader is just really nice. (+1000) KoolDJVader is just really nice. (+1000) KoolDJVader is just really nice. (+1000) KoolDJVader is just really nice. (+1000) KoolDJVader is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by tbared View Post
    I prefer the looped because its more flexible for acheiving variable resistance and exercise variety. With the handled version, the only way to increase tension is by widening your stance to shorten the band. With the looped, you can do it that way or shorten by grabbing the band further down. Handled version are easier on your hands as the looped can cut your hands a bit without gloves

andreabk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) andreabk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) andreabk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) andreabk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) andreabk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) andreabk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) andreabk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) andreabk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) andreabk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) andreabk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) andreabk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Do you have a particular budget in mind?

Thanks for the replies. Ive been a diehard free weight for decades and adding Bands is new. Bands, they aren't that expensive, so i guess, no i dont have a budget. I just want quality.

Originally Posted by andreabk View Post
    Do you have a particular budget in mind?

Originally Posted by KoolDJVader View Post
    I prefer the looped because its more flexible for acheiving variable resistance and exercise variety. With the handled version, the only way to increase tension is by widening your stance to shorten the band. With the looped, you can do it that way or shorten by grabbing the band further down. Handled version are easier on your hands as the looped can cut your hands a bit without gloves
    Thanks for chiming in!

You hit my big question. How much does having handles affect grip and hand fatigue or pressure with looped vs handled bands. Thats the major factor it seems to a newbie with bands. Maybe it all comes don to personal preference and trial and error.

Originally Posted by ampire View Post
    Not really, it just seemed like a simpler product, I mostly got them as a substitute for cable pressdowns that I could use at home and wanted something with a good bit of resistance. I never tried the handled besides a few old Gold's Gym branded ones that don't have much resistance.
    Thanks, noted