Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    baroni01 is a name known to all. (+5000) baroni01 is a name known to all. (+5000) baroni01 is a name known to all. (+5000) baroni01 is a name known to all. (+5000) baroni01 is a name known to all. (+5000) baroni01 is a name known to all. (+5000) baroni01 is a name known to all. (+5000) baroni01 is a name known to all. (+5000) baroni01 is a name known to all. (+5000) baroni01 is a name known to all. (+5000) baroni01 is a name known to all. (+5000)

Question Anyone buying Half-Life: Alyx

I'm a bit worried only recently bought VR and suck in general. So not sure how i'm gonna play through this like a normal game.

J411 is a name known to all. (+5000) J411 is a name known to all. (+5000) J411 is a name known to all. (+5000) J411 is a name known to all. (+5000) J411 is a name known to all. (+5000) J411 is a name known to all. (+5000) J411 is a name known to all. (+5000) J411 is a name known to all. (+5000) J411 is a name known to all. (+5000) J411 is a name known to all. (+5000) J411 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I plan to. Skyrim in VR is great so I have high expectations for a game designed from the bottom up to be VR by a AAA studio. Toss in Half life and no way I don't buy it.

My only concern is I have a first gen occulus rift and not the newer second gen Valve produced one. I originally planned to skip a generation because it didn't look like the second generation VR headsets were a big enough step over the original. Now I'm not certain and kinda wish I had got one before they were all sold out.

KingSWRV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingSWRV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingSWRV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingSWRV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingSWRV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingSWRV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingSWRV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingSWRV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingSWRV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingSWRV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingSWRV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by J411 View Post
    I plan to. Skyrim in VR is great so I have high expectations for a game designed from the bottom up to be VR by a AAA studio. Toss in Half life and no way I don't buy it.

My only concern is I have a first gen occulus rift and not the newer second gen Valve produced one. I originally planned to skip a generation because it didn't look like the second generation VR headsets were a big enough step over the original. Now I'm not certain and kinda wish I had got one before they were all sold out.
    Weird cope

Actually Rift S over Rift Classic is probably one of the biggest jumps I know of in VR, having had multiple headsets including a Samsung Odyssey.

I guess its because it had a competitive release people open and shut case the headset based on specs, but in the end its the best headset out with the best lenses and huge strides to make inside out perfectly usable. Specs or not it just looks amazing. In fact this is the first generation where screen door is gone and you can finally for the first time "enjoy" the visuals and forget about it. Finally looks "good enough" for the uncanny valley.

Index is triple the price and the picture looks generally the same ballpark because the lenses make the biggest difference and Rift S has some of the best ever (its not all about resolution)

Index also the controllers break every two months and has weird trigger travel so its a product still in alpha stage, Index headset iwith the option for high refresh paired with oculus touch controllers and inside would be the goat combo minus the need for satellites.

But since the controllers are most important and Rift S has the best setup its the best bang for the buck headset to buy, out of anything on the market including Cosmos or Pimax (dead company) or any WMR trash there is.

besides that you can warm up with BONEWORKS which will be very similar to the "load" of half life Alyx.
    A lot of girls say I'm built like a "Tank"
    BENCH: getting there
    DEADLIFT: getting there
    SQUAT: bout 350
    #TRUMP2020

baroni01 is a name known to all. (+5000) baroni01 is a name known to all. (+5000) baroni01 is a name known to all. (+5000) baroni01 is a name known to all. (+5000) baroni01 is a name known to all. (+5000) baroni01 is a name known to all. (+5000) baroni01 is a name known to all. (+5000) baroni01 is a name known to all. (+5000) baroni01 is a name known to all. (+5000) baroni01 is a name known to all. (+5000) baroni01 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by KingSWRV View Post
    Weird cope

Actually Rift S over Rift Classic is probably one of the biggest jumps I know of in VR, having had multiple headsets including a Samsung Odyssey.

I guess its because it had a competitive release people open and shut case the headset based on specs, but in the end its the best headset out with the best lenses and huge strides to make inside out perfectly usable. Specs or not it just looks amazing. In fact this is the first generation where screen door is gone and you can finally for the first time "enjoy" the visuals and forget about it. Finally looks "good enough" for the uncanny valley.

