Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    snailsrus has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snailsrus has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snailsrus has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snailsrus has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snailsrus has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snailsrus has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snailsrus has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snailsrus has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snailsrus has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snailsrus has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snailsrus has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by EliKoehn View Post
    Nice, you're probably the only one who didn't gain during the lockdown
    I normally eat out a lot and that stopped and did more cardio
    Insta is username snails.r.us

Unstoppable & Drugfree charlievanriper's Avatar
    charlievanriper is a name known to all. (+5000) charlievanriper is a name known to all. (+5000) charlievanriper is a name known to all. (+5000) charlievanriper is a name known to all. (+5000) charlievanriper is a name known to all. (+5000) charlievanriper is a name known to all. (+5000) charlievanriper is a name known to all. (+5000) charlievanriper is a name known to all. (+5000) charlievanriper is a name known to all. (+5000) charlievanriper is a name known to all. (+5000) charlievanriper is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Chasing 15 reps now
    225x12 failed at 13 but that will come next attempt

PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP A TRUE AMERICAN

FOR ALL YOU THAT ARE EASILY DISAPOINTED AND OR OFFENDED ....

I DONT GIVE A DAM WHAT YOU WANT, WHAT YOU LIKE, WHAT YOU FEEL OR HOW YOU FEEL

I am 62 yrs old a Conservative, Trump Loving Anti Abortion Christian Man, I lift heavy ass weight, Own and Support Gun Ownership rights and do whatever I choose to do. So take that and love and Embrace it or shove it up your Ass thank you...

[url]https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177852771[/url]

asrl78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) asrl78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    None. I can't even rep half that.

PhillyEagles9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhillyEagles9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhillyEagles9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhillyEagles9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhillyEagles9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhillyEagles9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhillyEagles9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhillyEagles9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhillyEagles9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhillyEagles9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhillyEagles9 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    22 is my personal best

Unstoppable & Drugfree charlievanriper's Avatar
    charlievanriper is a name known to all. (+5000) charlievanriper is a name known to all. (+5000) charlievanriper is a name known to all. (+5000) charlievanriper is a name known to all. (+5000) charlievanriper is a name known to all. (+5000) charlievanriper is a name known to all. (+5000) charlievanriper is a name known to all. (+5000) charlievanriper is a name known to all. (+5000) charlievanriper is a name known to all. (+5000) charlievanriper is a name known to all. (+5000) charlievanriper is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by PhillyEagles9 View Post
    22 is my personal best
    Right lol I just rocked 29
    PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP A TRUE AMERICAN

FOR ALL YOU THAT ARE EASILY DISAPOINTED AND OR OFFENDED ....

I DONT GIVE A DAM WHAT YOU WANT, WHAT YOU LIKE, WHAT YOU FEEL OR HOW YOU FEEL

I am 62 yrs old a Conservative, Trump Loving Anti Abortion Christian Man, I lift heavy ass weight, Own and Support Gun Ownership rights and do whatever I choose to do. So take that and love and Embrace it or shove it up your Ass thank you...

[url]https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177852771[/url]

MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    So, 10@7 with a clean pause.

The bar started to slow so on 10th rep I stopped.. Given how my bench usually goes, I estimate I had 3 more in the tank. (I'm usually pretty Damn accurate) and zero need to go any closer to f.

Doubt I'd get any more tng tho I never train it.
    FMH crew T-Rex.

EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by charlievanriper View Post
    Right lol I just rocked 29
    Originally Posted by MyEgoProblem View Post
    So, 10@7 with a clean pause.

The bar started to slow so on 10th rep I stopped.. Given how my bench usually goes, I estimate I had 3 more in the tank. (I'm usually pretty Damn accurate) and zero need to go any closer to f.

Doubt I'd get any more tng tho ������ I never train it.
    You went from 10 reps to 29 in hardly over a month?

@Ego, why didn't you try to go to failure just to see?
    Bench: 315
    Squat: 315
    Deadlift: 475

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

HenchManlet is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Im at 105kg for 6 reps @8. With 225lbs Id say probably 8 reps, minimal arch medium grip width with a convincing pause 9 reps would be 50/50
    Eat Pizza and hit rep PRs
    The Intermediate Life
    80kg Lean @ 5'7"

Training Log - https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=179017281

MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You went from 10 reps to 29 in hardly over a month?

