sashankp is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Tore something; How much strength will I lose during recovery?

Hello, this is my first post.
    So this is how my story begins..I've been lifting (specifically Bench Pressing) for almost 3 years now and this is the first time something has happened. Early February, I started to get a pain in my right arm(I felt tricep) while bench pressing. I ignored it and thought I should push through the pain. It made it far worse and I had immense pain in my right shoulder/arm area somewhere inside not on the surface. I couldn't even lift my arm to take a sip of water! I took about 2 weeks off, and it felt all better and the first time back on the bench I think I could feel I destroyed the whole thing, now it hurt just as bad, if not worse than before.

I went to the doctor, and even they were uncertain..one doctor thought it was a rotator cuff, another said i could have microtore my pectoris minor. They both hurt so maybe both? He said don't bench for atleast a month, and its's been about that long - March 23 is one month. But I won't be able to bench press because my gym is closed until April 1st.

So my question is Will I be able to go back to the bench press without this repeating, and if so, how much strength will I have lost in these 2 months?

I used to be able to do 14 reps of 135, will I lose alot of it? It's incredibly frustrating because I build 3 years of progress up to this point.

Thanks a lot for your help!