Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
    In Witness Protection mtpockets's Avatar
    mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

This **** just rots me

Churchgoers Flock to Hear Louisiana Pastor Despite Virus Ban

Central, Louisiana — Buses and cars filled a Louisiana church parking lot for another service Tuesday evening as worshippers flocked to hear a Louisiana pastor who is facing misdemeanor charges for holding services despite a ban on gatherings amid the coronavirus pandemic.

A few protesters turned out, too, including a man shouting through a bullhorn against those gathering at the Life Tabernacle Church in the city of Central, where pastor Tony Spell has been holding services.

https://www.usnews.com/news/us/artic...oronavirus-ban
    Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999

Real Heroes don't wear capes.

Keep your squats low and standards high.

You are not stuck at home, you are safe at home.

LWW is just really nice. (+1000) LWW is just really nice. (+1000) LWW is just really nice. (+1000) LWW is just really nice. (+1000) LWW is just really nice. (+1000) LWW is just really nice. (+1000) LWW is just really nice. (+1000) LWW is just really nice. (+1000) LWW is just really nice. (+1000) LWW is just really nice. (+1000) LWW is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by 7Seconds View Post
    but a temporary measure to protect the lives of the citizens? Absolutely. It's the role of government to protect its people from threats. It's the only role it should have. This is how this threat is dealt with.

The Gov. failed, and what good is unemployment if you can't even connect and apply, word on the street is people have been trying for weeks. 3.2 million in ONE WEEK.

UTTER B.S.

The cure is now worse than the disease.

Finally accused of juicin Corbi's Avatar
    Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by sy2502 View Post
    With all due respect, those numbers are meaningless because we don't know the real number of infected people. It is known many can contract the virus and have no symptoms at all, or mild flu-like symptoms. I'm all good with real actual numbers of people in the hospitals, in the hotspots in Italy the number of people in the hospital is high and as you said it's all concentrated in a few places with people needing hospitalization all at the same time. But percentages and projections IMO are useless for the simple reason we don't know how many people caught it. I think it would be useful when all this crap is over and done to have tests that check for the antibodies to the virus (like the TB test) and see how many people were exposed to the virus. My guess is that it's going to be a huge number, and when that number becomes the denominator the mortality and hospitalization rates will get really small.
    But then again, I am your garden variety internet expert here talking out of my azz and I am fully aware of it.
    I have been ranting on FB about the media and the desire / need to scream meaningless statistics at us. As you point out without testing everyone we will never know the true numbers of anything, and yet the talking heads continue to scream "the numbers are going up" without mentioning the numbers being tested is going up so obviously we will see an increase in cases but also an increase in negative results which they never mention. Even if the potential / projected number of deaths hits 200,000 which I seriously doubt we will ever get close to that would amount to .06% of the population. While not a small number it is by no means a reason to lock down the entire country.
    "You know that little thing in your head that keeps you from saying things you shouldn't? Yeah, well, I don't have one of those."

x-trainer ben has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) x-trainer ben has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) x-trainer ben has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) x-trainer ben has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) x-trainer ben has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) x-trainer ben has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) x-trainer ben has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) x-trainer ben has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) x-trainer ben has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) x-trainer ben has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) x-trainer ben has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Corbi View Post
    I have been ranting on FB about the media and the desire / need to scream meaningless statistics at us. As you point out without testing everyone we will never know the true numbers of anything, and yet the talking heads continue to scream "the numbers are going up" without mentioning the numbers being tested is going up so obviously we will see an increase in cases but also an increase in negative results which they never mention. Even if the potential / projected number of deaths hits 200,000 which I seriously doubt we will ever get close to that would amount to .06% of the population. While not a small number it is by no means a reason to lock down the entire country.
    So i have been watching Cuomo's briefings in NYC because there are "just the facts" and he showed Bill Gates company projections. For the record there are lots and lots of models with different projections as they add new data daily. One of the interesting facts from today was that it peaks in May and shows about 94,000 people dying. Another important point was that it will move in waves; New York now, then other places will get the wave,Texas, Cali, Detroit , Chicago, Florida, New Orleans, and so on.
    Hospital staff is fried and breaking and there are only but so many reinforcements available to assist. They put a call out for medical school students, retired nurses and docs to assist.

cliffs: the system is overwhelmed and short of equipment/supplies so this flattening the curve is not just for fun and giggles.
    sums it up a thread will start off promising and then turn into name calling..
    The easiest way to tell when an argument has no merit is when the protagonist mixes in some personal insults.

