Mrc25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrc25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrc25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrc25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrc25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrc25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrc25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrc25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrc25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrc25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrc25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Gym closed just as i started my cut. Need advice.

As title states, my gym closed just as i started my cut. Down 5 lbs so far and dont want to stop. Should I just eat at maintenance for the time being? I do have a pull up/dip station, 40 lb weight vest and one adjustable dumbbell up to 50 lbs at home. Theoretically i could get a full body workout at home but i am past my body weight in most lifts that im not sure it'll be enough to maintain as much muscle as i could with proper equipment. What to do!?

Mrc25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrc25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrc25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrc25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrc25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrc25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrc25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrc25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrc25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrc25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrc25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Would it be beneficial to just do body weight exercises every day? Maybe hit back mon, wed, fri and chest tues, thurs and sat?

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Calisthenics. P90X. Lots of options to get good workouts in at home, especially if your goal is to lose weight. Alter your diet as needed to fit your adjusted workout procedure.
    Currently: traveling

Last country visited: Costa Rica - 2020
    Next country booked: Netherlands + Croatia - 2020

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Yes it would. You stand a reasonable chance of at least maintaining muscle mass during a cut - which is generally much easier than building new muscle.

JohnCyr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCyr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCyr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCyr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCyr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCyr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCyr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCyr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCyr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCyr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCyr is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Mrc25 View Post
    As title states, my gym closed just as i started my cut. Down 5 lbs so far and dont want to stop. Should I just eat at maintenance for the time being? I do have a pull up/dip station, 40 lb weight vest and one adjustable dumbbell up to 50 lbs at home. Theoretically i could get a full body workout at home but i am past my body weight in most lifts that im not sure it'll be enough to maintain as much muscle as i could with proper equipment. What to do!?
    Muscle will be maintained with proper nutrition. Cutting will continue with proper nutrition. If dudes can get jacked in a jail cell, so can you!

You've got enough to keep going at home and youre on the right track. lots of workout ideas on youtube and i'm sure there are threads in different areas of the forum! a lot of us are in the same boat.

I'm using my plate carrier for added weight, bucket with cement, my kids playground for chin-ups, elastic bands...
    Transformation Thread: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177716261&p=1591136601#post1591136601

2019-07-16 - 288 pounds
    2020-02-16 - 184 pounds

sunsean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sunsean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sunsean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sunsean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sunsean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sunsean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sunsean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sunsean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sunsean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sunsean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sunsean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You can get quite a lot of work out of pull ups and dips alone. Progressive overload by adding reps and/or adding to your bodyweight (if/when you can) as mentioned above. That and a couple dumbbells are my plan while the gyms are closed. I'm cutting too.

faithbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) faithbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) faithbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) faithbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) faithbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) faithbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) faithbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) faithbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) faithbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) faithbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) faithbrah is a name known to all. (+5000)
    might as well cut anyway, maintenance is technically wasting time
    positive crew

Thanks for the responses. I was under the impression that during a cut you needed to stick with the program you built muscle with and lift as heavy as possible to maintain as much muscle as possible. I'll just attempt to push myself as hard as possible with what i have. Hopefully these closures dont last too long.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Mrc25 View Post
    Thanks for the responses. I was under the impression that during a cut you needed to stick with the program you built muscle with and lift as heavy as possible to maintain as much muscle as possible. I'll just attempt to push myself as hard as possible with what i have. Hopefully these closures dont last too long.
    I would do that if I had the option - but in a pinch, you can just aim to maintain. If you are concerned, don't run a large calorie deficit, no more than 3-500 calories per day.

GingeyBreadDev will become famous soon enough. (+50) GingeyBreadDev will become famous soon enough. (+50) GingeyBreadDev will become famous soon enough. (+50) GingeyBreadDev will become famous soon enough. (+50) GingeyBreadDev will become famous soon enough. (+50) GingeyBreadDev will become famous soon enough. (+50) GingeyBreadDev will become famous soon enough. (+50) GingeyBreadDev will become famous soon enough. (+50) GingeyBreadDev will become famous soon enough. (+50) GingeyBreadDev will become famous soon enough. (+50) GingeyBreadDev will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I’m in the same boat as you but I’m around 4-5 weeks off finishing my cut, my plan is to do a full body workout using just my body weight Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, it means I’m upping my workout volume while having less weight to work with.

A rule of thumb I’m following is if I can hit 40 reps of an exercise then it’s time to add weight or find a way to make it harder to perform.

I’ve increased my calories by 300 just so I’m in a smaller deficit as I’ve been losing over 1lb a week recently and feel that slowing in down might help my body with continuing my cut while having less intensity.

Use things around the house to get the work done, pull ups, push ups (place a bag on your back with stuff in once it gets too easy), pike push ups are quite good for shoulders, pistol squats, dips if you have somewhere to do them, just about getting creative. I’m planning to use a bag filled with stuff for biceps and triceps work.

Hope I’ve helped, good luck buddy.