dogorman7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dogorman7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dogorman7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dogorman7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dogorman7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dogorman7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dogorman7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dogorman7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dogorman7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dogorman7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dogorman7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Truck brahs gtfih: tire wear and rub

My truck is a SFA and I’ve got two issues.

I can tell the suspension is going out a little , especially the bushings but the main problems are I have tire rub in the front and I have inner toe wear.

Now before I put the new tires on the front I got an alignment done which was a year ago and while I abuse the truck just a little and take advantage of the fact it’s a big truck I don’t think the alignments out yet.

It doesn’t pull to the side on the highway when I let go of the wheel or when braking.

I say that because the first thing that people assume is camber aka alignment issues with inner tire wear.

So I assume it’s a suspension part that’s worn the **** out ?

Another thing is when I brake and cut the wheel hard I get tire rub.

At first I thought it was a steering component problem but living in California and there being hills everywhere I noticed it only happens when I brake and my trucks nose dips a little after turning tight.

A leveling kit would fix that problem , no ? My tires are only 33 inch with stock lift.

I don’t know how different Ford and Chevy 4wd are but yes it’s a dodge obviously.

I’m thinking about just getting a mogg rebuild kit and doing the whole front end with a leveling kit because front end parts wear out anyway.

Wut do ? Rebuild the whole front end and call it a day ? What’s causing the inner tire wear ?
    High test crew

Suicide Girls Crew

Lucious Latina Crew

Reppin smackcity of piss son

akmerle is just really nice. (+1000) akmerle is just really nice. (+1000) akmerle is just really nice. (+1000) akmerle is just really nice. (+1000) akmerle is just really nice. (+1000) akmerle is just really nice. (+1000) akmerle is just really nice. (+1000) akmerle is just really nice. (+1000) akmerle is just really nice. (+1000) akmerle is just really nice. (+1000) akmerle is just really nice. (+1000)
    The rubbing is an obvious clearance issue somewhere when the front end dives during braking. Leveling kit should fix that. My Tundra would rub while doing full lock turn in reverse until I removed the small mud flaps in front of the tires.

If you are going to get a rebuild the front end, you really should get an alignment done after anyhow. How often are you rotating your tires?

freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    My xterra rubbed with 33s but I was able to take a heat gun and reform the plastic in the wheel well by jamming a baseball between the rub and the tire. Guess that, would depend on your truck.

If it's a truck you plan on keeping I'd just to a whole new suspension/lift. You'll get a much better ride quality then just getting a cheap leveling kit. I've had both on my xterra and the difference was night and day in daily driving and esp offroad.
    Yes... come and let us make an end of it. It matters not, even cornered, to my last breath... I remain who and what I am. I will not hide, nor tremble, nor beg. Let them come and reckon with fury that is DOOM defiant.

dogorman7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dogorman7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dogorman7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dogorman7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dogorman7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dogorman7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dogorman7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dogorman7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dogorman7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dogorman7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dogorman7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by akmerle View Post
    The rubbing is an obvious clearance issue somewhere when the front end dives during braking. Leveling kit should fix that. My Tundra would rub while doing full lock turn in reverse until I removed the small mud flaps in front of the tires.

If you are going to get a rebuild the front end, you really should get an alignment done after anyhow. How often are you rotating your tires?

Not since I got them installed which was about 8-10k miles ago lol
    High test crew

Suicide Girls Crew

Lucious Latina Crew

blazenbb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blazenbb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blazenbb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blazenbb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blazenbb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blazenbb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blazenbb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blazenbb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blazenbb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blazenbb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blazenbb has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I would have scrapped that hoopty a while ago, new tires are probably worth more than that pos rust bucket. Let alone the suspension and other money you’ve sunk and are about to spend on it

Originally Posted by blazenbb View Post
    I would have scrapped that hoopty a while ago, new tires are probably worth more than that pos rust bucket. Let alone the suspension and other money you’ve sunk and are about to spend on it
    Whatever you say

It’s been a dead reliable truck to me but I did put a rebuilt tranny in it when I bought it

It’s a rust free truck btw , it’s was a California truck then spent the last few years in Florida before I bought it

Dodge always made the best , most high test pickups IMO

I’ve driven it almost two years without needing to do anything except replace the brake pads

I upgraded the rotors too with power stop kits since the oem brakes are spongy
    High test crew

Suicide Girls Crew

Lucious Latina Crew

JT11RTR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JT11RTR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JT11RTR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JT11RTR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JT11RTR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JT11RTR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JT11RTR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JT11RTR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JT11RTR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JT11RTR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JT11RTR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    If suspension parts are worn out, the alignment will never be right. I also guarantee that one year after an alignment the toe will be off which is the main cause of tire wear.
    "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."

Manlet with Credentials Jasonw1178's Avatar
    Jasonw1178 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonw1178 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonw1178 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonw1178 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonw1178 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonw1178 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonw1178 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonw1178 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonw1178 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonw1178 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonw1178 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Remember that alignment is done when the car is sitting still on a flat surface. I don't think that setting is your issue. You need to find where it's rubbing, should be marks. Trucks are built for capability, not low maintenance or MPG. Suspension parts wear, and nothing you can do about it especially when you have big tires and when you use it for truck stuff. It's not a civic or corolla, that would be gay.

What year/model is it, weight class, and miles? If it's older or higher miles, rebuilding the suspension is well worth it.