Page 51 of 171 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 5103
    ontclone is just really nice. (+1000) ontclone is just really nice. (+1000) ontclone is just really nice. (+1000) ontclone is just really nice. (+1000) ontclone is just really nice. (+1000) ontclone is just really nice. (+1000) ontclone is just really nice. (+1000) ontclone is just really nice. (+1000) ontclone is just really nice. (+1000) ontclone is just really nice. (+1000) ontclone is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by nas_is_illmatic View Post
    Of the ones you listed, I like Costco the most. It's a consumer staple essentially with a certain amount of profit stability through it's membership fees. It also has some runways for growth going forward IMO (international expansion in Asia where they love it, millennials getting closer to family stage where they're more likely to be members, growing online capabilities being the biggest ones for me). Unless membership churn starts increasing, Management has continued to prove they can execute their strategy and same-store sales growth is phenomenal for a company it's size and in the industry it's in. I also like Google, especially at the recent valuations, but need to study how much ad rev will be impacted by small businesses going under. Same goes for Facebook.

As far as other ideas, I say it over and over again, but I still think DIS is a solid pick and will emerge out of this fine even though there WILL be weak growth the next 2-3 Qs. If virus conditions worsen, however, they're ****ed because so much of their revenue depends on discretionary spending. The other one I keep harping on is Visa. Volumes will meaningfully shrink (hell, Management said as much today), but people will still pull out their Visas to pay for UberEats/GrubHub and for toilet paper at Target/Costco. Furthermore, they still have plenty of room for growth in the long-run as more countries begin using credit and as society transitions away from cash as things like Apple/Google Pay take off. I'm very long $V & will continue to buy more if it falls to $140 again.

Some other ideas I'm studying are $QCOM $GLW $ALK $LVS so far. Would love for someone to discuss those. A space that I don't think too many people are talking about (or at least not in my circles) that will be important is internet bandwith. Are there good ways to play the internet infrastructure boom to ramp up for 5G, increased streaming/WFH capabilities, etc.? My thought process is internet bandwith will be at a premium and speeds will be slower unless this is upgraded. What could be some plays on this theme?
    thanks for the reply, visa sounds like a decent long term bet. i like your prediction that consumer spending will be more digital than before but i wonder if that will involve visa. i think apple has it own card now
    GAINS, GAINS, More GAINS

VegasLifter26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VegasLifter26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VegasLifter26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VegasLifter26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VegasLifter26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VegasLifter26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VegasLifter26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VegasLifter26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VegasLifter26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VegasLifter26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VegasLifter26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    \They are talking about levels of unemployment that we have never seen before since the great depression. The US govt simply cannot afford to pay for 30% unemployment checks, and way too many people are living paycheck to paycheck....On top of that, the even bigger question is going to be how long can the banks extend financing for these struggling companies because if for some reason the banks run dry, that is when the depression will start..the market may be going up a bit now, my gut is just telling me its gonna go lower
    Last edited by VegasLifter26; 03-30-2020 at 08:01 PM.
    (these are my opinions i am not a licensed broker by trade)

tunafish01 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tunafish01 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tunafish01 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tunafish01 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tunafish01 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tunafish01 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tunafish01 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tunafish01 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tunafish01 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tunafish01 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tunafish01 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ontclone View Post
    thanks for the reply, visa sounds like a decent long term bet. i like your prediction that consumer spending will be more digital than before but i wonder if that will involve visa. i think apple has it own card now
    I love Visa. Cash is dying, millennials will keep spending.

Registered User nas_is_illmatic's Avatar
    nas_is_illmatic is a name known to all. (+5000) nas_is_illmatic is a name known to all. (+5000) nas_is_illmatic is a name known to all. (+5000) nas_is_illmatic is a name known to all. (+5000) nas_is_illmatic is a name known to all. (+5000) nas_is_illmatic is a name known to all. (+5000) nas_is_illmatic is a name known to all. (+5000) nas_is_illmatic is a name known to all. (+5000) nas_is_illmatic is a name known to all. (+5000) nas_is_illmatic is a name known to all. (+5000) nas_is_illmatic is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ontclone View Post
    Apple card still runs on Mastercard's payment network. I'd encourage you to do some more digging on how V/MA make money not to be an ass, but because I think understanding this will be critical for determining how comfortable you are with my thesis given I'm some rando on the internet. In general, this is a decent diagram showing how the process works:

The long story short is that V/MA/AXP are all association networks that charge a small fee that's negotiated by various issuing banks, etc. for processing the payment. This amount is small, but when dollar amounts are high, it adds up quickly. I like V/MA so much too because they don't have default risk like AXP/Discover do when **** hits the fan because they aren't issuers, so their biggest risk is volume declining, which it definitely will in a recession.

