Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Strawng View Post
    How are you the only one that's noticed this?! If you ever lift for 3 hours straight, then you're doing something very wrong OP. I do some very hardcore workouts, and I'm never in the gym longer than 1.5-2 hours. If I was, I either wouldn't be doing enough or way too much.
    Well there is one study now showing 8 minutes rest between sets beats 5. So maybe he's following the latest science

sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I just did my first post-shutdown workout with a dumbbell and some small plates I had lying around from high school (plated dumbbell?). Managed a chest/tri workout with one-handed bench, Arnold press, kickbacks, and dips between two dining chairs lol. It was rough around the edges, and not as intense as my typical gym workout, but I think it'll do the trick for a couple weeks.

Tomorrow I'm planning to do something similar with back except maybe go down to the park and do some pull-ups.

It's not ideal but you can make it work with a little creativity.

snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by 1MANU View Post
    Looks for deals in your area. Here in SF we have Play It Again Sports that sell used equipment. It was something like this:

Squat Rack ($150) - was one year used
    Bench and barbell ($150) - practically brand new
    Pull/Up Dip Bar - $50
    Weights - $100

This is all you need. Over time I added more weights and I bought a leg press.
    bout the same as me, add a few more things plus hour away delivery and set up ~700 play it again sports staying open now for delivery still
    Insta is username snails.r.us

Xpiro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xpiro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xpiro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xpiro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xpiro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xpiro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xpiro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xpiro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xpiro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xpiro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xpiro is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Strawng View Post
    How are you the only one that's noticed this?! If you ever lift for 3 hours straight, then you're doing something very wrong OP. I do some very hardcore workouts, and I'm never in the gym longer than 1.5-2 hours. If I was, I either wouldn't be doing enough or way too much.
    Ramping volume, rest times no less than 3 minutes up to 6 for squats and deads. Lots of bathroom breaks from endless water guzzling? The time will come down after I deload and reset volume though. This sh!t caught me dead in the middle of a great streak of progress, so I’m sure I’m doing something right.

Anyway, I’ve acquired a pull-up bar with dip handles attached, 2 sets of 20lb DBs and 3 10lb DBs. I can fit up to 50 lbs of them in a tool box with a handle so I can Row, curl, and shrug. Tricep overhead extensions with a 20lb in each hand etc. etc. They roll around in my backpack, so I’ll try to cushion them so I can load it up for push-ups and squats... still don’t know how to do RDLs with what I have on hand. I want to use all 110lbs if possible, but what would I have to do, hold a backpack in front of me and hinge?

I guess I can use two 20lb DBs for leg extensions. Prone curl lying on... a table?

Any more ideas on how to best utilize /more/ weight with what I’ve got, especially for legs? Exercises that will challenge me with lower weights?
    Last edited by Xpiro; 03-21-2020 at 03:22 AM.

Xpiro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xpiro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xpiro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xpiro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xpiro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xpiro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xpiro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xpiro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xpiro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xpiro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xpiro is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Lol I forgot what this thread was originally about. Eating, mostly. I only eat at maintenance (or an average of), but shouldn’t I expect that number to decrease by at least a few hundred calories?

1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by snailsrus View Post
    bout the same as me, add a few more things plus hour away delivery and set up ~700 play it again sports staying open now for delivery still
    Nice!

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by desslok View Post
    You must be neglecting your social media muscle. I sometimes see kids in the gym sitting on a machine doing social media exercises for 20-30 minutes before someone interrupts them.
    I reserve the right to trawl whatsapp between sets.

Anyway I got 5 work sets of comp squat, incline bench, sumo deadlift, then 6 sets of seated rows done in 70m yesterday including hefty mobile phone use
    2018 Log
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175232661

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I've also been looking at equipment for home, but so far it looks like it's going to cost $700 for a bench, rack, barbell and moderate amount of weight (I'm in the UK so prices might differ in the US).

There's no decent second hand stuff nearby.

I've been racking my brains as to what else I could do. I'm gonna go to a park when it's quiet and do pull-ups on a climbing frame. I can use a rucksack filled with water bottles to make it more difficult.

I'm thinking of buckets or cotton tote bags filled with sand for doing curls and possibly shoulder presses.

I'm struggling with ideas for chest though as I injured my shoulder before doing dips and can't think what else to do without a bench. Weighted push ups perhaps.

Squats are gonna be a challenge too.

I also think without a rack, being able to clean the weight will be nesseccary so things like overhead presses and squats would have to be done with a lighter weight, and more reps.

AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by MrCarrot View Post
    I've also been looking at equipment for home, but so far it looks like it's going to cost $700 for a bench, rack, barbell and moderate amount of weight (I'm in the UK so prices might differ in the US).

There's no decent second hand stuff nearby.