@Ego, why didn't you try to go to failure just to see?
    Given the state of my shoulder joint* and that I'm on a roll right now, stringing together the longest consistent amount of injury free training time in years.

Add how laser accurate my Rpe rating is It didn't seem either worth the risk or necessary.
    Especially as I have a peak and meet planned for Oct 18th and its not worth ****ing up my stellar programming with extra reps and fatigue that won't give me any appropriate stimulus.

*unrepaired grade 2 ac seperation, unrepaired cc issue too. And if it goes I'm out for weeks in the very best case scenario, to months again.
    FMH crew T-Rex.

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Given the state of my shoulder joint* and that I'm on a roll right now, stringing together the longest consistent amount of injury free training time in years.

Add how laser accurate my Rpe rating is It didn't seem either worth the risk or necessary.
    Especially as I have a peak and meet planned for Oct 18th and its not worth ****ing up my stellar programming with extra reps and fatigue that won't give me any appropriate stimulus.

*unrepaired grade 2 ac seperation, unrepaired cc issue too. And if it goes I'm out for weeks in the very best case scenario, to months again.
    I guess you could say that generally RPE is correlated to max effort just like a certain percentage of your 1rm is termed in variable reps to a certain depth with a reliable formula.

Kinda obvious I imagine, but I haven't really ever heard of an definitive connection between limited RPE and a guesstimated 1rm too much.

EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Originally Posted by GeneralSerpant View Post
    I guess you could say that generally RPE is correlated to max effort just like a certain percentage of your 1rm is termed in variable reps to a certain depth with a reliable formula.

Kinda obvious I imagine, but I haven't really ever heard of an definitive connection between limited RPE and a guesstimated 1rm too much.
    I mean, it's a fair point and certainly nothing to shame someone for if they're injury prone and want to avoid taking that risk, but still I wouldn't claim anything until I've actually done it. For instance 225 for 12 is supposed to correlate to 315 for one, but I could consistently get the twelve for half a year before I got the 315 for one, after many failed attempts.

I am having second thoughts about claiming the 315 right now, since I haven't been able to get it again during this cut I'm on, but I'm losing fat very successfully so there is certainly a deficit in place... not sure if it's generally fair to claim a PR as valid while you're cutting.

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by GeneralSerpant View Post

5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I mean, it's a fair point and certainly nothing to shame someone for if they're injury prone and want to avoid taking that risk, but still I wouldn't claim anything until I've actually done it. For instance 225 for 12 is supposed to correlate to 315 for one, but I could consistently get the twelve for half a year before I got the 315 for one, after many failed attempts.

I am having second thoughts about claiming the 315 right now, since I haven't been able to get it again during this cut I'm on, but I'm losing fat very successfully so there is certainly a deficit in place... not sure if it's generally fair to claim a PR as valid while you're cutting.
    If you got 315, you got it. It's your PR. Doesn't vanish because you can't hit it right now.
    5 day full body crew

If you practice with rpe... You will see how easy and accurate it is to determine how many reps you had left. It's really not a new concept at all (studies show even novices can be accurate to 1rep at rpe 6)

There is no shame in not being kinesthetically aware enough of your reps and bar speed to not get this or be able to do it. Or never actually practiced it, Its a developed skill.

At very worst id have missed 1/2 way up on rep 12. At best, I'd have hit 14 for a real grinder.
    But Given the bar speed only dropped slightly from rep 1 to rep 10 after I blew a set of 130 up.

And I wouldnt say Injury prone per say.. just that I have half the ligaments in my shoulder joint than I used to or that others do from a none lifting related incident years ago and see no point in a rep max to failure that will give me Litterally no more adaptive stimulus than what I did, Won't make my D, my wallet or my total bigger.

Tldr.
    surely you all can tell if you have 2reps in the tank if your past novice? Or at least one?.... If not I have no idea what yall been upto
    Last edited by MyEgoProblem; 09-23-2020 at 11:25 AM.
    FMH crew T-Rex.