I anticipate there being more competition, for sure, but I also think this is a huge market that's only going to continue increase. It's similar to advertising on the internet. Google/FB were dominant, and now people are worried Amazon is going to come in. Sure, maybe they'll each own less market share, but 30% of a $10M dollar market is better than 50% of a $5M dollar market, for example. As long as the pie continues to grow and V keeps having a strong network effect (check) and innovates with the times to not fall behind their competitors (less certain, but so far so good), they should continue to do well as a company.
    "I switched my motto, instead of saying "**** tomorrow"
    That buck that bought a bottle could've struck the lotto"
    -Nasir bin Olu Dara Jones

**Value Investor**
    **CPA**
    **Amateur Photographer**

Destor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Destor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Destor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Destor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Destor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Destor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Destor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Destor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Destor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Destor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Destor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by onepieceisreals View Post
    Thoughts on Cenovus under TSX? Worth buying?
    https://seekingalpha.com/article/433...vency-question

Sounds like their finances were pretty decent going into the price war but their stock has dropped significantly more than the other big Canadian oil producers, clearly investors aren't as confident in them. I'd say WTI will almost certainly return to above $50/bbl before 2023

Cenovus isn't as big as Suncor or CNRL, but they're still big

VegasLifter26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VegasLifter26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VegasLifter26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VegasLifter26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VegasLifter26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VegasLifter26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VegasLifter26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VegasLifter26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VegasLifter26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VegasLifter26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VegasLifter26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Just did my midnight run downtown. Amazed at how many establishments have already closed for good in downtown nashville. I saw at least 10 "Available for Lease" signs on business that were open just a few weeks ago.., several bars/restaurants, wine bar, fitness center, guitar shop...scary stuff..I cant imagine how bakeries, ice cream parlors, barbershops, and even gyms will make it thru this

very sad..people keep talking about cruiseliners...I think movie theatres go under first

Last edited by VegasLifter26; 03-30-2020 at 10:44 PM.

cool-beans has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cool-beans has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cool-beans has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cool-beans has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cool-beans has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cool-beans has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cool-beans has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cool-beans has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cool-beans has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cool-beans has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cool-beans has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    RIP movie theatres

the new blockbusters lol

Omnivium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Omnivium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Omnivium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Omnivium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Omnivium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Omnivium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Omnivium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Omnivium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Omnivium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Omnivium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Omnivium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by cool-beans View Post
    RIP movie theatres

the new blockbusters lol
    I think movie theaters will be back to normal after this BS is over. Blockbuster failed because it became obsolete. Movie theaters are not obsolete, just temporarily closed due to a pandemic
    *Mechanical Engineering Crew*
    *Misc Crypto Crew*

MediocreGains has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MediocreGains has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MediocreGains has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MediocreGains has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MediocreGains has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MediocreGains has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MediocreGains has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MediocreGains has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MediocreGains has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MediocreGains has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MediocreGains has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Omnivium View Post
    I think movie theaters will be back to normal after this BS is over. Blockbuster failed because it became obsolete. Movie theaters are not obsolete, just temporarily closed due to a pandemic
    Even after this is over, a lot of people won't be comfortable going to them again until next year or so. I wonder how many of them can survive?

calfenvy will become famous soon enough. (+50) calfenvy will become famous soon enough. (+50) calfenvy will become famous soon enough. (+50) calfenvy will become famous soon enough. (+50) calfenvy will become famous soon enough. (+50) calfenvy will become famous soon enough. (+50) calfenvy will become famous soon enough. (+50) calfenvy will become famous soon enough. (+50) calfenvy will become famous soon enough. (+50) calfenvy will become famous soon enough. (+50) calfenvy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    What kind of overhead do they have? Is it mainly rent and employees? Not sure what they pay for licensing the films themselves and how big of a loss that might be for them....

MillerDecaXC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerDecaXC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerDecaXC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerDecaXC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerDecaXC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerDecaXC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerDecaXC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerDecaXC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerDecaXC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerDecaXC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerDecaXC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Definitely possible for movie theaters to become obsolete as well. I think most will make it through, but look at drive-in theaters. They can easily put new movies out digitally to your home.