I've been racking my brains as to what else I could do. I'm gonna go to a park when it's quiet and do pull-ups on a climbing frame. I can use a rucksack filled with water bottles to make it more difficult.

I'm thinking of buckets or cotton tote bags filled with sand for doing curls and possibly shoulder presses.

I'm struggling with ideas for chest though as I injured my shoulder before doing dips and can't think what else to do without a bench. Weighted push ups perhaps.

Squats are gonna be a challenge too.

I also think without a rack, being able to clean the weight will be nesseccary so things like overhead presses and squats would have to be done with a lighter weight, and more reps.

I just ordered a full starting setup...

I'd been meaning to do it for a while anyway... and this was a great forcing function to just go in and do it.

So many companies/stores right now are sold out of their gear tho... rogue is sold out of TONS of things... so I have to wait for some specialty items/addictions.

Looking forward to building this up tho
    The power of carbs compels me!

When your thread about nutrition in the nutrition section turns into a thread that should be in the workout equipment subforum, but you’re so goddamn poor that you have to scroll past them all yet there’s no more relevant content anyway

Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    today I bought a 65 lb bag of soil at Walmart for under $8. Then I put duct tape around all of the edges. This will be great for GPP and I can do a whole bunch of other strength exercises with it. I highly encourage everyone else to do the same if they are in a situation where they don't have much equipment at home. I assure you that you will not regret this.

MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Heisman2 View Post
    today I bought a 65 lb bag of soil at Walmart for under $8. Then I put duct tape around all of the edges. This will be great for GPP and I can do a whole bunch of other strength exercises with it. I highly encourage everyone else to do the same if they are in a situation where they don't have much equipment at home. I assure you that you will not regret this.
    The problem I'm having is finding anything heavy enough, that is also managable in terms of holding, lifting or resting it on shoulders. I considered two buckets of sand on a pole, but worked this out to be around 40 kilos. No use for squats, and limited use for shoulder presses. Factor in the unstable and rickety nature of it, and I just don't think it will work.

I have a concrete post in the garden, but again it weighs around 40 kilos and isn't particularly easy to hold. I also worry that the risk of injury with large, unbalanced and unmanagable household items is quite high, not due to the weight but because of the akward dynamics.

In the gym I'm not particularly strong, but it makes me realise that in real life I'm probably a lot stronger than average.

Literally the only excerise I can think of which is challenging without any equipment, is pull ups.

Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The problem I'm having is finding anything heavy enough, that is also managable in terms of holding, lifting or resting it on shoulders. I considered two buckets of sand on a pole, but worked this out to be around 40 kilos. No use for squats, and limited use for shoulder presses. Factor in the unstable and rickety nature of it, and I just don't think it will work.

I have a concrete post in the garden, but again it weighs around 40 kilos and isn't particularly easy to hold. I also worry that the risk of injury with large, unbalanced and unmanagable household items is quite high, not due to the weight but because of the akward dynamics.

In the gym I'm not particularly strong, but it makes me realise that in real life I'm probably a lot stronger than average.

Literally the only excerise I can think of which is challenging without any equipment, is pull ups.
    If I do explosive type movements while holding a 65 pound bag that will easily be sufficient to maintain strength/size. I don't believe I am going to develop new strength with this but by walking up and down stairs, doing squat jumps, sitting on a low step and standing up with one leg, throwing the bag as high in the air as I can, etc, 65 pounds is enough that I have essentially no concern about losing strength. If the goal is to build new size/strength I agree it's not going to be enough long term, but to mitigate losses I expect this to get the job done.

Also, you can do one armed pushups for more of a challenge from a pressing standpoint. If you're not strong enough to do a full one armed pushup then put your "resting" arm as far behind you as you can to provide a bit of assistance while mostly using your working arm.

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Negged for not understanding what atrophy means.
    Currently: traveling

Last country visited: Costa Rica - 2020
    Next country booked: Netherlands + Croatia - 2020

Originally Posted by rhadam View Post
    Negged for not understanding what atrophy means.
    Wow, you’re a dick.

I know what muscle tissue shrinking is called, thank you.

Anyone else feeling really hungry since not going to the gym? Didn't realise how much it curbed by appetite.

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Xpiro View Post
    Wow, you’re a dick.

I know what muscle tissue shrinking is called, thank you.
    You aren't experiencing muscle wasting conditions.
    Currently: traveling

Last country visited: Costa Rica - 2020
    Next country booked: Netherlands + Croatia - 2020

Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    This whole pandemic has actually gotten me right on the edge of caving and building a home gym. I've wanted to for a while, just never finally bit the bullet and did it...

However, I ordered a pull up/dip/leg raise station on Amazon and some adjustable dumbells for the time being. Can do weighted dips/chins, light squats and lunges, etc...