LWW is just really nice. (+1000) LWW is just really nice. (+1000) LWW is just really nice. (+1000) LWW is just really nice. (+1000) LWW is just really nice. (+1000) LWW is just really nice. (+1000) LWW is just really nice. (+1000) LWW is just really nice. (+1000) LWW is just really nice. (+1000) LWW is just really nice. (+1000) LWW is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by mtpockets View Post
    Churchgoers Flock to Hear Louisiana Pastor Despite Virus Ban

Central, Louisiana — Buses and cars filled a Louisiana church parking lot for another service Tuesday evening as worshippers flocked to hear a Louisiana pastor who is facing misdemeanor charges for holding services despite a ban on gatherings amid the coronavirus pandemic.

A few protesters turned out, too, including a man shouting through a bullhorn against those gathering at the Life Tabernacle Church in the city of Central, where pastor Tony Spell has been holding services.

https://www.usnews.com/news/us/artic...oronavirus-ban

Well, some of those older church folks may not be able to wait around 2-3 months, to them it may be essential, who is anyone to deny

There is line here, as I trust them evangelist pastors in nice suits as much as I trust my congressman. If my gym opened, I'd go, if the instructor said "hold hands" I'd ignore. I also won't visit granny because well I go to an even more dangerous place, the store, almost everyday, this also the line Gov crosses with what they are doing.

7Seconds has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7Seconds has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7Seconds has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7Seconds has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7Seconds has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7Seconds has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7Seconds has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7Seconds has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7Seconds has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7Seconds has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7Seconds has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by LWW View Post
    The Gov. failed, and what good is unemployment if you can't even connect and apply, word on the street is people have been trying for weeks. 3.2 million in ONE WEEK.

UTTER B.S.

The cure is now worse than the disease.
    I agree closing the economy was a panic response. It is not how we should have fought the virus. We should have followed the Korea, Taiwan, Singapore models: Test everybody. Trace all their contacts. Isolate those who test positive or with symptoms. But we chose a different path and this is what we have.

It should be obvious that our economy will not return to normal if the virus is running rampant. If the healthcare system is overrun and appendicitis is a death sentence since you can't get a routine surgery, people aren't going to be rushing out to travel, eat at restaurants, go to movies, etc. There is some fantasy that we can just turn a blind eye to preventable deaths overwhelming the system and go about normal business activity.

Until we have control over one of the vectors, exponential growth can occur without preventative behavior: meaning we will have lost the opportunity for control. Once we have either quick reliable testing or a vaccine, then we can start the return to normal. Until then we will incubate and spread this virus with social interaction. An economic loss now is not only manageable, but we can predict it. Exponential pandemic growth surely would be worse for an economy.
    Last edited by 7Seconds; 04-01-2020 at 12:51 PM.
    I thought she’d be there holding daisies.

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by LWW View Post
    Well, some of those older church folks may not be able to wait around 2-3 months, to them it may be essential, who is anyone to deny

There is line here, as I trust them evangelist pastors in nice suits as much as I trust my congressman. If my gym opened, I'd go, if the instructor said "hold hands" I'd ignore. I also won't visit granny because well I go to an even more dangerous place, the store, almost everyday, this also the line Gov crosses with what they are doing.

I back the church goers 100% until it possibly impacts the health and safety of others. This clearly does, not to mention it's breaking the law. Many other churches are law biding and doing their part by holding empty churches and streaming it, another did it with pictures of his parishioners etc....Even the pope stopped the mass gatherings. What makes this group of fuktards in Louisiana so special? Fuk that, if they want to get together in crowds that big, there are some empty cruise ships that could use some business, I am sure there wouldn't be any trouble getting volunteers to push them off either.

