JustinSmith52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinSmith52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinSmith52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinSmith52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinSmith52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinSmith52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinSmith52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinSmith52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinSmith52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinSmith52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinSmith52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Can I still run if I want to build muscle?

Hi I’m 17 years old and I’ve been lifting weights for about a year and a half. I’m also a wrestler so I need cardio but I usually rely on wrestling practice for that cardio. Due to this corona thing I can’t practice but I have a treadmill and weights in my basement. I’m wondering if it’s ok while I’m trying to build muscle to run. I assume that it is ok but I’ve read on websites that it’s not and if it isn’t I’m wondering why is it not? And also is it ok if when I wake up in the morning to go run without eating anything would that not allow me to build muscle? Or would that just burn my fat and allow me to continue building muscle? Thanks.

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    For bodybuilding purposes not not really.
    You should be focusing strength endurance exercises for your sport.
    Looking good on the mat doesn't help a bit when things get going.
    How about this for cardio practice shadow wrestling like 100 double leg take downs,100 single leg take downs,100 stand up,100 sit outs and so on.You could get a good cardio with this and it would be wrestling related for you.
    Research Dan Gable workouts that would be good for you.
    Right now focus more on your wrestling technique,conditioning,and lifting that will help you when you wrestle not necessarily look better.
    You will look better anyway but more like a muscular wrestler than a bodybuilder .
    Good luck.

bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I was in the same boat in high school, and I basically went the route that Garage Rat suggested. Made a huge difference in my performance, and I built some muscle just as a result of working hard. Focus on the things you need to focus on to be a better wrestler. There'll be plenty of time in the off season to get big, but nothing's more demoralizing than getting teched by some skinny kid who really knows his stuff because you've been benching when you should've been practicing shot defense.
    BP: 260
    SQ: 385
    DL: 500

BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Garage Rat View Post
    For bodybuilding purposes not not really.
    You should be focusing strength endurance exercises for your sport.
    Looking good on the mat doesn't help a bit when things get going.
    How about this for cardio practice shadow wrestling like 100 double leg take downs,100 single leg take downs,100 stand up,100 sit outs and so on.You could get a good cardio with this and it would be wrestling related for you.
    Research Dan Gable workouts that would be good for you.
    Right now focus more on your wrestling technique,conditioning,and lifting that will help you when you wrestle not necessarily look better.
    You will look better anyway but more like a muscular wrestler than a bodybuilder .
    Good luck.
    /thread

lsiberian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lsiberian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lsiberian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lsiberian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lsiberian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lsiberian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lsiberian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lsiberian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lsiberian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lsiberian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lsiberian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Plenty of top fighters run for conditioning so it's definitely doable. You just have to eat more. Of course it's very boring to run. I'm sure doing the drills listed above would be a lot more fun. Running is habit forming as well and lots of people get addicted to it. So be careful OP.
    San Antonio Spurs/Dallas Cowboys/Houston Astros/Georgia Tech/Baylor/UTA/Manchester United