Thread: Cut or Bulk?

Mertcann85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mertcann85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mertcann85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mertcann85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mertcann85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mertcann85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mertcann85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mertcann85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mertcann85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mertcann85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mertcann85 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Cut or Bulk?

I have been bulking for months. I mean a lot of months

Belly Size: 108 Cm
    Neck: 43 ish

Height: 176 cm
    Weight: 94 kg

I suppose, I am around 26-27-28 bf. And the reason I have been/am out of control in terms of bf is due to satisfaction with the weight increase in big lifts. However, I guess it is time to cut cause I do not fit into clothes and I guess I started to look fat.

My main concern is, I never tried a consistent, wise cut. Just tried once when I started(2.5-3 years ago), and it was nothing but overall reducing what I eat.

So, should I cut? If yes, will I lose a lot of strength even if I keep lifting heavy 4-days? (Fierce 5-Int) And when to stop cutting? Any info is more than appreciated.

P.S: Sorry about posing. I just clicked on timer and took a photo

Thanks in advance
    Cheers
    Attached Images

Arizona45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arizona45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arizona45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arizona45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arizona45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arizona45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arizona45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arizona45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arizona45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arizona45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arizona45 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Cut

Your bodyfat is way too high. You can't just keep gaining weight, eating anything and expect to be a great powerlifter, if that is your goal. I suggest a personal trainer and dietitian to get you on the right track.

Also consider your health. Why is it important to lift heavy things if you are developing high cholesterol and coronary artery disease.

Why do you want to lift to be strong rather than lifting as an adjunct to other exercise that will improve your overall health and appearance?

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I would focus on loosing body fat and trying to stay strong with intensity in your training sessions to keep as much muscle size as possible.
    You need to record what you eat macros and calories.
    Keep the protein high.
    You basically need to eat less than what you use daily.
    Simple calories in calories out thats why a diet journal.
    You can't eyeball the food,it should be weighed out each and every meal to be accurate.
    You need to stick with it and be patient for a long period of time.
    Most people won't do this because they don't want it that bad and frankly it can be hard and boring but it will be effective.

Humble Megalomaniac ElrondHubbard's Avatar
    ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Mertcann85 View Post
    I have been bulking for months. I mean a lot of months

Belly Size: 108 Cm
    Neck: 43 ish

Height: 176 cm
    Weight: 94 kg

I suppose, I am around 26-27-28 bf. And the reason I have been/am out of control in terms of bf is due to satisfaction with the weight increase in big lifts. However, I guess it is time to cut cause I do not fit into clothes and I guess I started to look fat.

My main concern is, I never tried a consistent, wise cut. Just tried once when I started(2.5-3 years ago), and it was nothing but overall reducing what I eat.

So, should I cut? If yes, will I lose a lot of strength even if I keep lifting heavy 4-days? (Fierce 5-Int) And when to stop cutting? Any info is more than appreciated.

P.S: Sorry about posing. I just clicked on timer and took a photo

Thanks in advance
    Cheers
    Yes you should cut.

You'll lose some strength, but not a huge amount if you keep the intensity up.

Stop when you think you look jacked and muscular.

Your heart will thank you.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”
    -Voltaire

Mertcann85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mertcann85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mertcann85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mertcann85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mertcann85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mertcann85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mertcann85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mertcann85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mertcann85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mertcann85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mertcann85 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Back here after almost after 3.5 months You thought, I disappeared right? No way!

Well, let the numbers speak.
    Starting with 6th of March and continuing during lockout period till today, here are the numbers:

BW: 87 kg
    Waist: 92 cm
    Neck:40.5 cm
    Height: Added 3 cm( how I wish)

Gyms are open here as of last week. And today it was a huge slap to me to see my RM Squat went down to 130 kg with a semi-trouble form, from 155. Did not have chance to keep intensity high enough, during these 3 months; due to conditions at home and the total amount of weights at home. So, what I did was to keep stupid-high amount of reps and sets with super slow movements.

Besides these, I followed the guidelines and fundamental principles you advised for nutrition.

So, here comes the magical and eternal question:

To get bigger, to pump the numbers up for big3 meanwhile trying to stay as lean as possible; is it time to start slow-lean bulking, or should I keep maintaning for a while?( I am at maintenance for around 1.5-2 weeks, maintenance calorie: 2530-2580) Or (too afraid to hear "YES" for this question) should I keep cutting?

P.S: For a smooth comparison, I did my best to keep my horrible posing as horrible as possible.

Hint 1: I still suck my belly in while walking
    Hint 2: Chest seems so "nothing at all", am not sure what will I have, if I keep cutting.

Thanks in advance
    Attached Images

xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Cut.

Elrond? GarageRat? Any experienced comments on my last post about how to proceed?

Humble Megalomaniac ElrondHubbard's Avatar
    ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Mertcann85 View Post
    Elrond? GarageRat? Any experienced comments on my last post about how to proceed?
    Much better, but you aren't done yet. Stay the course on your diet. With the gyms open, now that you have access to the full weight stack, it should be possible to increase your lifts again while you continue the cut. But don't obsess over the numbers. Keep the intensity up, and what happens, happens. Getting the body fat down still needs to be first priority. Later, when you do go back into maintenance mode, it will be easier than you expected to get those squat numbers back up. And you'll look and feel better while doing it.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”
    -Voltaire

rameshkumar987 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    cut

Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Cut.

You are still over 20% BF.
    ~ Like Tae-Kwon-Leap, my goals are not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000)
    You made some great progress there, cut is going well and I would keep going too. Got some great shoulders, that's something I want to work on.

tjackson8889 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tjackson8889 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tjackson8889 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tjackson8889 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tjackson8889 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tjackson8889 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tjackson8889 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tjackson8889 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tjackson8889 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tjackson8889 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tjackson8889 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i would cut. for me keeping the bulk gets harder to maintain