Still trying to decide if I wanna invest in a full setup yet... in my area they claim gyms are (for now) only having to close until end of month, but I have a feeling it'll be extended.
    Have you looked into PRX Performance?

If I remember correctly, you can order a full package or separate items and they allow you to set up a monthly payment plan. Not sure how expensive everything is relative to other brands, but the payment plan may make things more manageable if you want one for the long-run.

I have a few plates but no dumbbells and not really in a position to spend money on those kinds of things right now. I took a lot of old stuff from my filthy garage and made a makeshift barbell for the plates and an even moreso makeshift raggedy dumbbell with the small plates and clamps I have on hand. They actually work like a charm. People really would be surprised if they realized what they could use on hand to get their workouts in lol
    Life is constant learning. Give advice about things you know. Ask questions about things you don't.

*Health and Wellness Coach and Coordinator for all United Bank Branches of Alabama

Strawng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Strawng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Strawng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Strawng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Strawng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Strawng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Strawng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Strawng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Strawng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Strawng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Strawng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've always done a huge portion of my routine (over half) with weighted BW exercises and got great results. Do 80+ pull-ups in a workout, rep out your dips with heavy weight attached, few sets windshield wipers on the pull-up bar, pistol squats, box jumps and a couple sets of handstand push-ups per week and tell me you're not making gains. I've traveled without a gym for long stretches of time and gained muscle. If anything, it's just hard eating enough rn when everyone keeps buying all the damn peanut butter!

AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Nicksosure1 View Post
    Have you looked into PRX Performance?

If I remember correctly, you can order a full package or separate items and they allow you to set up a monthly payment plan. Not sure how expensive everything is relative to other brands, but the payment plan may make things more manageable if you want one for the long-run.

I have a few plates but no dumbbells and not really in a position to spend money on those kinds of things right now. I took a lot of old stuff from my filthy garage and made a makeshift barbell for the plates and an even moreso makeshift raggedy dumbbell with the small plates and clamps I have on hand. They actually work like a charm. People really would be surprised if they realized what they could use on hand to get their workouts in lol
    Too late, I already ordered almost everything I need except plates (because all the good brands are now sold out from everyone wanting to build home setups).

Dropped a lot of money, but man am I excited

Originally Posted by rhadam View Post
    You aren't experiencing muscle wasting conditions.
    If I don’t have access to a gym or home equipment beyond a pull-up bar and a set of 20 lb dumbbells for months on end, I sure as hell will.

Thankfully I found a gym that will remain open until martial law is set in place, so I’m trying to get a plan in place in case that becomes a reality.

Originally Posted by Xpiro View Post
    If I don’t have access to a gym or home equipment beyond a pull-up bar and a set of 20 lb dumbbells for months on end, I sure as hell will.

Thankfully I found a gym that will remain open until martial law is set in place, so I’m trying to get a plan in place in case that becomes a reality.
    That’s not the same as muscle wasting

Too late, I already ordered almost everything I need except plates (because all the good brands are now sold out from everyone wanting to build home setups).

Envious. I haven't found single place yet which has anything in stock (other than really expensive equipment).

Envious. I haven't found single place yet which has anything in stock (other than really expensive equipment).
    Most of my stuff is on backorder...

My rogue rack and pair of 45's (I got the last two they had in stock... have to wait to order more) won't ship for another 10-14days.

My bar will be here Friday, my bench is on backorder... so it won't be one big influx of stuff.. but I wanted to get the ball rolling to avoid waiting REALLY long.

Basically im looking at 2-3 weeks before I can do extremely light squats and bench

Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000)

Thats awesome. Over the past few days I've built a raggedy makeshift "garage gym". Actually getting some great workouts in with it lol

It's actually a lot less stress in the morning with not having to worry about getting all of my ducks in a row and make it to the gym to lift before having to drive an hour to work. A lot less rush, more focus during my lift due to that as well. It makes me want to have a garage gym BAD, just from that standpoint.
    Life is constant learning. Give advice about things you know. Ask questions about things you don't.

*Health and Wellness Coach and Coordinator for all United Bank Branches of Alabama

Originally Posted by Nicksosure1 View Post
    Thats awesome. Over the past few days I've built a raggedy makeshift "garage gym". Actually getting some great workouts in with it lol

It's actually a lot less stress in the morning with not having to worry about getting all of my ducks in a row and make it to the gym to lift before having to drive an hour to work. A lot less rush, more focus during my lift due to that as well. It makes me want to have a garage gym BAD, just from that standpoint.
    Exactly... no waiting for squat racks or anything either, much cleaner... I could just wander down there anytime and lift

Exactly... no waiting for squat racks or anything either, much cleaner... I could just wander down there anytime and lift
    Well, that's one thing that hasn't been a newfound positive. Pretty sure my garage is more germ-infested than many public gyms.. It sure is messier and dirtier, although that's not really an overall indication of germs present lol