Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Really loving this ride

I am learning a lot about my Corvette, also found out it is rated the #1 car that has the most deaths in it, and the number 1 reason is the driver. It's like they think they are a better driver due to the performance of the car and they get over confident and crash, kind of sad really....I put my car in Track mode, gave it gas and holy fck! The back almost went in front of me!!

Anyway, here is a recent pic of my baby

Here is a pic of my now two convertibles, I still love my Spyder, it is a 2002, I purchased it in 2001 and only has 67K miles on it!
    On the list for Bannukah

Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Johnny, great car. Can you tell the difference in power and power delivery in the Vette compared to your Camaro?
    Helping one person may not change the world, but it could change the world for one person.

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Mark1T View Post
    Johnny, great car. Can you tell the difference in power and power delivery in the Vette compared to your Camaro?
    Thank you, yes by far I can feel and tell the difference. The Camaro "felt" heavier and took longer to accelerate and when it did I kind of felt like I was floating it also was louder and felt stronger. The vette takes off with ease and it accelerates way faster than the Camaro and I feel more grounded and in control but the back wheels want to swing out much more than the Camaro.

Originally Posted by -=FLEX=- View Post
    It's a relatively light car with decent power. The rear end wants to swing out when you stomp on it. Be careful.

I took mine out of storage on Saturday but put it back last night. We had some nice weather on the weekend but it got cold again.

Remember those temps have a big effect on grip. Also you asked me about the tires skipping you can really hear it in this vid.

Here's a vid of me pulling it out of storage Saturday afternoon:

Dully noted!

I am at work now so can't view the video will do when I get out.
    On the list for Bannukah

Yeah I heard it, you drive it pretty fast, I drive it so slow you think an old lady was behind the wheel. I dont like that sound feels like something is getting messed up.
    On the list for Bannukah

ImBunky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ImBunky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ImBunky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ImBunky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ImBunky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ImBunky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ImBunky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ImBunky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ImBunky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ImBunky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ImBunky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What was the temp out? Performance tires lose traction quick getting down around 45 degrees or so.

Maybe you can get it to a track where you can push the limit in safer conditions. We have a really nice road course about an hour west, unfortunately convertible need a roll cage to get on it.

x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Late to the party but congrats on obtaining your dream car!
    Things are really looking up for you since about 6 months ago, well done.
    I have to know, what is the fastest that you have taken it so far?
    I hit 120 mph on 95 North in my VW GTI some years back and even though i had lowered and tuned it i was scared chittless.
    There is an unspoken thing, we are iron brothers and sisters, we are to support each other and...It is our duty to support our brothers and sisters in the iron game!

dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Also you asked me about the tires skipping you can really hear it in this vid.
    Firstly - wow that looks and sounds amazing pulling out of that garage!

could the Tyre skipping noise be related to AckermanN Steering Geometry? I had exactly same thing on my Audi S5

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ackerm...ering_geometry
    Instagram - @dazlittle123

dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    As this is now a car thread!! I'm currently baby sitting my fathers big cat (British racing green XKR)

Had to take her out for a quick blast at the weekend, just to stretch her legs!!!

Instagram - @dazlittle123

Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by dazlittle View Post
    As this is now a car thread!! I'm currently baby sitting my fathers big cat (British racing green XKR)

Had to take her out for a quick blast at the weekend, just to stretch her legs!!!
    Fine looking Jag, daz.

Thanks. It's mostly stock but I have a ported throttle body, AFE intake and Borla X-pipe with secondary cat delete. Sounds just a bit more aggressive than stock, without being obnoxious (like my Charger).
    Flex, you think the AFE intake and Borla X-pipe added from 10 to 20hp+? So, you might have up to 675hp?
    Helping one person may not change the world, but it could change the world for one person.

Not sure on overall HP gains but with 650 stock it'd be hard to notice an extra 20-30 or whatever. I think Most aftermarket intakes claim 30-50 HP on the Z06 and I dunno about the reality of that. Same with the PTB and same with the Borla X-pipe; they all claim 20-30 more HP. And yes I know you can't just add it all together; it just doesn't work like that. Maybe I will throw it on the dyno one day I dunno.

