Closed Thread
Page 83 of 251 FirstFirst ... 33 73 81 82 83 84 85 93 133 183 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,490 of 7520
    ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by pogue View Post
    Like I said, when I created this thread, the information that was coming out was completely different.
    At no time has there ever been credible information suggesting that young, healthy people do not contract COVID19. It is, and always was, a preposterous and absurd claim.

Info about this virus is on the front page of every website like Google and YouTube. Entire countries are shut down, cities have shut down every business. So, it's not like people aren't aware of what's going on. The idea behind this thread was to discuss proactive ways to prevent the spread of the virus, and that information hasn't changed. Wash your hands, wear a mask if you feel it's helpful, wear latex/nitrile gloves.
    As I brought to your attention immediately in this thread, the official recommendations for proactively preventing the spread of COVID19 and the sense of urgency from public health officials had already gone further at the time. In fact, your OP explicitly tells people to reject the position of every public health authority, dismissing it as a media hoax.

Quote: "The MSM wants you to continue to watch and be scared that this virus is spreading rapidly and use tactics of fear to keep you inside and watching TV. Their goal is ratings, not public health information."

But, what's the point of me saying you're likely to get infected if you're young? How does that help anyone? ... But, telling people to panic isn't very helpful information.
    False choice. Nobody is suggesting that you should "tell people to panic", but it should be obvious to you why it is helpful to give people accurate information about their potential to serve as a contagious carrier of an infectious disease. Younger people ignoring social distancing guidelines because they've been fed unsubstantiated rumors that this has no impact on them is currently a major public health problem that is leading to progressively more draconian restrictions on peoples' lives that might otherwise be avoided, not just in my community, but worldwide.

Try plugging an STD into your questions and see if you are able to figure out why misinforming a young person about their risk of contracting it would be harmful.

I'm not keeping up with this thread, so if you have some info to pass on, pm/email/tweet me and I'll take a look and add it to the front page.
    You are literally quoting the info as well as the link to the source at the Centers for Disease Control. As I've said to you before, the homework has already been turned in. I'm not going to bother doing it twice because you want to pretend you lost it.

Originally Posted by BOZZ View Post
    I'm going to let him make that call. i don't personally consider 25 to be a young person. This is bodybuilding.com not a website for peer reviewed medical research. People really SHOULDN'T be getting their information from here and it's in their best interest to verify anything they see on here ESPECIALLY when it comes to their health
    I did address my request directly to him, and certainly don't expect you to do anything at all. However, since you brought it up, I would point out that Bodybuilding.com publishes a steady stream of health-related information which many people trust (including, I see, some content about COVID19). Creating an "information thread" which promotes disinformation about a global pandemic (including anti-media conspiracy theories) and then not only stickying it but slapping the Bodybuilding.com logo on it to lend it the air of officially-sanctioned content remains outrageous, and probably something corporate would find alarming.
    Last edited by ANumber1; 03-18-2020 at 10:04 PM.
    "I will respond by saying that it is you who is the dumbass." - Wincel, 6/20/19

portamoral has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) portamoral has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) portamoral has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) portamoral has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) portamoral has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) portamoral has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) portamoral has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) portamoral has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) portamoral has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) portamoral has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) portamoral has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This is why I'm ignoring this thread. I constantly get sh!t on with this outrageous criticism that isn't helpful at all and pretty much makes me want to just ignore this thread.

If you have something to say to me that you think is so important then tell it to me in a civil manner and don't be an assh0le about it. It's not like the world is getting their info about this virus exclusively from this thread.

Anyway, I'm out. I'm not going to sit here and be abused because people have a difference of opinion about what should be on the front page and what shouldn't. If you have pertinent information that includes some scientific evidence behind it, pm/email/tweet me and I'll consider it. Other than that, you can eat a d!ck.
    i mean i'm not sure what else to tell you. the guy you were initially responding to just nicely spelled it out for you more than once and you basically plugged your ears and yelled over top of him. this was the appropriate response. its not even a big deal, just delete the sentence. nobody is purposely trying to be a dick to you.
    ★★★ I was part of the Ultra 2013 Thread Crew ★★★
    ★★★ I was part of the Ultra 2014 Thread Crew ★★★
    ┏(-_-)┛I was part of the Ultra 2015 Thread Crew┗(-_- )┓
    ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪ I was part of the 2016 Ultra Thread Crew ♪ (‿ˠ‿)

Big Wreck Crew

taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by TugOfPeace View Post
    What will be the ultimate cause?
    Parts of LA burned and you had Korean shop owners on roofs with rifles because a jury made a decision they disagreed with in 1992.

