FitnessSeeker8 is not very well liked. (-100) FitnessSeeker8 is not very well liked. (-100) FitnessSeeker8 is not very well liked. (-100) FitnessSeeker8 is not very well liked. (-100) FitnessSeeker8 is not very well liked. (-100) FitnessSeeker8 is not very well liked. (-100) FitnessSeeker8 is not very well liked. (-100) FitnessSeeker8 is not very well liked. (-100) FitnessSeeker8 is not very well liked. (-100) FitnessSeeker8 is not very well liked. (-100) FitnessSeeker8 is not very well liked. (-100)

Weight loss plateau is the biggest bummer in the fat loss journey

I started with 178 lbs, TDEE at 2350, targeting 1500 calories per day. Doing strength training 4 days a week, 1-2 day cardio. Consequently started losing 1 to 1.5 lbs a weeks on average. After 6-7 weeks, I was 170 lbs. Understand might be lousy with the diet, or perhaps gained a couple of lbs of muscles.

After an additional 5 weeks of continuing on the exact same journey, the needle didn’t move a tiny bit. Researched about weight loss plateau and found tons of articles and videos online, explaining why it happens and how you could overcome it. All that metabolism adaptation, leptin deficiency and everything.

Subsequently, increased my cardio by an additional of 2 days, reduced an additional 200 calories and got further disciplined with the diet. Checked weight after 2 weeks and the needle didn’t move a tiny bit.

This is insane. How can metabolism slow down so much that even a 40% deficit isn’t enough. Weight loss plateau is completely absurd and I find it to be one of the biggest bummers in the fat loss journey.

CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by FitnessSeeker8 View Post
    I started with 178 lbs, TDEE at 2350, targeting 1500 calories per day. Doing strength training 4 days a week, 1-2 day cardio. Consequently started losing 1 to 1.5 lbs a weeks on average. After 6-7 weeks, I was 170 lbs. Understand might be lousy with the diet, or perhaps gained a couple of lbs of muscles.

After an additional 5 weeks of continuing on the exact same journey, the needle didn’t move a tiny bit. Researched about weight loss plateau and found tons of articles and videos online, explaining why it happens and how you could overcome it. All that metabolism adaptation, leptin deficiency and everything.

Subsequently, increased my cardio by an additional of 2 days, reduced an additional 200 calories and got further disciplined with the diet. Checked weight after 2 weeks and the needle didn’t move a tiny bit.

This is insane. How can metabolism slow down so much that even a 40% deficit isn’t enough. Weight loss plateau is completely absurd and I find it to be one of the biggest bummers in the fat loss journey.
    I looked at your picture on your profile. You are not eating 1300 calories a day - consistently, day in and day out - and not losing any weight. Sorry.

FitnessSeeker8 is not very well liked. (-100) FitnessSeeker8 is not very well liked. (-100) FitnessSeeker8 is not very well liked. (-100) FitnessSeeker8 is not very well liked. (-100) FitnessSeeker8 is not very well liked. (-100) FitnessSeeker8 is not very well liked. (-100) FitnessSeeker8 is not very well liked. (-100) FitnessSeeker8 is not very well liked. (-100) FitnessSeeker8 is not very well liked. (-100) FitnessSeeker8 is not very well liked. (-100) FitnessSeeker8 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by CommitmentRulz View Post
    I looked at your picture on your profile. You are not eating 1300 calories a day - consistently, day in and day out - and not losing any weight. Sorry.
    Those pics are all current. I haven’t posted any prior pics.

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Those pics are all current. I haven’t posted any prior pics.
    And?

It's very unlikely you're tracking calories correctly.
    I can tell time. Time cannot tell me.

Formerly LactoseTolerant. I'm not very imaginative.

One more thing. I almost always eat whole foods or foods that are easy to track. These are part or my diet most days:

Greek yogurt
    Whole grain bread slice
    Eggs
    Whey
    Protein bar
    Banana
    Berries
    Brown rice
    Chicken breast

I also use food scale to measure everything and use MFP. My tracking has been validated through prior weight loss regimens as well. I’ve stayed the same weight almost all my adult life so thats there too.

Harsh Truth Distributor xsquid99's Avatar
    xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    No way are you eating 1300 calories and still have room for rice/bread/protein bars in your diet while still meeting your protein and fat requirements.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    One more thing. I almost always eat whole foods or foods that are easy to track. These are part or my diet most days:

Greek yogurt
    Whole grain bread slice
    Eggs
    Whey
    Protein bar
    Banana
    Berries
    Brown rice
    Chicken breast

I also use food scale to measure everything and use MFP. My tracking has been validated through prior weight loss regimens as well. I’ve stayed the same weight almost all my adult life so thats there too.
    Yea, except when you UNDERestimate a single meal by 1000 calories... https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=178089651

I realize that you may not eat out every day, but it doesn't take many 1000 calorie mistakes to turn a deficit into maintenance. (Being surprised at taking in almost 2000 calories in one meal is a sign that your overall counting is off.)

TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    My tracking has been validated through prior weight loss regimens as well. I’ve stayed the same weight almost all my adult life so thats there too.
    Previous failure to count properly validates your current failure?

Originally Posted by xsquid99 View Post
    No way are you eating 1300 calories and still have room for rice/bread/protein bars in your diet while still meeting your protein and fat requirements.
    All of those items are not part of the diet every single day.

Originally Posted by CommitmentRulz View Post
    Yea, except when you UNDERestimate a single meal by 1000 calories...

I realize that you may not eat out every day, but it doesn't take many 1000 calorie mistakes to turn a deficit into maintenance. (Being surprised at taking in almost 2000 calories in one meal is a sign that your overall counting is off.)
    Thats further proof how vigilant I am with my tracking. If I dont see my desired result after one bad meal, I go back, post a thread here,, learn from my mistake, and adjust!

Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    Previous failure to count properly validates your current failure?
    Let me make it easy for you. I’ve been on fat loss regimens, tracked calories and lost my expected weights accordingly. Exactly how I had expected them to turn out to be.

I’ve also tracked calories, ate at maintenance level, without having been on exercise, for signifiant period of time and maintained my weight accordingly.

Thats further proof how vigilant I am with my tracking. If I dont see my desired result after one bad meal, I go back, post a thread here,, learn from my mistake, and adjust!
    You caught one mistake while missing dozens more. So here you are, wondering why you're in a weeks long stall.

bsrkoacar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bsrkoacar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bsrkoacar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bsrkoacar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bsrkoacar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bsrkoacar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bsrkoacar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bsrkoacar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bsrkoacar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bsrkoacar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bsrkoacar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You aren't calculating your calories right. It happens to everyone.. I used my fitness pal religiously but was still off 500+ calories per day.

Eat the same food, just less. Pay attention to the scale. If you aren't losing then eat less. If you are losing too fast then eat slightly more.

I've lost 25 pounds in under 3 months using this logic rather than counting calories.

If your pics in body space are up to date, then I agree, there is no way you are close to stalling. You have to be really lean before that becomes an issue. Definetly over estimating your calories.
    Last edited by bsrkoacar; 03-15-2020 at 09:23 PM.
    220-225 bodyweight @ 6'3"

1 rep max PRs
    290 bench
    500 squat
    600 deadlift
    200 OHP

5sets x 3reps PRs
    520 DL
    275 bench
    460 squat

Let me make it easy for you. I’ve been on fat loss regimens, tracked calories and lost my expected weights accordingly. Exactly how I had expected them to turn out to be.

I’ve also tracked calories, ate at maintenance level, without having been on exercise, for signifiant period of time and maintained my weight accordingly.
    So I lost 4 lbs in 3 weeks. My confusion is, I should have gained at least 2-3 lbs of muscles due to noob gains, high protein intake and a regular strength/hypertrophy workout schedule. So that means I lost 6-7 lbs of fat.

How is it possible to lost 6-7 lbs when I targeted calorie intake for losing 4.5 lbs? Does it mean I didnt gain any new muscles?

bsrkoacar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bsrkoacar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bsrkoacar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bsrkoacar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bsrkoacar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bsrkoacar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bsrkoacar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bsrkoacar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bsrkoacar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bsrkoacar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bsrkoacar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    "So I lost 4 lbs in 3 weeks. My confusion is, I should have gained at least 2-3 lbs of muscles due to noob gains, high protein intake and a regular strength/hypertrophy workout schedule. So that means I lost 6-7 lbs of fat."

You don't gain 2-3 pounds of muscle in 3 weeks even with noob gains. you would be very lucky to achieve that in 4-6 months under perfect circumstances. 2-3 pounds is what a lot of people with top tier genetics gain in a year.

"How is it possible to lost 6-7 lbs when I targeted calorie intake for losing 4.5 lbs? Does it mean I didnt gain any new muscles?"

Some Could be water weight. Not all weight lossed is 100% fat. I can lose 10+ pounds my first week of dieting simply by dropping my carb intake. Mostly all glycogen and water.

Don't over think it man. Just work out hard and eat healthy. Watch the scale. Weigh your self every morning and write down your weight each morning and take a weekly average. Compare your averages week after week to accurately gauge weight loss. It is possible to gain muscle and lose fat as a noob. But that comes with months of consistant hard work and progressive overload
    220-225 bodyweight @ 6'3"

1 rep max PRs
    290 bench
    500 squat
    600 deadlift
    200 OHP

5sets x 3reps PRs
    520 DL
    275 bench
    460 squat

XinXom is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XinXom is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XinXom is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XinXom is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XinXom is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XinXom is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XinXom is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XinXom is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XinXom is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XinXom is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XinXom is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Drop cals you are either miss counting or not the solution is the same eat less.

Train hard play harder Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Let ME make it easy for YOU. A 5 week plateau means you are not in a deficit. You can kick and scream and argue all you want however it doesn't change things.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough