cupcake1007 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Can you Lean out while gaining muscle?

Does it have to be one or the other? I do a weight lifting program 4 times a week plus cardio most days a week (sometimes I do yoga or core workouts instead of cardio). I started working out at 118, gained to 136 unintentionally (I was not lifting particularly- doing beach body programs like 21 day fix and T25 that focus on endurance vs muscle building). I got down to 128-130 but cannot lose the last few pounds to get back to my goal which is about 124. I know the scale is not the whole picture but I workout at home alone so it’s hard to ignore it completely. My thighs have definitely gotten bigger (but yay my waist is smaller). I would love to tighten up the remaining jiggle I have without losing muscle. I hesitate to focus too much on my diet (I eat mostly healthy without counting calories or tracking macros- I know there’s space to clean up my diet but not sure I will). I guess I’m mostly wondering why I can’t shed those few extra pounds. And, if it could really be all muscle (I definitely have put on quite a bit) and that’s why I can’t lose any more pounds on the scale? Then again I’d be happy just to shed the jiggly spots in my thighs and lower belly.

What to do? Probably throw out my scale I’m guessing?! It’s just hard to track progress otherwise.

hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The simple reason you aren't shedding those last few lbs is because once you become to the stage of lean 'cleaning up your diet' is simply not enough you will need to count calories.

Therefore my advice if you want to lose the last few pounds would be to record how many calories you are eating at your current amount for a week and then deduct around 300 calories.

After that just keep progressing with the weights. Weight training is the main exercise you will need if you are looking for positive body composition as you need to maintain or even build muscle to produce the physique most people are after. Cardio is fine but weights first cardio second.

All advice on nutrition can be found here:-

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=173439001

As for training program I have no idea what equipment you have so I will leave that unless more info is provided.

Harsh Truth Distributor xsquid99's Avatar
    xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ^^^^ That right there.

"Clean" doesn't mean anything if you're still eating more calories than you're burning each day. Its just a matter of lowering your calories further until the weight comes off.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.