Index is triple the price and the picture looks generally the same ballpark because the lenses make the biggest difference and Rift S has some of the best ever (its not all about resolution)

Index also the controllers break every two months and has weird trigger travel so its a product still in alpha stage, Index headset iwith the option for high refresh paired with oculus touch controllers and inside would be the goat combo minus the need for satellites.

But since the controllers are most important and Rift S has the best setup its the best bang for the buck headset to buy, out of anything on the market including Cosmos or Pimax (dead company) or any WMR trash there is.

besides that you can warm up with BONEWORKS which will be very similar to the "load" of half life Alyx.
    I bought the Rift-S, should I buy 'boneworks' as tutorial cause all they have is some WALL-e type first contact.. I just bought half life for tomorrow, and someone got me Artika and Blade and sorcery.

KingSWRV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingSWRV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingSWRV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingSWRV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingSWRV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingSWRV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingSWRV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingSWRV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingSWRV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingSWRV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingSWRV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by baroni01 View Post
    I bought the Rift-S, should I buy 'boneworks' as tutorial cause all they have is some WALL-e type first contact.. I just bought half life for tomorrow, and someone got me Artika and Blade and sorcery.
    Blade and Sorcery is a great early game to play

and dont talk crap about the First Contact Robot he is cute and one of the best intros to VR or anything ever lol

Boneworks is cool but maybe test it from IGG first to see if you want to buy it.

Im jealous that you can play Subnautica with mods in VR for the first time. seriously 2nd best game ever of all time.

beat saber
    Onward for mil sim
    Brass Tactics arena demo Like AOE 2 in VR
    if youre athletic do the Creed demo
    poker stars is fun as hell and good mechanics
    Skyrim VR with mods
    Fallout 4 VR

Virtamate
    WSS
    CM3D2
    VR kanojo

all that is stuff I've done and was well worth it and theres many others but thats a great start
    #TRUMP2020

rectifryer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rectifryer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rectifryer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rectifryer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rectifryer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rectifryer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rectifryer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rectifryer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rectifryer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rectifryer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rectifryer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Why would I buy anything from a company that refuses to complete a storyline?
    *Not affiliated with naughty dog* crew

J411 is a name known to all. (+5000) J411 is a name known to all. (+5000) J411 is a name known to all. (+5000) J411 is a name known to all. (+5000) J411 is a name known to all. (+5000) J411 is a name known to all. (+5000) J411 is a name known to all. (+5000) J411 is a name known to all. (+5000) J411 is a name known to all. (+5000) J411 is a name known to all. (+5000) J411 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Weird cope

Not really weird cope. More read some reviews that said it wasn't much of an upgrade. Glad to hear it looks better. But like I said, too late now they are all sold out for months.

Not really weird cope. More read some reviews that said it wasn't much of an upgrade. Glad to hear it looks better. But like I said, too late now they are all sold out for months.
    I saw tons of weeks after release reviews apologetically praising the Rift S at being surprisingly and spectacularly good. Like I said the first batch of day 1 “reviews” were going off specs and pre Index hype propaganda.

All the reviews from people actually using it day to day realized how good it was
    #TRUMP2020

I saw tons of weeks after release reviews apologetically praising the Rift S at being surprisingly and spectacularly good. Like I said the first batch of day 1 “reviews” were going off specs and pre Index hype propaganda.

