cmhawke is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Workout tracker apps

I'm looking for an alternative manual workout tracker to the app Strong due to longstanding issues with this app. Not seeking anything requiring a subscription but I'm fine with a reasonable one-time purchase. The app should allow the user comprehensive control over recording their exercises, including adding new/custom exercises and routines. Many workout apps in the app store seem to either lack this control (forcing the user to stick to the app's built-in routines) or require a subscription. The app should be able to export workout data. I'm using iOS/iPhone for the moment. Thanks for any recommendations.

Nelg1993 is just really nice. (+1000) Nelg1993 is just really nice. (+1000) Nelg1993 is just really nice. (+1000) Nelg1993 is just really nice. (+1000) Nelg1993 is just really nice. (+1000) Nelg1993 is just really nice. (+1000) Nelg1993 is just really nice. (+1000) Nelg1993 is just really nice. (+1000) Nelg1993 is just really nice. (+1000) Nelg1993 is just really nice. (+1000) Nelg1993 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by cmhawke View Post
    I'm looking for an alternative manual workout tracker to the app Strong due to longstanding issues with this app. Not seeking anything requiring a subscription but I'm fine with a reasonable one-time purchase. The app should allow the user comprehensive control over recording their exercises, including adding new/custom exercises and routines. Many workout apps in the app store seem to either lack this control (forcing the user to stick to the app's built-in routines) or require a subscription. The app should be able to export workout data. I'm using iOS/iPhone for the moment. Thanks for any recommendations.
    Rep count.

Goodluck.

Originally Posted by Nelg1993 View Post
    Rep count.

Goodluck.
    RepCount seems good so far. It's subscription-based but the annual subscription is dirt cheap. Quick, sleek, intuitive. Sorta reminds me of Strong in its early years before they screwed things up. The creator also seems to care a lot about this app and what its customers think based on his discussion with me after I suggested a lifetime purchase option. So points for customer service too.

safcpaul has a spectacular aura about. (+250) safcpaul has a spectacular aura about. (+250) safcpaul has a spectacular aura about. (+250) safcpaul has a spectacular aura about. (+250) safcpaul has a spectacular aura about. (+250) safcpaul has a spectacular aura about. (+250) safcpaul has a spectacular aura about. (+250) safcpaul has a spectacular aura about. (+250) safcpaul has a spectacular aura about. (+250) safcpaul has a spectacular aura about. (+250) safcpaul has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Fitnotes is a great app, easy to use and track and completely free

Originally Posted by safcpaul View Post
    Fitnotes is a great app, easy to use and track and completely free
    Wow and it actually has automated progression, unlike the other two. Might have to switch again lol. Interface feels slightly less intuitive to me but part of that may be due to its greater control vs the other apps. Telling the developer I'd like a dark mode though.