js1540 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Quick Body Fat Percentage Estimate - 15% or no?

Would appreciate a body fat estimate. I'm 32 years old and new to weight lifting. Trying to figure out if I've hit 15% to start a lean bulk. Thanks all
    Attached Images

kenjoshx is just really nice. (+1000) kenjoshx is just really nice. (+1000) kenjoshx is just really nice. (+1000) kenjoshx is just really nice. (+1000) kenjoshx is just really nice. (+1000) kenjoshx is just really nice. (+1000) kenjoshx is just really nice. (+1000) kenjoshx is just really nice. (+1000) kenjoshx is just really nice. (+1000) kenjoshx is just really nice. (+1000) kenjoshx is just really nice. (+1000)
    The mind is a funny thing, I spent 10 years thinking my superior genetics/metabolism would never let me get over 12-15% bf. Last month when I measured, it was about 25%

Just measure yourself

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    The problem is that most measurement methods are horribly inaccurate.

Posting pictures is actually better. OP - like most people on this forum it seems, your problem is not bodyfat, it's just lack of muscle. Stop dieting, start gaining muscle. You don't have to pile on the weight, just eat enough to keep progress moving and limit weigh gain to under 2lbs a month.

The idea that you "have to" reach 15% before gaining mass is a deeply flawed one - you will gain muscle just fine if you are working hard. You can cut later when there is something to cut back to.

onlinejatt is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    hello i have gynecomastia. how to remove it naturally?

js1540 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    The problem is that most measurement methods are horribly inaccurate.

Posting pictures is actually better. OP - like most people on this forum it seems, your problem is not bodyfat, it's just lack of muscle. Stop dieting, start gaining muscle. You don't have to pile on the weight, just eat enough to keep progress moving and limit weigh gain to under 2lbs a month.

The idea that you "have to" reach 15% before gaining mass is a deeply flawed one - you will gain muscle just fine if you are working hard. You can cut later when there is something to cut back to.
    Thanks I appreciate it. I had indeed measured myself but, as you mentioned, wasn't confident I would be able to determine within +/- 3%. I've lost about 25 lbs already and preserved the (little) muscle I had weightlifting). Time to just work hard.