newbuck is just really nice. (+1000) newbuck is just really nice. (+1000) newbuck is just really nice. (+1000) newbuck is just really nice. (+1000) newbuck is just really nice. (+1000) newbuck is just really nice. (+1000) newbuck is just really nice. (+1000) newbuck is just really nice. (+1000) newbuck is just really nice. (+1000) newbuck is just really nice. (+1000) newbuck is just really nice. (+1000)
    absolutely absurd despite more infections,deaths and unemployment numbers, futures and other stocks just rise, or move sideways. At this point I'll just hold my may puts and watch the rest of my portfolio tank to zero

lockdev has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lockdev has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lockdev has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lockdev has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lockdev has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lockdev has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lockdev has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lockdev has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lockdev has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lockdev has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lockdev has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Less and less people were going to theaters before this mess and it's a really thin-margin business already. Most of their money is made off of concessions. Do you think people are going to be buying $8 popcorn and $5 soda when they finally return to the theater/

Digital distribution isn't helping. This might just be the final nail for them.
    Misc Entrepreneur Crew

twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Like i said, if theyre not paying rent, or bills, which is what is going to happen, unless theyre paying people (all those high paying movie theater jobs), how are they going to go....out of business?
    MFC
    Misc Cologne Crew | **BBC** | Aventus Friday Crew

RIP YGST

Buy high, sell higher. HMFIC_BROWSIN's Avatar
    HMFIC_BROWSIN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by MillerDecaXC View Post
    Definitely possible for movie theaters to become obsolete as well. I think most will make it through, but look at drive-in theaters. They can easily put new movies out digitally to your home.
    Maybe drive-ins will make a come back.... Better social distancing in your car lol.
    MTB = leg day

Carbonfibre has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Carbonfibre has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Carbonfibre has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Carbonfibre has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Carbonfibre has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Carbonfibre has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Carbonfibre has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Carbonfibre has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Carbonfibre has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Carbonfibre has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Carbonfibre has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Watch Boeing go up today.

U.S. Air Force finds additional deficiency in Boeing's aerial fuel system

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN21I06C

alobri3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alobri3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alobri3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alobri3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alobri3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alobri3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alobri3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alobri3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alobri3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alobri3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alobri3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I canceled orders for BA @100 @95 @90

chino3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chino3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chino3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chino3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chino3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chino3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chino3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chino3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chino3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chino3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chino3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by twovalvekid View Post
    Like i said, if theyre not paying rent, or bills, which is what is going to happen, unless theyre paying people (all those high paying movie theater jobs), how are they going to go....out of business?
    Movie theaters are completely different though. These are places where rent is a minimum 100k per month. It’s going to be very hard to not only recover but to show to the owner that there is more value in them than either selling the lot altogether or demoing and putting up a dozen smaller units.

It’s not as simple as “.cheaper to keep her...”
    "It won't get better, just different."

Carbonfibre has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Carbonfibre has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Carbonfibre has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Carbonfibre has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Carbonfibre has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Carbonfibre has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Carbonfibre has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Carbonfibre has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Carbonfibre has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Carbonfibre has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Carbonfibre has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    From what I recall reading while back.

AMC, Cinemark and another company pretty much own all the movie theaters in US.

You would think they can swallow the losses for few months.

PattBattmann is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PattBattmann is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PattBattmann is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PattBattmann is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PattBattmann is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PattBattmann is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PattBattmann is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PattBattmann is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PattBattmann is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PattBattmann is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PattBattmann is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Kinda new to this. I have setup some Vanguard accounts, which I have heard is good. I have setup some general mutual fund accounts and a Roth IRA. Is that OK or should I buy individual stocks now? Would the mutual funds account for the current bargains?
    Queen > Beatles crew
    Utah Jazz crew
    Tennessee Titans crew

Geneticz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Geneticz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Geneticz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Geneticz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Geneticz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Geneticz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Geneticz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Geneticz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Geneticz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Geneticz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Geneticz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by PattBattmann View Post
    Kinda new to this. I have setup some Vanguard accounts, which I have heard is good. I have setup some general mutual fund accounts and a Roth IRA. Is that OK or should I buy individual stocks now? Would the mutual funds account for the current bargains?
    Amazing time. Stick with ETFs. Vti or voo.

Stocks: Amazon, Visa, aapl, msft. Other bigger companies.

Also. Amazon accelerating for liftoff. I know a lot of us in here own it. Get ready boys.
    Last edited by Geneticz; 03-31-2020 at 07:07 AM. Reason: Typo
    Finance and Investing Crew

Destor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Destor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Destor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Destor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Destor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Destor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Destor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Destor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Destor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Destor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Destor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Don't know about you guys but I definitely enjoy seeing movies in the theater, although I exclusively do VIP theaters because no kids and less dipchits

Feels like Hollywood also relies on them pretty heavily. I don't think they're going anywhere

Witherman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Witherman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Witherman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Witherman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Witherman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Witherman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Witherman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Witherman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Witherman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Witherman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Witherman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    how is this **** continuing to go positive lol is BA pulling the DOW up today or what?
    My pits are my pride
    Raiders | Seahawks | Iowa Hawkeyes

Currently Making America Great Again

Mod Reps: 2
    Mod Negs: 1
    Trips to band camp: 4

chino3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chino3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chino3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chino3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chino3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chino3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chino3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chino3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chino3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chino3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chino3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Geneticz View Post
    Amazing time. Stick with ETFs. Vti or voo.

