safcpaul will become famous soon enough. (+50) safcpaul will become famous soon enough. (+50) safcpaul will become famous soon enough. (+50) safcpaul will become famous soon enough. (+50) safcpaul will become famous soon enough. (+50) safcpaul will become famous soon enough. (+50) safcpaul will become famous soon enough. (+50) safcpaul will become famous soon enough. (+50) safcpaul will become famous soon enough. (+50) safcpaul will become famous soon enough. (+50) safcpaul will become famous soon enough. (+50)

My home workout while gyms are shut for covid 19

Hi all ive tried to make the most of the small space and the equipment i have at home and wondered if this is alright? I have a bench that i can only have flat. A barbell and a couple dumbells. Workout a is ohp 3x8, lateral raises, rear delt flyes, hammer curls, dumbell curls, tricep extensions and close grip bench. Workout b is flat bench, diamond push ups, bent over rows wide grip and bent over rows close grip. I add squats at the end with as much resistance i can using a barbell with as much weight as i can get over my head while also wearing a weighted vest of 40lbs. Is this alright considering the limitations i have? Thanks in advance

paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Add deadlifts, upright rows, shrugs and finally put some books under one side of your bench to make incline and decline bench.

safcpaul will become famous soon enough. (+50) safcpaul will become famous soon enough. (+50) safcpaul will become famous soon enough. (+50) safcpaul will become famous soon enough. (+50) safcpaul will become famous soon enough. (+50) safcpaul will become famous soon enough. (+50) safcpaul will become famous soon enough. (+50) safcpaul will become famous soon enough. (+50) safcpaul will become famous soon enough. (+50) safcpaul will become famous soon enough. (+50) safcpaul will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks for the reply paul I'll definitely add in them exercises and thats a great idea about propping the bench up with books i would never of thought of that i appreciate it

BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by safcpaul View Post
    Thanks for the reply paul I'll definitely add in them exercises and thats a great idea about propping the bench up with books i would never of thought of that i appreciate it
    Would advise against upright rows. Locking your shoulders like that is a bad idea, it is literally a shoulder impingement test performed by a PT. OHP, lateral raise and bent lateral raises are enough for shoulders and traps.

As far as deadlifts off the floor, if you aren’t training for a sport that requires them, stick with RDLs or SLDLs so you get that full eccentric portion and a longer ROM.

BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hi all ive tried to make the most of the small space and the equipment i have at home and wondered if this is alright? I have a bench that i can only have flat. A barbell and a couple dumbells. Workout a is ohp 3x8, lateral raises, rear delt flyes, hammer curls, dumbell curls, tricep extensions and close grip bench. Workout b is flat bench, diamond push ups, bent over rows wide grip and bent over rows close grip. I add squats at the end with as much resistance i can using a barbell with as much weight as i can get over my head while also wearing a weighted vest of 40lbs. Is this alright considering the limitations i have? Thanks in advance
    Workout A:
    OHP
    Lateral raise
    Rear delt fly
    Hammer curls
    Curls
    CGBP
    Tricep extension

Workout B
    Bench
    Diamond push up
    Wide grip rows
    Close grip rows (do these underhand with lighter weight IMO)

Is that right so far?

How long have you been lifting?

Originally Posted by BeginnerGainz View Post
    Would advise against upright rows. Locking your shoulders like that is a bad idea, it is literally a shoulder impingement test performed by a PT. OHP, lateral raise and bent lateral raises are enough for shoulders and traps.

As far as deadlifts off the floor, if you aren’t training for a sport that requires them, stick with RDLs or SLDLs so you get that full eccentric portion and a longer ROM.
    Yeah i agree ive heard about upright rows causing impingement but i quite like the sounds of maybe adding some shrugs. How would i go about doing rdls from home?

air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    How would i go about doing rdls from home?
    Same way you would go about doing them in the gym. You can use your barbell or dbs.

Workout A:
    OHP
    Lateral raise
    Rear delt fly
    Hammer curls
    Curls
    CGBP
    Tricep extension

Workout B
    Bench
    Diamond push up
    Wide grip rows

Is that right so far?

How long have you been lifting?
    Yeah thats right. I was already doing underhand for the close grip as i feel i can hit my lats nicely with it. I have been lifting for about 3 month been doing full body in the gym with a squat dominant routine. Im definitely still in the beginner category but i do have experience from years ago

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    Same way you would go about doing them in the gym. You can use your barbell or dbs.
    Ah sorry i got mixed up about what rdls are. They are basically a deadlift that doesnt touch the floor in order to work the hamstrings?

air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Ah sorry i got mixed up about what rdls are. They are basically a deadlift that doesnt touch the floor in order to work the hamstrings?
    "Basically", yes... but watch form videos on youtube to make sure you do it right.

Yeah thats right. I was already doing underhand for the close grip as i feel i can hit my lats nicely with it. I have been lifting for about 3 month been doing full body in the gym with a squat dominant routine. Im definitely still in the beginner category but i do have experience from years ago
    I would cut out all the arm work and focus on the compounds for now then, you actually have a good assortment of them and will give you plenty of arm work.

So it would look like this...
    Workout A:
    OHP
    Lateral raise
    Rear delt fly
    CGBP
    Squats

Workout B
    Bench
    Diamond push up
    Wide grip rows
    RDL/SLDL

As far as shrugs go, you don’t need them. Lower and mid traps are hit with rows, while lateral and rear delt flys hit the upper traps pretty well. Rows stimulate upper traps as well, so shrugs would be a waste of time at this point.
    Last edited by BeginnerGainz; 03-23-2020 at 11:28 AM.

newbutserious will become famous soon enough. (+50) newbutserious will become famous soon enough. (+50) newbutserious will become famous soon enough. (+50) newbutserious will become famous soon enough. (+50) newbutserious will become famous soon enough. (+50) newbutserious will become famous soon enough. (+50) newbutserious will become famous soon enough. (+50) newbutserious will become famous soon enough. (+50) newbutserious will become famous soon enough. (+50) newbutserious will become famous soon enough. (+50) newbutserious will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I came here with the same issue and similar limitations so thanks OP!

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    "Basically", yes... but watch form videos on youtube to make sure you do it right.
    I will thank you appreciate it

I would cut out all the arm work and focus on the compounds for now then, you actually have a good assortment of them and will give you plenty of arm work.

So it would look like this...
    Workout A:
    OHP
    Lateral raise
    Rear delt fly
    CGBP
    Squats

Workout B
    Bench
    Diamond push up
    Wide grip rows
    RDL/SLDL

As far as shrugs go, you don’t need them. Lower and mid traps are hit with rows, while lateral and rear delt flys hit the upper traps pretty well. Rows stimulate upper traps as well, so shrugs would be a waste of time at this point.
    Thanks for your help I'll do the routine exactly how youve set it out. I appreciate it, thank you

Originally Posted by newbutserious View Post
    I came here with the same issue and similar limitations so thanks OP!
    Good stuff lets hope this coronavirus doesnt go on too long