SideshowBill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SideshowBill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SideshowBill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SideshowBill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SideshowBill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SideshowBill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SideshowBill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SideshowBill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SideshowBill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SideshowBill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SideshowBill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Controlling cravings

I do pretty good throughout the day in terms of what I eat. Then at night time I get cravings and tend toeat enough that would make up for everything I wantted to eat throughout the day. Any help on how you control these cravings?

Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Changing the environment in which the cravings persist.

For instance, I'm sure you are at home at night when you get these cravings and such foods are readily available at your house. One strategy would be to create a barrier in between yourself and your cravings. Example, don't keep it in the house. Make yourself have to put in effort to satisfy the craving, such as having to walk to the store to get what you are craving. Another strategy could be to stay busy and get out of the house completely during the times you know you'll have cravings. You could do this by having planned errands to run at night during this period. Something like going to get groceries, taking a 30 minute walk, really anything that gets your mind off the craving and keeps it busy. Another option, though hard for many to have success with, is to find a substitute that satisfies the craving without putting a dent in your intake. To stem off that one, give in to your craving more often, but with smaller portions and make sure you just fit that food into your daily intake.

Some of things that I've used in the past.
    Life is constant learning. Give advice about things you know. Ask questions about things you don't.

*Health and Wellness Coach and Coordinator for all United Bank Branches of Alabama

BlueDev1l has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueDev1l has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueDev1l has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueDev1l has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueDev1l has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueDev1l has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueDev1l has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueDev1l has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueDev1l has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueDev1l has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueDev1l has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Drink LOTS of water as it will make you feel more full also eat slow releasing protein at night, I like cottage cheese and then a tablespoon or two of natural peanut butter and it fills me up for the night

sunsean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sunsean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sunsean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sunsean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sunsean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sunsean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sunsean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sunsean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sunsean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sunsean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sunsean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    With all the self quarantine and everything closed, I'm fighting the munchies myself while I sit around my apartment all day. I try to distract myself by reading, playing guitar, playing video games etc. so I'm not thinking about snacking. Also have some low calorie 'treats' for when I have to have something, like blueberries, strawberries, protein bar with milk, low calorie ice cream etc.

bsrkoacar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bsrkoacar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bsrkoacar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bsrkoacar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bsrkoacar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bsrkoacar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bsrkoacar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bsrkoacar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bsrkoacar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bsrkoacar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bsrkoacar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    What do you eat when you get these cravings? Popcorn from a machine is relatively filling and low calorie. Also veggies, I like to grill like 100-200 calories (giant pile) of veggies and eat them with some salt and vinegar. If I eat 200 calories worth of Brussels sprouts, carrots, sprouts, mushrooms, broccoli, onions, and coliflour, my stomach becomes completely full and I'm unable to eat anything else.

What helped me is eating low calories dense foods. I eat a large volume but not a lot of calories. Whereas if I were to eat ice cream or peanut butter, it would be pretty easy to put down 1000 calories easy
    225 bodyweight @ 6'3"

290 bench
    479.5 squat (usapl)
    570 deadlift
    200 OHP

SideshowBill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SideshowBill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SideshowBill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SideshowBill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SideshowBill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SideshowBill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SideshowBill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SideshowBill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SideshowBill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SideshowBill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SideshowBill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Nicksosure1 View Post
    Changing the environment in which the cravings persist.

For instance, I'm sure you are at home at night when you get these cravings and such foods are readily available at your house. One strategy would be to create a barrier in between yourself and your cravings. Example, don't keep it in the house. Make yourself have to put in effort to satisfy the craving, such as having to walk to the store to get what you are craving. Another strategy could be to stay busy and get out of the house completely during the times you know you'll have cravings. You could do this by having planned errands to run at night during this period. Something like going to get groceries, taking a 30 minute walk, really anything that gets your mind off the craving and keeps it busy. Another option, though hard for many to have success with, is to find a substitute that satisfies the craving without putting a dent in your intake. To stem off that one, give in to your craving more often, but with smaller portions and make sure you just fit that food into your daily intake.

Some of things that I've used in the past.
    Thanks for the tips. Unfortunaely there's always snacks and junk food in the house, not much I can do about it. I do try to limit my portions, it does help.

Originally Posted by bsrkoacar View Post
    What do you eat when you get these cravings? Popcorn from a machine is relatively filling and low calorie. Also veggies, I like to grill like 100-200 calories (giant pile) of veggies and eat them with some salt and vinegar. If I eat 200 calories worth of Brussels sprouts, carrots, sprouts, mushrooms, broccoli, onions, and coliflour, my stomach becomes completely full and I'm unable to eat anything else.

What helped me is eating low calories dense foods. I eat a large volume but not a lot of calories. Whereas if I were to eat ice cream or peanut butter, it would be pretty easy to put down 1000 calories easy
    It's mostly chocolate and other sweets. I do have needs for sugar, not sure why. Popcorn sounds pretty good, been a while since I had any.

JWhiteJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWhiteJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWhiteJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWhiteJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWhiteJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWhiteJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWhiteJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWhiteJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWhiteJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWhiteJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWhiteJ will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by SideshowBill View Post
    I do pretty good throughout the day in terms of what I eat. Then at night time I get cravings and tend toeat enough that would make up for everything I wantted to eat throughout the day. Any help on how you control these cravings?
    Are you eating to compensate for lack of energy? Sometimes tiredness can be misinterpreted as hunger. I'd suggest eating yogurt, cottage cheese or some form of dairy product.

sunsean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sunsean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sunsean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sunsean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sunsean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sunsean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sunsean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sunsean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sunsean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sunsean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sunsean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    It's mostly chocolate and other sweets. I do have needs for sugar, not sure why. Popcorn sounds pretty good, been a while since I had any.
    I have a major sweet tooth too. If I'm not careful, I can polish off a whole box of cookies and a pint of ice cream in one sitting, or a half dozen donuts. You get it.

