Hope2lose is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Angry 48 years old, 350 pounds with bad knees

In 2017 I worked on high protein diet and went from 330 to 299 and then had a desk job and now I am 350 pounds, 48 years old with both bad knees, living a very sedentary life style, no motivation, divorced, in a bad state of mind of " why bother". But wants to change all that and get into shape by my 49th birthday in one year from now. I need motivational help , not programs. I need a group to workout together instead of doing it alone or at home looking at videos. I tried that for as many time but nothing happened. I am not sure will anyone respond to this or help me out in a real way instead of trying to sell me their stuff ? I am beginner and I need motivation.
    Attached Images

wj72wc is not very well liked. (-100) wj72wc is not very well liked. (-100) wj72wc is not very well liked. (-100) wj72wc is not very well liked. (-100) wj72wc is not very well liked. (-100) wj72wc is not very well liked. (-100) wj72wc is not very well liked. (-100) wj72wc is not very well liked. (-100) wj72wc is not very well liked. (-100) wj72wc is not very well liked. (-100) wj72wc is not very well liked. (-100)
    Try online..."find work out groups near me'...or something similar. Hope this is at least a start for you.

BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Hope2lose View Post
    In 2017 I worked on high protein diet and went from 330 to 299 and then had a desk job and now I am 350 pounds, 48 years old with both bad knees, living a very sedentary life style, no motivation, divorced, in a bad state of mind of " why bother". But wants to change all that and get into shape by my 49th birthday in one year from now. I need motivational help , not programs. I need a group to workout together instead of doing it alone or at home looking at videos. I tried that for as many time but nothing happened. I am not sure will anyone respond to this or help me out in a real way instead of trying to sell me their stuff ? I am beginner and I need motivation.
    It all starts with mindset. Be aware this will not be an easy task and will need commitment. Commitment means sticking with it and making it a habit even when you don’t want to.

I would re-evaluate why you feel you need a group to work out with. Is the motivation to become a better person not good enough?

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I am not sure will anyone respond to this or help me out in a real way instead of trying to sell me their stuff ? I am beginner and I need motivation.
    Motivation cannot be given or taken. You have it or you don't. What's more, motivation is irrelevant. Do you go to work because you're motivated or because you have to? Brush your teeth? Eat? Find your reason as to why this is necessary and stick to it. Don't put this on anyone else.
    I can tell time. Time cannot tell me.

Formerly LactoseTolerant. I'm not very imaginative.

XinXom is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XinXom is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XinXom is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XinXom is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XinXom is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XinXom is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XinXom is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XinXom is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XinXom is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XinXom is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XinXom is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    The good news is losing weight is easy when you are bigger and watching it fall off is a nice reward when you can do something as simple as cut out the pop/ junk. Do it because you feel like crap i was up there and I cannot believe how much better I already feel just getting under 300. Get in a habit of walking and counting calories and a little lifting. Good luck.

wj72wc is not very well liked. (-100) wj72wc is not very well liked. (-100) wj72wc is not very well liked. (-100) wj72wc is not very well liked. (-100) wj72wc is not very well liked. (-100) wj72wc is not very well liked. (-100) wj72wc is not very well liked. (-100) wj72wc is not very well liked. (-100) wj72wc is not very well liked. (-100) wj72wc is not very well liked. (-100) wj72wc is not very well liked. (-100)
    I'm in between other posts. No, motivation doesn't make you go to work. If you don't go to work, you lose your job, and therefore, income.

However, it's difficult to achieve personal goals without motivation. I performed better against competition, which most people do. But, probably 50% of the training time I was alone. You "practice" with the team, then individually you're lifting weights, running, wind sprints, all that stuff. Without motivation, pretty difficult to get where you want to be.

Right now, I'd set one goal. Just three numbers..299. When you get to 299, reevaluate. Best of luck.

CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by wj72wc View Post
    I'm in between other posts. No, motivation doesn't make you go to work. If you don't go to work, you lose your job, and therefore, income..
    And at 350 pounds and a bad state of mind, if OP doesn't man up and do something about his health, he'll die early.

I get your point, but OP needs to decide to do it, then do it. (And a goal of 299 is a great start.)

snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by zolotikhin View Post
    Swimming burns as many calories as running but without the impact on your joints.
    op needs to work on diet, first and foremost. With some simple changes and swapping out certain food and drink choices
    Insta is username snails.r.us

Ukiyo3k is not very helpful. (-500) Ukiyo3k is not very helpful. (-500) Ukiyo3k is not very helpful. (-500) Ukiyo3k is not very helpful. (-500) Ukiyo3k is not very helpful. (-500) Ukiyo3k is not very helpful. (-500) Ukiyo3k is not very helpful. (-500) Ukiyo3k is not very helpful. (-500) Ukiyo3k is not very helpful. (-500) Ukiyo3k is not very helpful. (-500) Ukiyo3k is not very helpful. (-500)
    I need a group to workout together instead of doing it alone or at home looking at videos.
    You need to stop eating.