zRibs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zRibs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zRibs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zRibs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zRibs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zRibs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zRibs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zRibs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zRibs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zRibs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zRibs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

8 Week Keto (CKD) Shred Log

Today starts my 8 week shred. Along with this, this is my first post on here. Figured if I’m gonna do this, rather as log everything to hold me accountable. A little about me, I’ve been lifting for almost 6 years. Have a respectable amount of muscle mass. Have done multiple cuts/bulks. This bulk I started very lean, and felt there was no need to become a fatass (thankful I did this). Anyways I’d like to shred down once again. Reason I’m following keto, I feel it is easy for me to sustain, as I am not nearly as hungry on it. I will be cycling carbs every weekend after 2 weeks. So week 1, I will not be doing a refeed. Week 2 I’ll be introducing it, and doing it for the following weeks. This is for replenishing glycogen, and also helps me stay on track. I will not weigh myself the first week, as water weight will be a huge drop. After week 1, I will begin weighing myself. My goal is to get to around 7-8 percent body fat. I’m running a decent sized deficit, so I should be seeing results relatively fast. I prefer more aggressive approaches to dieting, and find I adhere to them better (it’s odd). Also 8 weeks is just a number, I have a feeling I’ll hit it faster, but only time will tell.

My stats:
    5’ 11”
    200lbs
    13% BF
    20 years old.
    Very active (20-30k steps average a day)

Keto Plan:
    2300 cals
    C: 29g
    P: 201g
    F: 153g

(I prefer a tad higher protein)

Lifting:
    I do Push/Pull/Legs then a rest day. So I do 3 days on 1 day off, then repeat that cycle. No cardio, as stated I’m very active.

Anyways if you guys have questions lmk. I will be posting daily. I will release photos at the end. Enjoy the log fellas.

Some recent photos, they aren't the same day btw. They are a day apart. May have taken them on the day that complimented that particular bodypart.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by zRibs; 03-07-2020 at 08:32 AM.

zRibs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zRibs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zRibs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zRibs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zRibs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zRibs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zRibs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zRibs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zRibs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zRibs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zRibs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    3/7:

First day went well, about to have my last meal. Will be just under 2,300 cals. As expected hunger wasn't really there. Training went well, I expect this taper off throughout the week until my refeed. I used to try to go heavy all the time, recently switched over to higher reps and supersetting. Personally prefer this training style, and feel low carb dieting fits it well. Once again no weigh-ins the first week. Cravings came and went, I feel the hardest part of keto is cravings in the beginning... They do subside for me, usually takes a few days. Coffee tends to hit the spot and kill them. Decaff at night with pounding water. So far so good. Also my food choices as of right now. Bacon, cheese, lean cut of steaks, mayo, eggs/egg-whites, tuna, avocado, peppers, different greens, and a few others. This usually changes quite a bit, I like trying new foods as these can get boring.

3/8:

Second day coming to an end... sort of lol. This morning, holy crap.. I was craving some damn carbs. Went for a fasted walk to get my mind off of it. Got home and made up some bacon with cheese, boom. Cravings and hunger gone. Altogether I'm noticing sperts of cravings, as expected. Next few days they will die down. Again very active today, and training went well. Starting to see a little less fullness, and slowly getting a little more fatigued at the end of my workouts (nothing crazy). The high reps, supersetting style definitely depletes you that's for damn sure.. Starting to notice a little more definition in the mirror, especially around the waist. This is from the lack of carbs (water retention). Gives a more tighter look. Altogether enjoying it so far, looking forward to next few weeks.

3/9:

Woke up and man are my abs looking defined. Can't believe how much carbs effect my abdominal area (water retention). Not gonna lie, I felt very sluggish today (tired, unmotivated, headache). Switching from carbs to none ain't easy. Did my walk this morning and usually I enjoy them, not today haha. Unfortunately not everyday is sunshine and rainbows. Still got around 700 cals to go until 2,300. Deciding on what I want to throw together. Also included Sugar-Free jello, really hits the spot for cravings. Originally I planned on cutting all sweetners, and sugar-free products. I would have if I knew I wasn't doing weekly carb-up. Cravings for carbs will be gone completely (for most) on keto. This is without any substitutes for sweetness (artificial sweeteners, diet drinks, sugar-free, and so on.) Also obviously, no carb-ups. So for me its counterproductive to cut them out, when ill be having the "real thing" later that week, just for the cravings to return. Anyways no training today. Tomorrow I'm going back to my the beginning of my cycle of P/P/L. Debating on a carb-up this upcoming week, time will tell. Definitely depleting fast, that's for sure. Excited to weigh myself on 3/13. Extremely curious.

3/10:

Felt much better today, less cravings, less hunger. May not even hit 2,300 today. Sitting around 1,400 calories right now. Even though less calories = more deficit, I think being below 2,300 may be a little too aggressive for me to where it'll have a negative effect. Already at a significant deficit as is. Definitely flat as a pancake... Will most likely refeed in a few days. Did not expect to get this depleted this fast, especially being after a fed state. With my activity levels and training it makes sense, but damn... talk about fast. Also, if your curious to my approach to refeeds, I do not do the normal "refeed". I'm a huge fan of Skiploading, and have done it countless times in the past with great success. My body responds extremely well to them. Basically, over the course of time you'll get too a very depleted state, for me its around 3~5 days (on keto). Skiploading is essentially a window of time where you eat high GI carbs, low fat processed foods. You do not count your calories, you base off of fullness and hunger. I started my first Skipload at a window of 6 hours. You do windows of time, compared to the traditional "refeed" with calories. Got in a significant amount of calories, i'm talking close to 2,000+ grams of carbs (not supposed to count them, but did for ****s and giggles). Candy, cereal, and more. Few days later, weigh less, more lean. How... who the hell knows. Alot of people follow this protocol, and get in there best condition doing it. If your interested in it, look up "Ken (Skip) Hill, Skiploading" countless threads/videos explaining this and how it's supposed to be done. I've even gotten to the point where I was doing one every 4th day (smaller windows) and guess what, leaner every week. Eventually I'll get to that again as I lean out, I find the more lean I am, the more I need to Skipload. Either I'll approach it with the longer Skiploads of (8-12 hours windows) once a week, or i'll do every 4th day (3-6 hour windows). Both seemed to work extremely well. The one downfall of the once a week, is by the time of my second round of P/P/L my workouts suffered significantly... compared to every 4th day (3-6 hour window) I was ready to hit another full round of P/P/L. We'll see in the next few weeks...
    Last edited by zRibs; 03-10-2020 at 03:27 PM.

3/13:

Don't worry didn't forget about this log haha. Things are going great, had a sluggish day two days ago, and a better one yesterday. Woke up extremely early today, currently 3 AM... oops. Anyways didn't have any WiFi yesterday, which sucked. Training has been much lighter, and more reps. Tried upping the weight, and could only maintain a set or two before it drastically drops. Hunger comes and goes, looked into a EC stack, so that will be introduced later today. Basically, E (Ephedrine) and C (Caffeine) mixed together are a great appetite suppressant. Very cheap too! I usually use Primitene for the Ephedrine, but gonna try Bronkiad this time around. Also will use 200 mg caffeine pills. 25g tab of Bronkiad + 200mg Caffeine 3x a times. Bye bye hunger. Will cycle it on and off as well. Anyways ya a quick update!