_zman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _zman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _zman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _zman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _zman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _zman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _zman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _zman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _zman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _zman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _zman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by OldFartTom View Post
    Just how many ventilators and ECMO (machine that can oxygenate blood) does a normal hospital have...
    Local hospital only has about 50 ventilators, the county already has 100 covid-19 cases. Luckily only 50% of ventilators are being used right now.
    ★★★ A State of Trance Crew ★★★
    ♞♞♞ Misc Horse Head Crew ♞♞♞

An important message-

Did you know AWS sold cloud infrastructure to China?

https://youtu.be/MQUu8OZxYrI
    Last edited by LWW; 04-01-2020 at 09:54 PM.

Harsh Truth Distributor xsquid99's Avatar
    xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I agree closing the economy was a panic response. It is not how we should have fought the virus. We should have followed the Korea, Taiwan, Singapore models: Test everybody. Trace all their contacts. Isolate those who test positive or with symptoms. But we chose a different path and this is what we have.
    I live in Japan, I have friends in Singapore and Korea and that "test everybody" thing that you speak of didn't happen, NOT EVEN CLOSE. Just like most other places they're only testing the ones that have symptoms or extremely close contact with those who tested positive. In Japan its even less, nobody gets tested unless you show up at the hospital in really bad shape. But the hospitals here aren't overloaded with patients either, so you can assume that the virus has not taken a foothold yet. The Japanese are germophobes anyways and most people wear masks this time of year even with out the thread of COVID, so that may be helping a bit.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

7Seconds has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7Seconds has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7Seconds has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7Seconds has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7Seconds has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7Seconds has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7Seconds has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7Seconds has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7Seconds has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7Seconds has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7Seconds has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by xsquid99 View Post
    I live in Japan, I have friends in Singapore and Korea and that "test everybody" thing that you speak of didn't happen, NOT EVEN CLOSE. Just like most other places they're only testing the ones that have symptoms or extremely close contact with those who tested positive. In Japan its even less, nobody gets tested unless you show up at the hospital in really bad shape. But the hospitals here aren't overloaded with patients either, so you can assume that the virus has not taken a foothold yet. The Japanese are germophobes anyways and most people wear masks this time of year even with out the thread of COVID, so that may be helping a bit.

No they did not test all 50 million people. But they did test aggressively from their Patient 0, and continued with contact tracing and isolation of infected people. They had widely available testing and a plan to surgically isolate clusters rather than shutting everything down. The second part of the plan was, after you know who has it and who has been exposed, you release the infected person’s movements to the public. In some instances these places were forced to shut down to be sterilized, but not in all cases.

The contrast to mass testing is blind, blanket policies, which are fear inducing and economy crippling.

The US is like a modern airplane. Took a bit of work to get it flying, but once it's in the air, it basically just flies itself. But you still need a pilot, just in case. If you replace the pilot with a chimpanzee, it'll be funny right up until you need a real pilot
    I thought she’d be there holding daisies.

"Stay The **** At Home" by Samuel L. Jackson

acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by x-trainer ben View Post
    So i have been watching Cuomo's briefings in NYC because there are "just the facts" and he showed Bill Gates company projections. For the record there are lots and lots of models with different projections as they add new data daily. One of the interesting facts from today was that it peaks in May and shows about 94,000 people dying. Another important point was that it will move in waves; New York now, then other places will get the wave,Texas, Cali, Detroit , Chicago, Florida, New Orleans, and so on.
    Hospital staff is fried and breaking and there are only but so many reinforcements available to assist. They put a call out for medical school students, retired nurses and docs to assist.

cliffs: the system is overwhelmed and short of equipment/supplies so this flattening the curve is not just for fun and giggles.
    The system is not overwhelmed. We may have areas where the system is overwhelmed (i.e. NYC), but by and large it is not. The biggest problem isn't even equipment, which is really a logistics issue. The real problem is the chronic under staffing and abysmal pay for low level medical professionals, the LNA and LPN's. This is no one's fault but the hospitals that feel $12 an hour is sufficient pay for someone that puts themselves at risk every day.... this problem is not new.

