Registered User eddylovesamber9's Avatar
    eddylovesamber9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Plant based question. Please help

So I have started on a plant based meal plan. I actually enjoy it. Don't get me wrong I so love me some chicken and steak and I will occasionally have chicken or tuna once a week or twice.

My question is I am on a caloric deficit of 1800 and I am trying to limit my carb intake, but if I just mostly eat all kinds of beans and some brown rice I hit 200 grams for carbs quickly, is that many carbs bad or is it because they are Complex carbs.

But for protien it ranges around 160 so I would have to top it off with a shake. And thata fine with me.

I guess I'm just worried that I am taking in to many carbs on this plan.

I do about 15-20 min cardio everyday. And I lift 3-4 times a week full body.

As a officer who is trying to left more to get into better shape
    Last edited by eddylovesamber9; 03-24-2020 at 05:42 PM.

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by eddylovesamber9 View Post
    So I have started on a plant based meal plan. I actually enjoy it. Don't get me wrong I so love me some chicken and steak and I will occasionally have chicken or tuna once a week or twice.

My question is I am on a caloric deficit of 1800 and I am trying to limit my carb intake, but if I just mostly eat all kinds of beans and some brown rice I hit 200 grams for carbs quickly, is that many carbs bad or is it because they are Complex carbs.

But for protien it ranges around 160 so I would have to top it off with a shake. And thata fine with me.

I do about 15-20 min cardio everyday. And I lift 3x a week full body
    Why would it be to many carbs? As long as you can still get the protein and fat you need
    2018 Log
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175232661

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by WolfRose7 View Post
    Why would it be to many carbs? As long as you can still get the protein and fat you need

Yep, hit protein and fat MINIMUMS and them fill the rest in as you want. I normally hit about 350 carbs.
    Superbus est, qui loquitur in prouerbiis Latinis.

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

I do about 15-20 min cardio everyday. And I lift 3-4 times a week full body.

As a officer who is trying to left more to get into better shape
    Carbohydrates are not inherently "bad." If you want to engage in a low carb or keto diet then do that. Otherwise, figure out some macros and find what works best. Adjust as necessary.
    Currently: traveling

Last country visited: Costa Rica - 2020
    Next country booked: Netherlands + Croatia - 2020

Train hard play harder Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    What are your goals?
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Just want to go from 255 to 200 the thing is I'm not even that fat just want to lose my mid section then build from there and get my muscle back. I know it will be a hard 12 weeks that's why cardio everyday and full 3 times a week lifting

Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Just want to go from 255 to 200 the thing is I'm not even that fat just want to lose my mid section then build from there and get my muscle back. I know it will be a hard 12 weeks that's why cardio everyday and full 3 times a week lifting
    it will take longer than that to lose the 55 lbs. post a pic of yourself shirtless for a better idea of how you should be approaching things as far as diet and training

Originally Posted by Tommy W. View Post
    it will take longer than that to lose the 55 lbs. post a pic of yourself shirtless for a better idea of how you should be approaching things as far as diet and training
    I uploaded photos on my page if you want to check them out

AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I can’t believe it’s 2020 and people still think carbs are ‘bad’
    The power of carbs compels me!

I uploaded photos on my page if you want to check them out
    you have a ways to go. Your fatloss will be predominantly from diet. The weights will help maintain muscle you already have. I wouldn’t worry so much about carbs as your overall weekly calories will determine your fatloss amounts. Most likely carbs WILL be on the lower side since your protein and to a lesser extent your calories from fat will take priority. I’d say you have a 6 month project on your hands to get the fat off.
    Last edited by Tommy W.; 03-24-2020 at 08:08 PM.