Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    sooby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sooby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sooby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sooby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sooby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sooby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sooby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sooby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sooby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sooby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sooby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I agree there is more handholding in games but I think nowadays games are just a lot bigger and more complicated but I think there are ways around this.

Disagree though with the thread title. Divinity Original Sin 2 was a great game, difficult game if played at the highest difficulty, alot of quests that you have to find by exploring the fuk out of the maps, some puzzles, hidden stuff you need to find out. Strategy when it comes to fights, etc.

elterrible987 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) elterrible987 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) elterrible987 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) elterrible987 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) elterrible987 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) elterrible987 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) elterrible987 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) elterrible987 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) elterrible987 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) elterrible987 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) elterrible987 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I remember old games keeping like a notebook so you can remember clues, thing for like zelda or whatever you would get a hint about solving some puzzle from some npc in a town.

Today if youre going through some side quest in like witcher 3, RDR2 or GTA5 ect, theres just so much dialog and stuff going on and an uninteresting little side story that you just fast forward through the cutscene because you know it will just tell you exactly where to go on the map next, you go there, kill some guy then return back to get your money.

IDK they cant really make games that are fun and challenging in the same way, the cut scenes and dialog they go overboard with. Think of like an old snes zelda game you would get like a 3 line dialog that gave you a clue instead of a 5 minute boring cutscene, then you are left to try to solve the puzzle on your own. It was more challenging and fun.

Throwing life a 404 SaviorSelfJT's Avatar
    SaviorSelfJT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SaviorSelfJT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SaviorSelfJT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SaviorSelfJT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SaviorSelfJT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SaviorSelfJT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SaviorSelfJT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SaviorSelfJT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SaviorSelfJT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SaviorSelfJT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SaviorSelfJT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by elterrible987 View Post
    I remember old games keeping like a notebook so you can remember clues, thing for like zelda or whatever you would get a hint about solving some puzzle from some npc in a town.

Today if youre going through some side quest in like witcher 3, RDR2 or GTA5 ect, theres just so much dialog and stuff going on and an uninteresting little side story that you just fast forward through the cutscene because you know it will just tell you exactly where to go on the map next, you go there, kill some guy then return back to get your money.

IDK they cant really make games that are fun and challenging in the same way, the cut scenes and dialog they go overboard with. Think of like an old snes zelda game you would get like a 3 line dialog that gave you a clue instead of a 5 minute boring cutscene, then you are left to try to solve the puzzle on your own. It was more challenging and fun.
    Would rep if I could, that's another good observation.

In older games like zelda, everything in the game had a purpose. Every interaction with a NPC was a clue for something and had significance. And more importantly, there wasn't that much dialogue and NPC in these games, so it was easy to remember and go through it all.

In a lot of modern games, there's so much NPC and useless bullchit in all these games, you have to start filtering it out. If you kept a notebook, your notebook would have to be a 5 inch binder full of notebook paper to hold all of it. And most of it is useless dribble, intended to help the "immersion" factor of the game and does not actually lead to a clue or hint about anything in the game.

So previously, if you had the attitude of finishing everything 100% and investigate everything in the game, you'll get lost in the abyss in a modern open world game before you even get past the mandatory tutorial before the game even starts.
    **Put vegetables in my cart so the cashier doesn't think my diet consists entirely of crap crew
    **Throw vegetables in the trash when I get home crew
    **So ugly I won't be on my families christmas card crew
    **Messages girl on facebook and police show up at front door crew
    **Runs water after using restroom so it sounds like I wash my hands crew

turk75 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) turk75 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) turk75 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) turk75 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) turk75 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) turk75 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) turk75 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) turk75 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) turk75 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) turk75 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) turk75 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Vrykul View Post
    There are some 10/10 modern games

Just look at rimworld, its hard to get into but I've sunk 500 hours into that game without even noticing

And it's made by 1 guy
    This x100

Rimworld is one of the greatest games I've ever played. Just last night I was playing and I got a random Combat Dealer Caravan from an Outlander Faction roll up to my base & right after a Royal Tribute Caravan (From new DLC) shows up.. I didn't think anything of it until I start hearing gunshots and explosions, so I quick pause and see the two factions killing each other lol. After the **** show, I grabbed all the dropped items and I stripped every down colonist (scoring some amazing late game gear, also this doesn't piss off any faction).. rescue them all and then score even more favor with each faction for rescuing them hahaha.
    "Rise and rise again until lambs become lions"

USAF 2006 - Present

*TheLand*
    Browns
    Cavs
    Windians
    Buckeyes

MikeLowrrrey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeLowrrrey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeLowrrrey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeLowrrrey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeLowrrrey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeLowrrrey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeLowrrrey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeLowrrrey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeLowrrrey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeLowrrrey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeLowrrrey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by SaviorSelfJT View Post
    Would rep if I could, that's another good observation.

In older games like zelda, everything in the game had a purpose. Every interaction with a NPC was a clue for something and had significance. And more importantly, there wasn't that much dialogue and NPC in these games, so it was easy to remember and go through it all.

In a lot of modern games, there's so much NPC and useless bullchit in all these games, you have to start filtering it out. If you kept a notebook, your notebook would have to be a 5 inch binder full of notebook paper to hold all of it. And most of it is useless dribble, intended to help the "immersion" factor of the game and does not actually lead to a clue or hint about anything in the game.

So previously, if you had the attitude of finishing everything 100% and investigate everything in the game, you'll get lost in the abyss in a modern open world game before you even get past the mandatory tutorial before the game even starts.
    As I said before, it all depends. Buy from the wrong companies and that's what you get. Bland, boring open world games

Some Games like Witcher 3 are backed by books so you can expect the long dialogue and detailed background of various characters. Witcher 3 is far from boring though

Claude33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Claude33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Claude33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Claude33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Claude33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Claude33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Claude33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Claude33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Claude33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Claude33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeh gaming died after 2007. Just like music.