Anyway, the main reason I did it was for the off-idle lag these cars (manual transmission Z06) have. I have the manual 7 speed and stock they bog heavily at low idle. It's woke the fukk up now! Instant throttle response, even at low rpms.
    I love that sound, man. I saw a black on black 2019 Zo6 C7 some days ago and I wanted it.

The more I look at the C8, the more I think they over-did it with too many angles. I saw some renderings from last year that looked a lot better and they were smoother and less busy. I respect the performance, though.

ImBunky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ImBunky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ImBunky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ImBunky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ImBunky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ImBunky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ImBunky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ImBunky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ImBunky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ImBunky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ImBunky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My dream car is a Ford GT, I am sure that I will never own one of those.

Would love a Vet, but probably never get one. Though, had I cashed out before the stock market drop I could have purchase one with what are now losses. Glad I bought my Ghibli and made some other big purchases last year, or that money would have been in the market as well.

Originally Posted by ImBunky View Post
    What was the temp out? Performance tires lose traction quick getting down around 45 degrees or so.

Maybe you can get it to a track where you can push the limit in safer conditions. We have a really nice road course about an hour west, unfortunately convertible need a roll cage to get on it.
    Ohhh it had to be like 25 degrees its freezing over here right now.

Originally Posted by x-trainer ben View Post
    Late to the party but congrats on obtaining your dream car!
    Things are really looking up for you since about 6 months ago, well done.
    I have to know, what is the fastest that you have taken it so far?
    I hit 120 mph on 95 North in my VW GTI some years back and even though i had lowered and tuned it i was scared chittless.
    The fastest so far lol is 50mph and that was when I brought it home from long island which was an hour out. However on my Camaro I hit 135mph and wow that was a rush!!

Originally Posted by dazlittle View Post

Nice looking car!!

Would love a Vet, but probably never get one. Though, had I cashed out before the stock market drop I could have purchase one with what are now losses. Glad I bought my Ghibli and made some other big purchases last year, or that money would have been in the market as well.
    Why won't you ever get the Ford GT?
    On the list for Bannukah

Probably because a new one costs about $500k. LOL.
    Yep, even the the 2005's that originally went for around $100K are going for $300K - $350K.

x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It is from that movie Ford vs. Ferrari
    There is an unspoken thing, we are iron brothers and sisters, we are to support each other and...It is our duty to support our brothers and sisters in the iron game!

And that is the base price. Easily $600K+ with options.

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Just steal one and re-spray it matt black so nobody will recognize it, that nearly worked for this guy, maybe you'd have better luck?
    https://www.thedrive.com/news/13109/...d-gt40-replica

Originally Posted by OldFartTom View Post
    Just steal one and re-spray it matt black so nobody will recognize it, that nearly worked for this guy, maybe you'd have better luck?
    https://www.thedrive.com/news/13109/...d-gt40-replica
    Should have gone with camo.

Holy sh!t!!

John I know you are nuts about shoes, you should get yourself a pair of these Piloti Corvette driving shoes in the traditional Grand Sport colors (Red White and Blue):

Those are fire! I did not know they sell Corvette sneaker
    On the list for Bannukah

Hawaiianwargod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hawaiianwargod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hawaiianwargod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hawaiianwargod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hawaiianwargod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hawaiianwargod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hawaiianwargod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hawaiianwargod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hawaiianwargod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hawaiianwargod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hawaiianwargod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by bodyhard View Post
    Holy sh!t!!

Those are fire! I did not know they sell Corvette sneaker
    They make that sneakers very comfortable to wear just in case your vette breakdown on the road and you have to walk to your destination. LOL!

Just kidding. Nice kicks though. I'll sport it but don't have a Vette. Don't want to be a poser.
    Just because you're breathing doesn't mean you're living-life!

CaptChip40 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CaptChip40 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CaptChip40 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CaptChip40 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CaptChip40 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CaptChip40 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CaptChip40 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CaptChip40 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CaptChip40 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CaptChip40 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CaptChip40 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Casual Friday: I wore them to the office today:

Clean desk is a sign of sick mind.
    Semper Fi.