Now you have a global pandemic, people panicked, stores low on supplies, people with little (or no) income having the very real potential for even less, etc. Uncertainty creates unrest and those who want to get "sporty" tend to do so in uncertain times. Lack of hope breeds discontent. Doesn't take much to set them off. You already have law enforcement in major cities publicly stating they are trying not to increase the jail populations because of the virus and won't arrest for "non violent crimes". Some will take advantage just because they think then can.

Basically, the troublemakers need very little reason to become restless . . . so if they have more than a slight reason to get out of hand, you have to be a little concerned. This has the very real potential of being the SHTF event that many people said wasn't possible in this day and age. Hopefully that doesn't happen, but this has the potential to get pretty sketchy in at least some places. This is shaping up to be the "I told you so" moment for the no-debt and pro-2A crowd.

Ultimately, I think we recover quickly once we get over the hump, but that's not going to be fast and it's not going to be very pretty for a bit.
    *MFC Elder Statesmen Cabinet Crew*

**Distal Bicep Rupture Crew (Feb 2013)** -- recovery log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151942933
    **Extreme Dips Crew** - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136113651

2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by TugOfPeace View Post
    Realistically, why would people start getting violent?
    chaos is a ladder

violence and crime thrives in chaos
    There is only one Hell: the one we live in now.

katya422 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) katya422 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) katya422 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) katya422 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) katya422 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) katya422 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) katya422 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) katya422 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) katya422 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) katya422 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) katya422 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Hardlifter9 View Post
    Hospitalization and mortality rates are fine but complication rates add a new element. Leaving the hospital with crap lungs forever or even for the next few years kinda sucks. Especially when you were 22 years old and 100% healthy.
    This was on our local news today (young people/healthy/critical condition).

Read a report out of Iran that 15% of their fatalities were under 40.

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/fears-mo...-aged-under-40

Not a doctor, just a web surfer, but sharing since if you are practicing you probably have been occupied.

- read that blood type O seems to be less susceptible and blood type A more susceptible; don't have that link handy

- good news form New York re:test for antibodies

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/6...-19-really-is/

- Japan says they have a promising drug

https://nypost.com/2020/03/18/japane...mpression=true

- Australia also; show a 2 drug combo eliminates the virus in test tubes

https://truepundit.com/australian-in...r-coronavirus/

You probably saw the 1 ventilator/4 patients thing. Never got a real clear idea if the medical community saw it as a viable option.

Yes, this is a rapidly evolving situation. And it was when this thread was made, which is why I asked to keep a chat thread if this thread was supposed to be only verified/approved sources. There is a lag time for that and also information release to the public is highly managed.

WHO Says Do Not Use Ibuprophen-
    https://www.jpost.com/HEALTH-SCIENCE...navirus-621408

WHO Says Ibuprophen Okay (ish?)
    https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-z...-19-cases.html

And the mask thing? Seems to be a fairly general consensus that HCWs need better PPE than what we have available and that what little is available is only being used in very limited circumstances per multiple reports:

https://twitter.com/hashtag/Coronavi...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

Not enough tests. Not enough PPE. And number of cases expected to increase.
    INTP Crew
    Inattentive ADD Crew
    Mom That Miscs Crew

pogue has the mod powerz pogue has the mod powerz pogue has the mod powerz pogue has the mod powerz pogue has the mod powerz pogue has the mod powerz pogue has the mod powerz pogue has the mod powerz pogue has the mod powerz pogue has the mod powerz pogue has the mod powerz
    What good is it going to do to tell people to panic about it? I don't understand what you want me to do. All I'm asking is for people to calm the f*ck down and don't act like this is the apocalypse. So, I give up. You can't satisfy everyone, and in this thread, it seems like no one can be satisfied with ANYTHING.

