MedicalAuthor is on a distinguished road. (+10) MedicalAuthor is on a distinguished road. (+10) MedicalAuthor is on a distinguished road. (+10) MedicalAuthor is on a distinguished road. (+10) MedicalAuthor is on a distinguished road. (+10) MedicalAuthor is on a distinguished road. (+10) MedicalAuthor is on a distinguished road. (+10) MedicalAuthor is on a distinguished road. (+10) MedicalAuthor is on a distinguished road. (+10) MedicalAuthor is on a distinguished road. (+10) MedicalAuthor is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Home replacement for bench

Was benching 210@5x3. At home I have dumbbells that go up to 50 pounds each.

In the middle of a bulk and wondering the best way to continue size gains for pecs. I feel I have all other body parts more or less covered.

One handed pushups? Other pushup variants?

BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Yeah...

You’re not gonna just be able to pop off some one handed pushups, they aren’t nearly as easy as benching.

The humble push-up is more than a replacement for benching. Full ROM, ending in a full shoulder protraction, most people half rep push ups.

If those are too easy, move on to diamond or decline push ups.

lukeadra is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'd suggest doing diamond pushups (search it up if unsure of what they are). If not you can usually find a cheap bench on gumtree or craigslist. Certain chairs, tables, and boxes/cabinets can also work well as a bench if you put something soft over them for comfort. You just need to get a little creative haha. If you need a custom workout/diet plan, follow the link on my account. I'm a qualified Personal Trainer and will develop a plan suited to your needs. Feel free to shoot me a message

air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You prob won't be able to replicate the same size gains/progression without the same equipment, so your best bet would be just to order a cheap but sturdy bench/cage and a barbell set if you want to achieve the same results.

That being said, you can still get a good chest workout with pushup variations, even better with pushup handles and a weighted vest or loaded backpack. But your bulk may have to make some sacrifices during the global pandemic.

1-arm pushups can wreak havoc on your elbows if you do too many of them too often, esp if you're on the older side of the curve.

MedicalAuthor is on a distinguished road. (+10) MedicalAuthor is on a distinguished road. (+10) MedicalAuthor is on a distinguished road. (+10) MedicalAuthor is on a distinguished road. (+10) MedicalAuthor is on a distinguished road. (+10) MedicalAuthor is on a distinguished road. (+10) MedicalAuthor is on a distinguished road. (+10) MedicalAuthor is on a distinguished road. (+10) MedicalAuthor is on a distinguished road. (+10) MedicalAuthor is on a distinguished road. (+10) MedicalAuthor is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I’m 32, 158 pounds so my body weight doesn’t offer much in terms of pushups. I can actually do one arm pushups but they do feel rough on my system

air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by MedicalAuthor View Post
    I’m 32, 158 pounds so my body weight doesn’t offer much in terms of pushups. I can actually do one arm pushups but they do feel rough on my system
    Put some weight on your back with a backpack or weighted vest and do some decline and close grip pushups, and you should find them challenging. Good form, slow negatives. But you may need to be in more of a maintenance mode without more equipment, depending on where you are with development.

paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    What about buying an adjustable bench? You can bench, incline bench and do shoulder presses with your dumb bells at home.

I wonder if there is a rush of people buying home exercise equipment?

lsiberian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lsiberian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lsiberian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lsiberian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lsiberian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lsiberian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lsiberian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lsiberian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lsiberian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lsiberian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lsiberian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by paulinkansas View Post
    What about buying an adjustable bench? You can bench, incline bench and do shoulder presses with your dumb bells at home.

I wonder if there is a rush of people buying home exercise equipment?
    Everything is sold out. It is a boon for the home exercise vendors. I suspect deal will be had a few months on the used market.
    San Antonio Spurs/Dallas Cowboys/Houston Astros/Georgia Tech/Baylor/UTA/Manchester United

BRANDERSS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BRANDERSS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BRANDERSS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BRANDERSS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BRANDERSS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BRANDERSS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BRANDERSS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BRANDERSS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BRANDERSS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BRANDERSS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BRANDERSS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Put the weights and a couple kids on the couch, bench the couch.
    Salivate watching dogs push out turds crew

sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000)
    strongman bag - fill with 100lb, 200lb, 300lb or whatever you want with play sand. lift it, carry it, press it. Put it on a sled and push it or drag it.

ChunkBuster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChunkBuster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChunkBuster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChunkBuster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChunkBuster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChunkBuster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChunkBuster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChunkBuster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChunkBuster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChunkBuster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChunkBuster is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Rings off a door chin up bar? Plenty of chest exercises: dips, decline pushups (feet higher), ring flyers, archer push ups

Rings are $30 and a good chin up bar with lots of grips is $40

TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    If the flat bench is precisely what you're trying to find alternatives for, why not give the floor press a try for awhile? Back before they used benchpressing, floor/ground presses were used heavily. It'll also be quite a bit safer because the limited range of motion prevents the dreaded pectoral tears, and also alleviates the shoulder pain often associated with benchpresses. Pushups(great pushing exercise because it allows the scapula to move as intended) and dips are also great options, and as long as you have 2 chairs available you can perform any of these 3 exercises.
    Back to basics full body routine: https://pastebin.com/5BgKgrMv

Training journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178059671&p=1598034261#post1598034261

Animal2692 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Animal2692 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Animal2692 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Animal2692 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Animal2692 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Animal2692 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Animal2692 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Animal2692 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Animal2692 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Animal2692 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Animal2692 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by MedicalAuthor View Post
    Was benching 210@5x3. At home I have dumbbells that go up to 50 pounds each.

In the middle of a bulk and wondering the best way to continue size gains for pecs. I feel I have all other body parts more or less covered.

One handed pushups? Other pushup variants?
    Weighted dips. Get some cheap gymnastic rings. Start cranking out dips while holding a 50lb dumbbell between your feet. I promise it'll hit that chest just fine.
    Weighted calisthenics>weights anyday. Relative strength>absolute strength