If you practice with rpe... You will see how easy and accurate it is to determine how many reps you had left. It's really not a new concept at all (studies show even novices can be accurate to 1rep at rpe 6)

There is no shame in not being kinesthetically aware enough of your reps and bar speed to not get this or be able to do it. Or never actually practiced it, Its a developed skill.

At very worst id have missed 1/2 way up on rep 12. At best, I'd have hit 14 for a real grinder.
    But Given the bar speed only dropped slightly from rep 1 to rep 10 after I blew a set of 130 up.

And I wouldnt say Injury prone per say.. just that I have half the ligaments in my shoulder joint than I used to or that others do from a none lifting related incident years ago and see no point in a rep max to failure that will give me Litterally no more adaptive stimulus than what I did, Won't make my D, my wallet or my total bigger.

Tldr.
    surely you all can tell if you have 2reps in the tank if your past novice? Or at least one?.... If not I have no idea what yall been upto
    Well, specificity is a thing, of course. You become neurologically more efficient at certain reps as you practice in that range. Doesn't mean you can hit everything else of analogous difficulty on paper without actually doing it. Maybe I'm not understanding what you mean by practicing with RPE, though.

Also you very well might have had an accurate sense of two or three reps left and a very good reason for not attempting them, just saying I really don't think someone can claim that unless they actually did it. And if it was going to injure you, then could you really do it?

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by WolfRose7 View Post
    [img]https://articles.reactivetrainingsystems.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/E1RM-TABLE.png[/img]
    Honestly I wasn't quite sure why I said that that way right after I posted it and didn't have time to edit discreetly. Nonetheless I couldn't wrap my head around it and this is pretty illuminating.

You're in a league of your own lol.

Really I just ran an 8x8 standing OHP for strength for what feels like a number of months. By the time I got to the peak my weight on the first set alone seemed like a higher 1rm max than the entire volume at when I started. It's so hyperbolic though that there was no real way to tell where my 1rm was from there. I personally doubt my 1rm was really at where people were suggesting when I made a thread about it as it didn't take much more weight to get intimidating, but then again that might just have to do with higher intensity training adaptation too.

Well, specificity is a thing, of course. You become neurologically more efficient at certain reps as you practice in that range. Doesn't mean you can hit everything else of analogous difficulty on paper without actually doing it. Maybe I'm not understanding what you mean by practicing with RPE, though.

Also you very well might have had an accurate sense of two or three reps left and a very good reason for not attempting them, just saying I really don't think someone can claim that unless they actually did it. And if it was going to injure you, then could you really do it?
    I get your point in terms of claim weight via Erm.

But say I did 5 reps @8. I could have done 7, or it wasn't @8 and wouldn't be logged as such, I don't need to go to 7 to state that.
    So stating 5@8 is the same as stating 7@10.

I hit 110 x 1@8 bench this week, unquestionably I could have hit 3 reps, it made zero sense to do training wise because to much fatigue for reward, but that doesn't turn my @8 single into an @10 because I called it early. And it doesn't make my max 110 (at that time) because it clearly isn't.

I won't claim I've lifted 117 - 120, but I can freely claim a 110 3rm. At that time based in that day.
    5 day full body crew

No doubt I could have done them. But i didn't actually claim to have done them. I only claimed the 10 I did before reracking.

The pain never starts right away.. The next day tho.. I'd potentially not been able to reach my ass with my right hand lol without agony.

By practice, I mean I rate Litterally rep of every set I do, that's not a warmup..
    I (when not prepping for a meet) do take sets to closer f and to failure for some stuff. I just don't fight reps anymore than I'm not sure I'll get on bench. Just rn I can't risk ****ing up.

I know what a max feels like, I also know how my bar slows down approaching a max or miss.

Mid set. Say an amrap to tech failure.
    Do a rep, I'll rate the rpe
    So another.. Rate it.
    Rep. Rate it @7/3rir

Then I'll 'prove it' by taking the set close to f (technical failure) when I know the next won't go up and rating each rep. Vvveerrryy rarely will I be more than 0.5rpe out these days.
    FMH crew T-Rex.