All the reviews from people actually using it day to day realized how good it was
    Yeah I think I read the early ones and just didn't pay any attention to them again it until recently. I really prefer the Rift system as the controllers are way better than the other ones. I guess I'll buy one as soon as they get back in stock. Damn...

hiyooo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hiyooo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hiyooo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hiyooo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hiyooo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hiyooo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hiyooo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hiyooo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hiyooo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hiyooo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hiyooo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    is it any gud guise? big fan of half life but i legit never tried VR, would i get motion sickness and dizzy?

was watching clips and streams of it today

dis is da future bois

https://clips.twitch.tv/SecretiveEnj...esidentSleeper

Yeah I think I read the early ones and just didn't pay any attention to them again it until recently. I really prefer the Rift system as the controllers are way better than the other ones. I guess I'll buy one as soon as they get back in stock. Damn...
    hell yeah bro highly recommend it you will love it

Originally Posted by hiyooo View Post
    is it any gud guise? big fan of half life but i legit never tried VR, would i get motion sickness and dizzy?

was watching clips and streams of it today

dis is da future bois

https://clips.twitch.tv/SecretiveEnj...esidentSleeper
    lmao damn, I gotta buy it asap
    #TRUMP2020

CrookedDink has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CrookedDink has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CrookedDink has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CrookedDink has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CrookedDink has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CrookedDink has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CrookedDink has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CrookedDink has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CrookedDink has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CrookedDink has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CrookedDink has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Put in a few hours today until the battery died on my Quest. Definitely the best developed VR game to date. The reviews say it all.

BlueDev1l has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueDev1l has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueDev1l has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueDev1l has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueDev1l has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueDev1l has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueDev1l has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueDev1l has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueDev1l has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueDev1l has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueDev1l has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I dunno, it will need more than a few good games before I consider upgrading and getting VR. Doesn't seem like a good investment right now

RezWez is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    brah this sht will blow ur mind, 2 hours in for me w a rift s n i'm blown away like a girl seeing her first 8 incher
    we're all gonna make it brah fuarkkk

Originally Posted by RezWez View Post
    brah this sht will blow ur mind, 2 hours in for me w a rift s n i'm blown away like a girl seeing her first 8 incher
    Installing it now!
    #TRUMP2020

NukYavlen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) NukYavlen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) NukYavlen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) NukYavlen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) NukYavlen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) NukYavlen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) NukYavlen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) NukYavlen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) NukYavlen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) NukYavlen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) NukYavlen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    How do you play this on the oculus? Need a good pc im guessing?

MiamiLife305 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MiamiLife305 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MiamiLife305 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MiamiLife305 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MiamiLife305 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MiamiLife305 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MiamiLife305 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MiamiLife305 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MiamiLife305 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MiamiLife305 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MiamiLife305 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    tfw no VR set
    Future P.A in progress
    We're all gonna make it

sleep tight pupper

Mmjk1500 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mmjk1500 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mmjk1500 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mmjk1500 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mmjk1500 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mmjk1500 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mmjk1500 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mmjk1500 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mmjk1500 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mmjk1500 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mmjk1500 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Installing it now!
    Oh fukk. Let me know how it is
    We are all self made but only the successful will admit it. -Earl Nightingale

LogOutBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LogOutBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LogOutBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LogOutBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LogOutBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LogOutBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LogOutBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LogOutBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LogOutBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LogOutBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LogOutBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    waiting for a mod to come out so I can play it with a mouse and keyboard crew
    Rep Female Miscers On Sight Crew
    Rep Silencespeaks On Sight Crew
    Rep Whey2exotic On Sight Crew
    Rep ChelshireCat On Sight Crew
    Rep TrinnieBuu On Sight Crew
    Rep Redraider On Sight Crew
    Rep Rabbitjb On Sight Crew
    Rep dj924s On Sight Crew
    Rep Cass On Sight Crew
    Rep Legz On Sight Crew

ryankoch is a name known to all. (+5000) ryankoch is a name known to all. (+5000) ryankoch is a name known to all. (+5000) ryankoch is a name known to all. (+5000) ryankoch is a name known to all. (+5000) ryankoch is a name known to all. (+5000) ryankoch is a name known to all. (+5000) ryankoch is a name known to all. (+5000) ryankoch is a name known to all. (+5000) ryankoch is a name known to all. (+5000) ryankoch is a name known to all. (+5000)
    can i play with google cardboard?

rocketfish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rocketfish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rocketfish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rocketfish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rocketfish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rocketfish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rocketfish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rocketfish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rocketfish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rocketfish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rocketfish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    what VR headset is good to use with prescription glasses.. I have terrible vision and glasses are a must. I can't see 1 inch away from my face. also if its more "affordable range" i'm not tryna spend $600-800
    *** Latinos For Trump Crew ***

*** Bidet Clean Ass Crew ***

*** HTC ***

I played it like an hour and welp, they did it.

