SlavchoCakar1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Flavoured vs Unflavoured Whey Protein (which one to get?)

Hello,

So i'm 17 years old and i started lifting 5 months ago...Got some progress, i'm happy with it.. But now i want to get some Whey to go along with my diet and increase my protein intake...My parents and also some posts i read online have got me thinking whether i should get flavoured whey...What are your thought on this, will long term use of artificial sweetners (like Acesulfame Potassium and Suclarose) have any side effects...Is it a safer bet getting a unflavoured one?? Keep in mind that taste isn't my main priority here. Also the only option for unflavoured whey in my country is MyProtein Impact Whey Unflavoured and if i got flavoured one i would get the ON Gold Standard Whey. Opinions and experiences (from someone who's used whey for a longer period of time) would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Location: Manchester, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Makes zero difference but if you’re concerned over sweeteners (no need to be) just eat a bit more and get your protein that way.
    Strong & Unstable

Subscribe to my YouTube! getbigordie18's Avatar
    getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000)

Artificial sweeteners info

Originally Posted by SlavchoCakar1 View Post
    Hello,

So i'm 17 years old and i started lifting 5 months ago...Got some progress, i'm happy with it.. But now i want to get some Whey to go along with my diet and increase my protein intake...My parents and also some posts i read online have got me thinking whether i should get flavoured whey...What are your thought on this, will long term use of artificial sweetners (like Acesulfame Potassium and Suclarose) have any side effects...Is it a safer bet getting a unflavoured one?? Keep in mind that taste isn't my main priority here. Also the only option for unflavoured whey in my country is MyProtein Impact Whey Unflavoured and if i got flavoured one i would get the ON Gold Standard Whey. Opinions and experiences (from someone who's used whey for a longer period of time) would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
    Either way it is going to contain an artificial sweetener. However, artificial sweeteners are not dangerous unless you are taking it in EXTREME excess.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94fe6xvYbVY
    Follow my Powerlifting and Bodybuilding Journey on Instagram derock5996
    Eat clean and train hard and keep it natural!
    -USAPL Powerlifter in the 93KG weight class

I can do this all day Farley1324's Avatar
    Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by SlavchoCakar1 View Post
    Hello,

Thanks in advance
    What is your bodyweight and how many grams of protein are you getting each day from your current diet? If you can't answer that accurately, you aren't ready to buy supplements anyway.

When you turn 18 and start buying supplements, flavor is good. Chicken and chocolate milk can taste pretty good...