For me - when I'm cutting, I simply can't have those things in the house. I might make it a few days, but no way I'm going a month or who knows how long without succumbing.

My trick, as mentioned, is to have low calorie alternatives for my sweet tooth. My go-to protein bar is Fitcrunch and tastes surprisingly good like a real candy bar (it's no Snickers but really good for a protein bar) - that and a cup of milk usually satisfies me and is like 300kcal and 26g protein. Or I have a Trader Joe's ice cream that is like 100kcal and 10g protein per serving. So I just incorporate these low calorie high protein 'sweets' into my diet easily. That and fruit takes care of me and keeps me on track.

Train hard play harder Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Keep things harmful to your deficit out of the house. Just don’t buy things you crave unless you crave broccoli
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

pill414 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pill414 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pill414 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pill414 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pill414 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pill414 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pill414 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pill414 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pill414 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pill414 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pill414 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I just cant eat after brushing my teeth, makes me think I will have to brush em again. Sounds simple but maybe it will do the trick.

Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by pill414 View Post
    I just cant eat after brushing my teeth, makes me think I will have to brush em again. Sounds simple but maybe it will do the trick.
    Yep the taste of anything in a freshly brushed mouth tastes awful. 10 brushing a day and you're golden. Gonna start a new diet program and call it the TOOTHPASTE DIET.

Yeah having to brush my teeth again isn't enough to stop me, I actually enjoy it. I am going to try healthier snacks though, seems like a reasonable thing.

Likw1d is not very helpful. (-500) Likw1d is not very helpful. (-500) Likw1d is not very helpful. (-500) Likw1d is not very helpful. (-500) Likw1d is not very helpful. (-500) Likw1d is not very helpful. (-500) Likw1d is not very helpful. (-500) Likw1d is not very helpful. (-500) Likw1d is not very helpful. (-500) Likw1d is not very helpful. (-500) Likw1d is not very helpful. (-500)
    I too love to pig out on occasion. Not a good feeling. Lots of water and protein will help.

loseit21 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I literally have no more hunger. I'm at 1600 calories with 7 hours to go and have no cravings. My weight is literally melting off. This isn't even hard anymore. Over 2 inches on my tummy are gone. My pants are falling off. Will have to buy a all new wardrobe when this is all over.
    Last edited by loseit21; 03-21-2020 at 02:06 PM.

ReadyToLift2019 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ReadyToLift2019 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ReadyToLift2019 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ReadyToLift2019 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ReadyToLift2019 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ReadyToLift2019 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ReadyToLift2019 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ReadyToLift2019 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ReadyToLift2019 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ReadyToLift2019 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ReadyToLift2019 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Question

Originally Posted by loseit21 View Post
    I literally have no more hunger. I'm at 1600 calories with 7 hours to go and have no cravings.
    Why do you think this is?

Have you always been this way or what did you do/change to eliminate your “hunger”?
    *** Lift & Misc ***

Originally Posted by ReadyToLift2019 View Post

Have you always been this way or what did you do/change to eliminate your “hunger”?
    its usually from proper food choices

loseit21 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ReadyToLift2019 View Post

Well, no. I went from 190 to 235. I tried everything to lose weight. Every stupid diet there is. Once I counted calories the weight started dropping. I had some days where I was hungrier than others and ate more. There were days I wasn't hungry and ate 1800. I had the occasional binge day in the first month.,but now that I'm at 8 weeks it's like all the occasional binge days are gone. It went away.

Also, the one big tip i can give u is use the range of calories the calculator allows. For example, when i typed in all my info it said to lose 2 pounds a week to eat 1800 to lose 1.5 it was 1950 to lose .5 pounds it was around 2400. Listen to your bodys hunger and eat in between the range of 2 pound loss and .5 loss. Thats whats worked for me. Some of the people here are strict on the lower number everday. I disagree. My number of calories changes everyday but my weight loss has averaged out to about 1.75 to 2 a week.
    Last edited by loseit21; 03-21-2020 at 02:08 PM.

Originally Posted by loseit21 View Post
    Well, no. I went from 190 to 235. I tried everything to lose weight. Every stupid diet there is. Once I counted calories the weight started dropping. I had some days where I was hungrier than others and ate more. There were days I wasn't hungry and ate 1800. I had the occasional binge day in the first month.,but now that I'm at 8 weeks it's like all the occasional binge days are gone. It went away.

Also, the one big tip i can give u is use the range of calories the calculator allows. For example, when i typed in all my info it said to lose 2 pounds a week to eat 1800 to lose 1.5 it was 1950 to lose .5 pounds it was around 2400. Listen to your bodys hunger and eat in between the range of 2 pound loss and .5 loss. Thats whats worked for me. Some of the people here are strict on the lower number everday. I disagree. My number of calories changes everyday but my weight loss has averaged out to about 1.75 to 2 a week.
    Count daily and figure weekly. Your weekly calories determine the outcome of body weight. Actually monthly or yearly however weekly is the most realistic way to figure things.

wj72wc is not very well liked. (-100) wj72wc is not very well liked. (-100) wj72wc is not very well liked. (-100) wj72wc is not very well liked. (-100) wj72wc is not very well liked. (-100) wj72wc is not very well liked. (-100) wj72wc is not very well liked. (-100) wj72wc is not very well liked. (-100) wj72wc is not very well liked. (-100) wj72wc is not very well liked. (-100) wj72wc is not very well liked. (-100)
    I found a supplement to deal with craving sugar snacks like cookies, pastries, etc. Then concentrated on healthier foods, and exercise. Seemed to work for me.

ShortNFit77 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I thought calorie counting was enough