So, you write the goddamn post of what should be in the top thread and I'll just copy and paste it there. Happy?
    I don't neg/infract/ban if you disagree with me in a civil discussion on any topic. ☮️
    Old blog, articles are still good even though many URLs are broken: http://pogue972.blogspot.com/
    Follow me on Twitter! I post lots of interesting stuff: https://twitter.com/pogue25 🐤
    I prefer email or Twitter for contact. However, you can PM me. My email is listed below.
    Email: https://bit.ly/EmailPogue 📧
    Required Reading: http://bit.ly/CandleinTheDark 🕯️

lolhey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lolhey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lolhey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lolhey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lolhey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lolhey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lolhey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lolhey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lolhey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lolhey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lolhey is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Past 2 days went for a jog in the afternoon. Besides that just been home. Chits boring af. May go to a friend's house on the weekend and pounds a few shots. However I think public places are a big nono. The people still out are the ones who don't care.

katya422 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) katya422 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) katya422 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) katya422 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) katya422 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) katya422 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) katya422 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) katya422 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) katya422 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) katya422 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) katya422 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I don't want to tell people to panic. And I understand the desire to avoid spreading bad information. When I post I do try to link to what I've found and if something is hearsay/gossip I try to state that.

It is a very serious situation with multiple unknown (and unknowable) factors. Personally I gather information and try to make sense of it. Just how I'm wired.

Like, this 18 month plan? Not sure if it can be done. Don't even know that you can have an effective vaccine for coronavirus since we haven't "cured the common cold" yet. I hope it can be fixed.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/17/u...irus-plan.html
    INTP Crew
    Inattentive ADD Crew
    Mom That Miscs Crew

BOZZ has the mod powerz BOZZ has the mod powerz BOZZ has the mod powerz BOZZ has the mod powerz BOZZ has the mod powerz BOZZ has the mod powerz BOZZ has the mod powerz BOZZ has the mod powerz BOZZ has the mod powerz BOZZ has the mod powerz BOZZ has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by ANumber1 View Post

I did address my request directly to him, and certainly don't expect you to do anything at all. However, since you brought it up, I would point out that Bodybuilding.com publishes a steady stream of health-related information which many people trust (including, I see, some content about COVID19). Creating an "information thread" which promotes disinformation about a global pandemic (including anti-media conspiracy theories) and then not only stickying it but slapping the Bodybuilding.com logo on it to lend it the air of officially-sanctioned content remains outrageous, and probably something corporate would find alarming.
    Then report it to corporate. You clearly like to see your words on a screen so send an email. You come off sounding pretentious and attacking people and wonder why you get less than desirable results.

5x10 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 5x10 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 5x10 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 5x10 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 5x10 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 5x10 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 5x10 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 5x10 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 5x10 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 5x10 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 5x10 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    No predeterminations is all that can be asked
    Very fluid and evolving
    Thank god for the internet , I’ve read doctors are utilizing it, central hubs are being built, human ingenuity at its finest
    Dallas Cowboys

Lifted for 26 years

Ass > tits
    No Debt Crew

Platinum Access Member WeDoPullups's Avatar
    WeDoPullups has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WeDoPullups has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WeDoPullups has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WeDoPullups has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WeDoPullups has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WeDoPullups has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WeDoPullups has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WeDoPullups has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WeDoPullups has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WeDoPullups has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WeDoPullups has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by katya422 View Post
    This was on our local news today (young people/healthy/critical condition).

Read a report out of Iran that 15% of their fatalities were under 40.

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/fears-mo...-aged-under-40

Not a doctor, just a web surfer, but sharing since if you are practicing you probably have been occupied.

- read that blood type O seems to be less susceptible and blood type A more susceptible; don't have that link handy

- good news form New York re:test for antibodies

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/6...-19-really-is/

- Japan says they have a promising drug

https://nypost.com/2020/03/18/japane...mpression=true

- Australia also; show a 2 drug combo eliminates the virus in test tubes

https://truepundit.com/australian-in...r-coronavirus/

You probably saw the 1 ventilator/4 patients thing. Never got a real clear idea if the medical community saw it as a viable option.

Yes, this is a rapidly evolving situation. And it was when this thread was made, which is why I asked to keep a chat thread if this thread was supposed to be only verified/approved sources. There is a lag time for that and also information release to the public is highly managed.