As far as flattening the curve. NOTHING we are doing is doing that. Short of stripping everyone of their rights, that isn't going to happen. Kinda scary that medical professionals pushing for ineffective policies.

I would however, be interested in the literature for the doom and gloom death tolls you're suggesting will take place.

The easiest thing to do would have been to tell those in a high risk category to self quarantine, strategically quarantine high risk locations and let the rest of us get on with our herd immunization.

It should be obvious that our economy will not return to normal if the virus is running rampant. If the healthcare system is overrun and appendicitis is a death sentence since you can't get a routine surgery, people aren't going to be rushing out to travel, eat at restaurants, go to movies, etc. There is some fantasy that we can just turn a blind eye to preventable deaths overwhelming the system and go about normal business activity.
    To be clear.... the vast majority of deaths in America are "preventable". They all overwhelm the system.
    Last edited by acrawlingchaos; 04-02-2020 at 07:34 AM.

bustasinclair has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustasinclair has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustasinclair has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustasinclair has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustasinclair has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustasinclair has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustasinclair has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustasinclair has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustasinclair has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustasinclair has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustasinclair has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by acrawlingchaos View Post
    I would however, be interested in the literature for the doom and gloom death tolls you're suggesting will take place.
    I'm honestly trying to understand your position on all of this by piecing together your posts. Are you saying that you don't believe the science and the models presented? Not looking to argue as I'm just trying to solidify my own position by weeding through all of the "data" out there. I'm in Texas where the risk seems ridiculously low compared to New York and northeastern states.

acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by bustasinclair View Post
    I'm honestly trying to understand your position on all of this by piecing together your posts. Are you saying that you don't believe the science and the models presented? Not looking to argue as I'm just trying to solidify my own position by weeding through all of the "data" out there. I'm in Texas where the risk seems ridiculously low compared to New York and northeastern states.
    If we are going to discuss body counts, I want to see where the information comes from. I don't want to accept them blindly. I've already seen so many stats thrown around that are so grossly inaccurate that professionals should be embarrassed. Most of this panic started when initial reports of 3+% death rates where circulating. Just because a piece was produced scientifically doesn't mean they are right. 90% of the scientific process is being wrong.

I think things are overblown and that's evident by the constant shifting of threat levels. I take Covid seriously insofar that it is an illness and has the capacity to cause death. My mother is ill and under quarantine and certainly worry about her. However, politics has firmly grabbed this epidemic by the testicles and keeps giving it a good yank. Nothing I have seen has me believe this is any worse than the flu. Nothing I have seen makes me believe that anything but panic is responsible for this cluster****.

HOWEVER, I think this would be a good time to reconsider how we live, and perhaps some culture changes may be appropriate. While this MAY not be any worse than the common flu... the flu still causes massive loss of life and some of that could be prevented. Now would be a good time to sit back, do a little brainstorming and produce an effective plan for the next time something like this happens (or even for the next flu season).

FYI, I have still been practicing social distancing, not leaving my home for anything but necessities and brushing up on hygiene.
    Last edited by acrawlingchaos; 04-02-2020 at 08:08 AM.

bustasinclair has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustasinclair has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustasinclair has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustasinclair has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustasinclair has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustasinclair has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustasinclair has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustasinclair has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustasinclair has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustasinclair has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustasinclair has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by acrawlingchaos View Post
    I don't doubt models, however if we are going to discuss body counts, I want to see where the information comes from. I don't want to accept them blindly. I've already seen so many stats thrown around that are so grossly inaccurate that professionals should be embarrassed. Most of this panic started when initial reports of 3+% death rates where circulating. Just because a piece was produced scientifically doesn't mean they are right. 90% of the scientific process is being wrong.

I think things are overblown and that's evident by the constant shifting of threat levels. I take Covid seriously insofar that it is an illness and has the capacity to cause death. My mother is ill and under quarantine and certainly worry about her. However, politics has firmly grabbed this epidemic by testicles and keeps giving it a good yank. Nothing I have seen has me believe this is any worse than the flu. Nothing I have seen makes me believe that anything but panic is responsible for this cluster****.

HOWEVER, I think this would be a good time to reconsider how we live, and perhaps some culture changes may be appropriate. While this MAY not be any worse than the common flu... the flu still causes massive loss of life and some of that could be prevented. Now would be a good time to sit back, do a little brainstorming and produce an effective plan for the next time something like this happens.

FYI, I have still been practicing social distancing, not leaving my home for anything but necessities and brushing up on hygiene.

Gotcha, thanks for clarifying. I have been all over the board on my position and reading your posts had me starting to feel foolish given what information I have swallowed and accepted. I am doing my part as well, but it still feels silly going into grocery stores and seeing all the changes. It does 'feel' overblown when you look at it from where i sit, but when I view news reports coming from the northeast, I cringe at my minimizing of this in my mind.

I have to laugh out loud at the media losing their minds that unemployment claims have topped 10,000,000 over the last two weeks......hello, we basically have closed the country. Hell, I estimate that 80% of our clientele are filing for unemployment.

I hope your Mom is on the mend and recovers quickly.

sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Karl_Hungus View Post
    Yeah, the latter portion of what you say here was my overall point. I should have framed it in terms of absolute numbers instead of percentages. The other issue is not even the number of actual hospitalizations, but the need for specialized equipment (e.g. ventilators) that are in short supply that is causing a lot of problems. It doesn't seem to be far and away worse than the flu, but because it is new, our capacity to treat it is much more limited. We have lots of experience dealing with the flu.

That said, as ACC mentioned, and as I also mentioned in the other thread, so far coronavirus has a long way to go before it even reaches influenza levels of deaths and hospitalizations.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/index.html
    I was reading an article in the Italian news this morning. With coronavirus blood donations are low so the blood donor association of the town of Castiglione d'Adda contacted its members asking them to come in and donate blood and they would be screened for coronavirus at the same time. Of the 60 people that showed up, 40 came back positive for coronavirus, none of them had any symptoms. Again this is not a statistically significant number but it does seem that wherever extensive testing is done many more people than we expect turn up positive, and many of them are just fine. It does make me wonder how overhyped this whole thing is.
    Follow my 2018 competition prep here:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175566421&p=1547462721#post1547462721

Originally Posted by sy2502 View Post
    I was reading an article in the Italian news this morning. With coronavirus blood donations are low so the blood donor association of the town of Castiglione d'Adda contacted its members asking them to come in and donate blood and they would be screened for coronavirus at the same time. Of the 60 people that showed up, 40 came back positive for coronavirus, none of them had any symptoms. Again this is not a statistically significant number but it does seem that wherever extensive testing is done many more people than we expect turn up positive, and many of them are just fine. It does make me wonder how overhyped this whole thing is.
    I've also seen reports that the test has significant false positives and some false negatives. Sooo yeah... :shrugs:

Originally Posted by bustasinclair View Post
    Gotcha, thanks for clarifying. I have been all over the board on my position and reading your posts had me starting to feel foolish given what information I have swallowed and accepted. I am doing my part as well, but it still feels silly going into grocery stores and seeing all the changes. It does 'feel' overblown when you look at it from where i sit, but when I view news reports coming from the northeast, I cringe at my minimizing of this in my mind.
    I don't feel like I have been minimizing this, and I don't think we should. Though cooler heads will prevail.

I have to laugh out loud at the media losing their minds that unemployment claims have topped 10,000,000 over the last two weeks......hello, we basically have closed the country. Hell, I estimate that 80% of our clientele are filing for unemployment.
    I wouldn't be surprised if another 10 million file over the next 2 weeks as well. What did they think was going to happen when they scare the hell out of people? BTW.... stopped watching the news (I watch Fox and CNN)

I hope your Mom is on the mend and recovers quickly.
    I have a feeling it's allergies, and so does she. I still worry but am confident she'll be ok. FIngers crossed. Thanks.
    Last edited by acrawlingchaos; 04-02-2020 at 08:52 AM.

Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Was scheduled to give blood in 2 weeks like I have the past 10 years every 2 months, but received a called that it is cancelled because it conflicts with social distance.
    Helping one person may not change the world, but it could change the world for one person.

Misc Blood Drive: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175220881

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    What I find bizarre is how the hell do they know the actual date? In their briefing they said the next two weeks it is going to hit it's highest peak with the number of deaths hitting 180K to 200K, OK thats a projection, that can be looked at with data points. But then they followed with this crazy sh!t, NY to be hit on April 10th and California to be hit on April 15.....How the fck do they know the actual dates??

S
    On the list for Bannukah

I didn't watch or listen to any news casts today or anything related to the virus, I felt so good. I also lifted, which felt even better. Need to continue that routine and time should fly. I also have some study material coming to me.

Starting to feel in good spirits.

Finally accused of juicin Corbi's Avatar
    Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It's easy for mega millionaires to tell everyone else to stay home, not so easy for the single parent families that need to work and keep the meager paychecks some of them earn rolling in.
    "You know that little thing in your head that keeps you from saying things you shouldn't? Yeah, well, I don't have one of those."

mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Corbi View Post
    It's easy for mega millionaires to tell everyone else to stay home, not so easy for the single parent families that need to work and keep the meager paychecks some of them earn rolling in.
    Haha, yea. Can I stay at his home?

Originally Posted by mgftp View Post
    Haha, yea. Can I stay at his home?

andy0w is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) andy0w is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) andy0w is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) andy0w is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) andy0w is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) andy0w is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) andy0w is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) andy0w is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) andy0w is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) andy0w is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) andy0w is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Aldi has toilet paper and few people are buying it.

I hate shopping.

Every time I go out to mix with the masses, two days later I get a head splitting headache and freeze like hell. Feels like the flu but is usually gone after half day feeling like chit in the office.

Shopping and office down to 2 x a week.
    Cycling, walking, swimming.
    No car.

andy0w is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) andy0w is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) andy0w is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) andy0w is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) andy0w is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) andy0w is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) andy0w is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) andy0w is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) andy0w is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) andy0w is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) andy0w is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by bodyhard View Post
    What I find bizarre is how the hell do they know the actual date? In their briefing they said the next two weeks it is going to hit it's highest peak with the number of deaths hitting 180K to 200K, OK thats a projection, that can be looked at with data points. But then they followed with this crazy sh!t, NY to be hit on April 10th and California to be hit on April 15.....How the fck do they know the actual dates??

S

Do they know, or do they estimate?

Most people go crazy nowadays when you tell them it COULD rain tomorrow, the peak COULD be there on April 10.

They can't handle that. They rather hear a definite date, and then they can blame someone. Until next time.
    Cycling, walking, swimming.
    No car.

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by andy0w View Post
    Do they know, or do they estimate?

Most people go crazy nowadays when you tell them it COULD rain tomorrow, the peak COULD be there on April 10.

They can't handle that. They rather hear a definite date, and then they can blame someone. Until next time.
    By pinpointing a date it has a lot of NYers questioning if this is being strategically placed.
    On the list for Bannukah

By pinpointing a date it has a lot of NYers questioning if this is being strategically placed.
    Whatever date they give will most likely be moved and I don't believe the peak for NY is near yet

sumolgi is a name known to all. (+5000) sumolgi is a name known to all. (+5000) sumolgi is a name known to all. (+5000) sumolgi is a name known to all. (+5000) sumolgi is a name known to all. (+5000) sumolgi is a name known to all. (+5000) sumolgi is a name known to all. (+5000) sumolgi is a name known to all. (+5000) sumolgi is a name known to all. (+5000) sumolgi is a name known to all. (+5000) sumolgi is a name known to all. (+5000)

S
    It's just a statistical projection based on current data. It will change as the data changes. So basically it's just today's best guess.

Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I always look to her for advice, especially on economics and out of control contagions, MT. Don't mess with her. I need her. I gots to have her
    Helping one person may not change the world, but it could change the world for one person.

Misc Blood Drive: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175220881