lizayrad is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Smile Questions about supplements

Hey everyone,

I have been working out for quite some years now in the gym and my weight has always sort of dropped and gained and dropped, etc. I now have my life more in order, and really am spending more time towards reaching my fitness goals.

I have read many things about fitness and many different strategies. I am mostly interested in cutting, as my muscle weight is already around 45% of my body weight. I have taken up running and more cardio in combination with my lifting training (RIP the gym though due to corona :'( ). I am now looking for a good diet in terms of macros, and I have read many things online but every site tells me different calculations and numbers. I had been tracking my food in MyFitnessPal for a while, but I was only focused on the calorie intake then. If I want to cut, what are the main things I should focus on (workout and diet wise)? I know this is quite a broad question, but I am sort of trying to get the most good information I can get. I love fitness and can't wait to increase my knowledge on it!

The reason I post this in the supplements page is because I am also really curious about experiences of pre-workout on your workout sessions. I see a lot of people use it, but I have been curious about the direct effects in-workout as a supplement to your diet. I have used protein powders before, to reach my protein 'goal' (even though I wasn't even informed on macros back then so it was all without actually knowing what it did). I hope you guys can help me gain some information or provide me with some links to good articles or websites.

By the way, I'm a 19 year old female, 165 cm and 71 kg. I just finished the FODMaP diet and I am lactose and wheat intolerant.

Location: Manchester, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    faipdeooiad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faipdeooiad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faipdeooiad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faipdeooiad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faipdeooiad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faipdeooiad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faipdeooiad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faipdeooiad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faipdeooiad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faipdeooiad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faipdeooiad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yea, pre-workouts are decent. They’re for a range of different benefits (some fore energy, some for pumps, some for dialled-in focus etc) so it really depends on what you want from a pre-workout.
    Strong & Unstable

Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by lizayrad View Post
    If I want to cut, what are the main things I should focus on (workout and diet wise)?
    Restrict calories until you are losing about a lb of bodyweight per week on average.

I know this is quite a broad question, but I am sort of trying to get the most good information I can get. I love fitness and can't wait to increase my knowledge on it!

Originally Posted by lizayrad View Post
    I am also really curious about experiences of pre-workout on your workout sessions. I see a lot of people use it, but I have been curious about the direct effects in-workout as a supplement to your diet. I have used protein powders before, to reach my protein 'goal' (even though I wasn't even informed on macros back then so it was all without actually knowing what it did). I hope you guys can help me gain some information or provide me with some links to good articles or websites.
    Pre workouts aren't really a supplement to your diet, exactly.

Do you drink coffee? Any energy drinks? Mostly people take pre workouts for stimulants/caffeine. Try some caffeine tabs first, cheap.
    We will never know if we overreacted and did too much. We most certainly will know if we did too little.

lizayrad is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Farley1324 View Post
    Restrict calories until you are losing about a lb of bodyweight per week on average.

I know this is quite a broad question, but I am sort of trying to get the most good information I can get. I love fitness and can't wait to increase my knowledge on it!

Pre workouts aren't really a supplement to your diet, exactly.

Do you drink coffee? Any energy drinks? Mostly people take pre workouts for stimulants/caffeine. Try some caffeine tabs first, cheap.
    Thanks! No, I don't drink any coffee. But I'll look for the caffeine tabs, thank you!