UlrikN123 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Need help with suggestions for a program

Hello powerlifters,

I'm looking for the (assumingly) most fitting and optimal powerlifting program for me, to hit a set of goals for the big 3 lifts.

Here's some info about me:I'm 20 years old, height at 6"5, weight at 247 lbs and I would guess my bodyfat to be around 20%I have these current max lifts ->Bench = 292 lbs, Squat = 402 lbs and Deadlift = 419 lbs

My goal is to Bench = 353 lbs, Squat = 462 lbs and Deadlift = 562 lbs and my goal is to do this in about 1 year and 3-4 months of time. Yes, it's gonna be difficult, but I'm willing to do whatever it takes to reach that goal!

I have been training on and off since I was probably 14 years old, but have only trained "serious" without total break longer than 1-2 weeks in about 3 years which doesn't include deloads in of course.

I have trained mostly for hypertrophy the whole time, though with fewer reps in the big lifts, most of the time in 3-5 sets with 3-6 reps, and then a ****ton of other exercises for hypertrophy since I both want to get big and at the same time strong. So I have never really gone all-in on the powerlifting side of things. But now my goals have changed and I simply want to get a strong mother****er.

I'm a bit unsure of whether I need to go with an intermediate powerlifting program or a novice one, since I'm unsure of whether I can progress with linear progression at this time.

Therefore I would like to hear you guys' opinion on this matter.

Thank you if you are reading and I hope you'll take the time to write an answer

ECGordyn is a name known to all. (+5000) ECGordyn is a name known to all. (+5000) ECGordyn is a name known to all. (+5000) ECGordyn is a name known to all. (+5000) ECGordyn is a name known to all. (+5000) ECGordyn is a name known to all. (+5000) ECGordyn is a name known to all. (+5000) ECGordyn is a name known to all. (+5000) ECGordyn is a name known to all. (+5000) ECGordyn is a name known to all. (+5000) ECGordyn is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by UlrikN123 View Post
    I have these current max lifts ->Bench = 292 lbs, Squat = 402 lbs and Deadlift = 419 lbs

My goal is to Bench = 353 lbs, Squat = 462 lbs and Deadlift = 562 lbs and my goal is to do this in about 1 year and 3-4 months of time. Yes, it's gonna be difficult, but I'm willing to do whatever it takes to reach that goal!
    You could achieve those goals in that timeframe. You want a program with lots of practice in the powerlifts, and you need high volume at first since you've been doing high volume. Check out Calgary Barbell 16 week and 8 week programs, and Candito 6 week.
    Currently running prison workouts due to Covid 19 lockdown 2020:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178174971

Main program: Calgary Barbell 8 Week:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175647011&p=1596837361&viewfull=1#post1596837361

Lifts heavy sh*t crew
    Burger bulk crew
    Squats in socks crew
    Straps crew
    I do what the f* I wanna do crew

UlrikN123 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ECGordyn View Post
    You could achieve those goals in that timeframe. You want a program with lots of practice in the powerlifts, and you need high volume at first since you've been doing high volume. Check out Calgary Barbell 16 week and 8 week programs, and Candito 6 week.
    Thank you for the suggestions, I'm still unsure of which one would be smart to choose from these though

I have also been wondering, whether it would be a smart idea to run a different progression scheme for the deadlift, when I have to increase my 1RM by 143lbs. That could be something like Ed Coan's 10 Week Deadlift, og Mag / Ort deadlift?