Stocks: Amazon, Visa, aapl, msft. Other bigger companies.

Also. Amazon accelerating for liftoff. I know a lot of us in here own it. Get ready boys.
    Amazon and whole foods are facing strikes currently. Also amazon just fired man who started first strike.
    "It won't get better, just different."

twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by chino3 View Post
    Movie theaters are completely different though. These are places where rent is a minimum 100k per month. It’s going to be very hard to not only recover but to show to the owner that there is more value in them than either selling the lot altogether or demoing and putting up a dozen smaller units.

It’s not as simple as “.cheaper to keep her...”
    But still....so they dont pay rent...what's the landlord do....kick them out? Then put it "for lease" for 6 months before the next tenant goes in? I doubt you see people closing shop over 2 months. Everyone is in the same boat. Literally everyone.

Think im going to hold until the jobs report comes out friday. Maybe trim some profits until friday if there is an up day.
    MFC
    Misc Cologne Crew | **BBC** | Aventus Friday Crew

RIP YGST

Geneticz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Geneticz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Geneticz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Geneticz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Geneticz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Geneticz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Geneticz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Geneticz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Geneticz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Geneticz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Geneticz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Witherman View Post
    how is this **** continuing to go positive lol is BA pulling the DOW up today or what?
    Obviously the mm and hedge funds/institutions think we were completely oversold (which we were). We will probably hover between dow 20 and 24.5k till around april 30th

Also remember 2 trillion coming into the economy is going to naturally raise prices. As well as inflation. I may be a bull but there is always consequences for this kind of stimulus.

Originally Posted by chino3 View Post
    Amazon and whole foods are facing strikes currently. Also amazon just fired man who started first strike.
    I saw that too. Yet the stock continues to go up. Honestly the impact those two little things have arent going to compare in the increase in AWS for companies trying to go more remote and push their online aspects of their company (my opinion of course)

Once India opens up its game on

Registered User nas_is_illmatic's Avatar
    nas_is_illmatic is a name known to all. (+5000) nas_is_illmatic is a name known to all. (+5000) nas_is_illmatic is a name known to all. (+5000) nas_is_illmatic is a name known to all. (+5000) nas_is_illmatic is a name known to all. (+5000) nas_is_illmatic is a name known to all. (+5000) nas_is_illmatic is a name known to all. (+5000) nas_is_illmatic is a name known to all. (+5000) nas_is_illmatic is a name known to all. (+5000) nas_is_illmatic is a name known to all. (+5000) nas_is_illmatic is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Destor View Post
    Don't know about you guys but I definitely enjoy seeing movies in the theater, although I exclusively do VIP theaters because no kids and less dipchits

Feels like Hollywood also relies on them pretty heavily. I don't think they're going anywhere
    What makes you say Hollywood relies on them? I get that a lot of movies rely on box office sales for profitability, but what's preventing Disney from implementing a PPV package of sorts where basically Disney+ subscribers can pay $15 to watch Frozen 3 (or whatever) before it's launched for free on Disney+? They could even say that non-Disney+ subscribers have to pay $20 or some other higher price to convince people to pay for their subscription service. If you're watching movies with family or a small group of friends, it's likely still cheaper and more convenient to pay $15-$20 to stream this from Disney in the comfort of your home versus going to a theater and pay $12 a head & for overpriced concessions.

Maybe the pricing would have to be way higher or else movies won't be profitable, but I'm sure companies could find an innovative pricing scheme to cut out the theaters & stay profitable.
    "I switched my motto, instead of saying "**** tomorrow"
    That buck that bought a bottle could've struck the lotto"
    -Nasir bin Olu Dara Jones

**Value Investor**
    **CPA**
    **Amateur Photographer**

Registered User onepieceisreals's Avatar
    onepieceisreals will become famous soon enough. (+50) onepieceisreals will become famous soon enough. (+50) onepieceisreals will become famous soon enough. (+50) onepieceisreals will become famous soon enough. (+50) onepieceisreals will become famous soon enough. (+50) onepieceisreals will become famous soon enough. (+50) onepieceisreals will become famous soon enough. (+50) onepieceisreals will become famous soon enough. (+50) onepieceisreals will become famous soon enough. (+50) onepieceisreals will become famous soon enough. (+50) onepieceisreals will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Stupid question but why is tsx rallying and going up today?