FMGoodfellow is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Here's my diet -- any improvement suggestions?

Hi there,

I've been eating cleaner for 85 days now. I've lost 7 lbs, although that's not my primary goal. My goal is to lose body fat and put on a bit of lean muscle. Not interested in bulking up. I'm 5'9 and 145 lbs.

I was mentally tracking calories, but I finally took the painstaking step of documenting my diet and breaking out macros. Attached are details, but one day's data shows the following breakdown:

Calories: 1770
    Fat: 54 grams (16.80% of total macro)
    Protein: 133 grams (41.50% of total macro)
    Carbs: 134 grams (41.80% of total macro)

In any case, I'm not seeing the results I want. I still have belly fat. I generally exercise four days a week for 45-60 minutes; mostly weightlifting w/ a little cardio and stretching.

Based on the details attached, any suggestions on adding certain foods or cutting something out? Does this macro breakdown look okay considering my lean muscle goals? Are the overall calories too high or too low?

Thanks for any advice.
    Attached Images

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    You may find that you have to let your weight rise if you want to put on muscle.

This doesn't mean you have to get big and bulky. But you can't stay at 145 - when your target physique probably involves being both heavier and leaner than that.

We see this a lot, people don't want to gain weight temporarily and never seem to make any real progress in terms of strength and muscle size unfortunately.

I would recommend following a good routine that has planned progressive overload and using tactical increases in total calorie intake to overcome times where progress starts to slow down. This may mean going over maintenance for extended periods and gaining some fat in the process. This can easily be cut later - and as they say: you can't make an omelette without breaking eggs.

1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Post a pic.

"Lose body fat and put on lean muscle" are competing activities. So unless you are obese or new to training a recomp type of transformation would be difficult.

kingofturtles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingofturtles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingofturtles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingofturtles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingofturtles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingofturtles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingofturtles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingofturtles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingofturtles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingofturtles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingofturtles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Unless ur making noob gains you won't lose get and build muscle. In any case, u need more protein. You want roughly 2.2g per kg of mean body mass. You prob don't know your mean body mass but it usually works out to (in fit ppl) 1g per lbs of bodyweight.

I'd stay away from percentages. They mite work at the very beginning but if you cut more cals your going to want to cut then from fat and carbs, leaving protein where it is (because ideally you haven't lost a lot of lbm).

I don't know what ur tdee is or anything. Just a tip on protein.
    www.miscers.com

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177185321 ~ WoW Classic <MISCERS> guild horde thread GTFIH

320 bench press
    1000lbs club at 190ish lbs

Chargers, Angels, Lakers, Canucks.