Just play the cards you are dealt and STFU.

champ07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) champ07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) champ07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) champ07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) champ07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) champ07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) champ07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) champ07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) champ07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) champ07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) champ07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The morale of this story folks is if you’re asking how to drive a manual transmission or a scooter at the age of 49 - 50 don’t buy a Corvette. Get rid of that car OP. You’re either gonna go off the road in that thing or run some pedestrian or pedestrians over. Also quite possibly go through the wall of an establishment. Any ground level trains in your area? Another possibility.
    True genius is often shown in elegant simplicity .

champ07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) champ07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) champ07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) champ07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) champ07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) champ07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) champ07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) champ07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) champ07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) champ07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) champ07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Yo *******, how about you shut the **** up?

9 years of adding nothing to this forum.

You should go now.

Yo fathead how about you shut the fuk and stop acting like this place is your personal sandbox.

drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Not sure on overall HP gains but with 650 stock it'd be hard to notice an extra 20-30 or whatever. I think Most aftermarket intakes claim 30-50 HP on the Z06 and I dunno about the reality of that. Same with the PTB and same with the Borla X-pipe; they all claim 20-30 more HP. And yes I know you can't just add it all together; it just doesn't work like that. Maybe I will throw it on the dyno one day I dunno.

Anyway, the main reason I did it was for the off-idle lag these cars (manual transmission Z06) have. I have the manual 7 speed and stock they bog heavily at low idle. It's woke the fukk up now! Instant throttle response, even at low rpms.
    Your car is so lite that's like 40-50 hp on the charger.
    B: 285
    S: 375
    D: 555

Originally Posted by Hawaiianwargod View Post
    They make that sneakers very comfortable to wear just in case your vette breakdown on the road and you have to walk to your destination. LOL!

Just kidding. Nice kicks though. I'll sport it but don't have a Vette. Don't want to be a poser.
    LOL, my Spyder cost me 29K back in 2001 never broke down on me once, if this vette ever breaks down on me I will scream bloody murder!

Casual Friday: I wore them to the office today:

Yo I have 3 monitors as well

Seriously thinking of getting me a pair or two.
    On the list for Bannukah

LOL...I barely even post in here.
    You sure about that?

anonymous
    The stingray comes with PSS tires? My OEM p4s stood no chance with @700 whp, can you fit wider/gripper tires on it?

anonymous
    He bought a Grand Sport, not a Stingray. It should come with the Michelin Sport Cup 2 tires.
    They're already pretty wide aren't they? I assume it's the same width as the z06 so theres not much more you can do at that point.

Wish I could have fitted 335s on mine lol

anonymous
    Grand Sport and Z06 are same.

285 up front and 335 out back.
    Those are some serious tires. I have the OEM 275 rears on my fronts and 305 r compounds on the back. I'd imagine the cup sport 2 are at least as sticky as my 888rs and sound like a better ride too

anonymous
    NO **** they are some big-ass tires.

On my Charger I have 275s up front and 315s out back. The Z06 is a much smaller car with wider tires all around. It looks badass.
    yeah I love the way it looks from the back, my boss has one in all black and it's a beast.

Some guys on my mustang forum manged to fit 335s on their cars but my rears are only 11 inches so that would be silly

Powerlifting in disguise induced_drag's Avatar
    induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Fun cars are fun.......until something breaks!

Started having 3rd gear skipping issues. Was at shop diagnosing this morning. It has a manual trans that is electronically operated. Shares same transmission with Lamborghini Gallardo. Code has to get sent to Germany and there is some tweaking they can do. 34k miles. Unfortunately, looks like I might have bigger issues and wont be fixed with coding. Trans will either need to be replaced or rebuilt. Both are pretty high ticket items. (trans alone is 24k)

Was planning on selling this spring and shopping for a new toy...but Corona might not make it a good time to sell. (although it would be a good time to buy!) Have to sell this though before I go shopping for something else.

Think I am just going to fix and enjoy for a while longer. Thinking about fixing it myself even. I have rebuilt turbine engines and gearboxes, how hard can a manal trans be? If things slow down a ton with this Corona, I will have the time on my hands.

RAW lifts
    635 Dead http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mATRBZ0gwdg
    585x7 Dead reps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yf2ZkdNNNQ
    420 Bench (paused) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ2_Q-TLIB8
    535 Squat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdgVaiTi4-8&feature=youtu.be