It its extremely immersive to the point its almost photo realistic. The character talking was the most realistic I've ever experienced. Almost believe the person was real and looked them in the eye like a person for a moment.

The highest fidelity scenes I've ever seen. Somehow its better graphics than anything else even though its the same headset. its like they took it to another level.

Its crazy good. Didnt think it would look that good. Seeing the huge tripods looking up at their sheer epic scope peeled my cap back not gonna lie.

Cant wait to keep exploring it. Everything is so drenched in mood and unique mastery of game design.

Originally Posted by rocketfish View Post
    what VR headset is good to use with prescription glasses.. I have terrible vision and glasses are a must. I can't see 1 inch away from my face. also if its more "affordable range" i'm not tryna spend $600-800
    Rift S also has an adjustable button to pull it away from the face so theres plenty of room for glasses its one of the most adaptive to glasses. Index has plenty of room as well.

They also have vr covers meant for eyeglasses. You probably need that because it keeps the glasses from touching the lenses accidentally which would instantly scratch it upon contact. But they do fit in it.
    #TRUMP2020

M3lony has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) M3lony has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) M3lony has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) M3lony has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) M3lony has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) M3lony has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) M3lony has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) M3lony has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) M3lony has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) M3lony has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) M3lony has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Im definitely gonna jump on VR just not this year. There are new systems coming out every year. If alyx is really gonna be the big push for VR then the hardware is going to improve faster from now or hopefully get cheaper. I would have to upgrade my PC anyways, you only win if you are patient imo.

KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    So since I'm stuck at home I decided why not, let's get one. NOPE, Rift S is sold out everywhere I've looked
    Me caveman, put round things on bar, lift, pound chest.

2jz, S55

JWhiteJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWhiteJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWhiteJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWhiteJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWhiteJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWhiteJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWhiteJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWhiteJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWhiteJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWhiteJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWhiteJ will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Anyone who played this what videocard you have? Something tells me my old GTX 970 won't be enough.

CrookedDink has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CrookedDink has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CrookedDink has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CrookedDink has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CrookedDink has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CrookedDink has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CrookedDink has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CrookedDink has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CrookedDink has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CrookedDink has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CrookedDink has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by JWhiteJ View Post
    Anyone who played this what videocard you have? Something tells me my old GTX 970 won't be enough.
    Runs good on a 1080Ti. GTX 1060 is the minimum requirement. VR and minimum spec dont go together well. If you want to get in cheap, look into the Samsung Odyssey+ headset ($230) and a used GTX 1070 ($180).

I'm 6 hours in. One of the best single player games ive ever played.

M3lony has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) M3lony has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) M3lony has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) M3lony has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) M3lony has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) M3lony has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) M3lony has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) M3lony has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) M3lony has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) M3lony has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) M3lony has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by CrookedDink View Post
    Runs good on a 1080Ti. GTX 1060 is the minimum requirement. VR and minimum spec dont go together well. If you want to get in cheap, look into the Samsung Odyssey+ headset ($230) and a used GTX 1070 ($180).

I'm 6 hours in. One of the best single player games ive ever played.
    what settings are u playing at?
    I swear most people playing at low-mid, seems like barely anyone can max it out.

pill414 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pill414 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pill414 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pill414 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pill414 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pill414 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pill414 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pill414 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pill414 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pill414 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pill414 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I hope they can mod VR out of it, would be nice to try it.

Originally Posted by M3lony View Post
    what settings are u playing at?
    I swear most people playing at low-mid, seems like barely anyone can max it out.
    I've got it on high quality with supersampling turned up a bit in Steam. Tried Ultra but the framerate dropped sometimes.

Judgment has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Judgment has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Judgment has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Judgment has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Judgment has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Judgment has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Judgment has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Judgment has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Judgment has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Judgment has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Judgment has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Anyone got the VIVE Pro headset with 2880 x 1600 res?