MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000)

1" bar or 2" olympic bar? 6 foot or 7 foot?

Sorry if this has been asked before.

I've been looking at barbells for using at home (in the garden more specifically), for obvious reasons.

I'm just wondering what would be the best buy, a 1" barbell or 2" Olympic barbell. I understand that with an Olympic barbell they can hold more weight. The most I can lift at the moment on front squats is 100kg (including bar weight), and the most I can deadlift for several reps with good form is also around 100kg, so I'm not convinced an Olympic barbell is required or will be required any time soon. My main excercises are front squat, bench press and ohp so I'm not sure that the bearings on an Olympic barbell are required either - I imagine these are more useful for snatches and cleans?

One of the reasons I'm drawn to a 1" barbell is because 1" dumbbell handles seem a hell of a lot cheaper than dumbells that take olympic weights. So throwing in a pair of dumbell handles later on would be cheaper with a 1" set.

Then, in addition to the above I'm wondering whether to get a 6 foot bar or 7 foot bar. The 6 foot bar will most likely be easier to store if I do bring it inside. I'm not sure of the implications of lifting with a 6 foot bar. FWIW I have been lifting with 7 foot Olympic barbells at the gym up until now.

Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I bought an 1" because all Olympic bars were sold out and didn't want to wait and order online. My bar is rated at 250lbs so I won't likely go past that too much for safety measures. I am using this temporarily so I don't mind. Gyms will re-open in a few months and I will either sell the set, or keep it to do volume work or for emergency situations when gyms are closed or when I don't have time.

Your situation will dictate whether you need an Olympic bar or not. If you need to change for heavier loads later, you could always keep the 1" plates for your adjustable dumbbells, that's what I am planning to do.
    IG: @tuanlifts

Richard323 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Richard323 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Richard323 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Richard323 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Richard323 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Richard323 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Richard323 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Richard323 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Richard323 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Richard323 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Richard323 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I bought an 1" too