WHO Says Do Not Use Ibuprophen-
    https://www.jpost.com/HEALTH-SCIENCE...navirus-621408

WHO Says Ibuprophen Okay (ish?)
    https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-z...-19-cases.html

And the mask thing? Seems to be a fairly general consensus that HCWs need better PPE than what we have available and that what little is available is only being used in very limited circumstances per multiple reports:

https://twitter.com/hashtag/Coronavi...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

Not enough tests. Not enough PPE. And number of cases expected to increase.
    No WK but this is literally the first factual post I've seen in this thread
    *No bulge because micropenis crew*
    *Admire other men's bulges because micropenis crew*
    *Piss on balls every time because micropenis crew*
    *Doctor laughs during checkups because micropenis crew*
    *"Is it in yet?" because micropenis crew*
    *Smallest micropenis in micropenis support group crew*

RubberBandMang is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RubberBandMang is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RubberBandMang is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RubberBandMang is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RubberBandMang is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RubberBandMang is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RubberBandMang is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RubberBandMang is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RubberBandMang is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RubberBandMang is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RubberBandMang is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    What good is it going to do to tell people to panic about it? I don't understand what you want me to do. All I'm asking is for people to calm the f*ck down and don't act like this is the apocalypse. So, I give up. You can't satisfy everyone, and in this thread, it seems like no one can be satisfied with ANYTHING.

So, you write the goddamn post of what should be in the top thread and I'll just copy and paste it there. Happy?
    Lmfao, it's as if a bodybuilding forum requires peer review now. Buncha maniacs in here. I hope to god you dont get your official information regarding the virus from this site, the amount of conflicting chit going back and forth is absurd. A week from now they'll say that young people aren't at risk again

ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

I've definitely been clear about the problematic passage on multiple occasions, but if that's what you'd prefer, I'm happy to help.

This passage: "The only reason to fear the coronovirus is if you are elderly or are immunocompromised. For the young & healthy, you are very unlikely to contract the virus or die from it."

Should read: "The coronavirus is primarily dangerous to the elderly and the immunocompromised. For the young & healthy, you are very unlikely to die from it, but may contract it, spread it to others, and, less commonly, there is a risk of severe illness that may require hospitalization. Common sense measures to help avoid infection are within everyone's reach."

This passage: "The best advice I can give you is DON'T PANIC!. The MSM wants you to continue to watch and be scared that this virus is spreading rapidly and use tactics of fear to keep you inside and watching TV. Their goal is ratings, not public health information."

Should read: "The best advice I can give you is DON'T PANIC! However, the virus is spreading rapidly and some public health authorities worldwide do, in fact, encourage you to stay inside wherever possible to minimize the spread of COVID19. The best thing you can do to help is check and adhere to the social distancing recommendations and requirements of your local health authority."

Does that work for you?
    Last edited by ANumber1; 03-18-2020 at 10:30 PM.
    "I will respond by saying that it is you who is the dumbass." - Wincel, 6/20/19

nn586 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nn586 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nn586 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nn586 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nn586 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nn586 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nn586 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nn586 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nn586 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nn586 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nn586 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    All I know is I am glad my work sent us home today and that I will be full on hermit mode for the next month at least. Don't really know what to trust with all these conflicting sources, just gonna let time do its thing.

People on my FB are freakin the fuk out though with all these different conspiracys on it.

yklyachkin is a name known to all. (+5000) yklyachkin is a name known to all. (+5000) yklyachkin is a name known to all. (+5000) yklyachkin is a name known to all. (+5000) yklyachkin is a name known to all. (+5000) yklyachkin is a name known to all. (+5000) yklyachkin is a name known to all. (+5000) yklyachkin is a name known to all. (+5000) yklyachkin is a name known to all. (+5000) yklyachkin is a name known to all. (+5000) yklyachkin is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Some useful info - great COVID summary thus far:

Last edited by yklyachkin; 03-19-2020 at 12:04 AM.
    Always in on join date threads crew

Pусский Бра Kpy crew

yklyachkin is a name known to all. (+5000) yklyachkin is a name known to all. (+5000) yklyachkin is a name known to all. (+5000) yklyachkin is a name known to all. (+5000) yklyachkin is a name known to all. (+5000) yklyachkin is a name known to all. (+5000) yklyachkin is a name known to all. (+5000) yklyachkin is a name known to all. (+5000) yklyachkin is a name known to all. (+5000) yklyachkin is a name known to all. (+5000) yklyachkin is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I currently work in medical affairs in pharma.
    PhD in immunology, thesis was on viral replication.

Got a text from my buddy at Dartmouth:

"...We just had a COVID patient that responded to Actemra ( also started on HCQ) and antiviral from Gilead. Fio2 from 100 to 40..."

- Actemra (tocilizumab) - IL-6 cytokine inhibitor used in rheumatoid arthritis and giant cell arteritis. Also used during CAR-T therapy in patients with possible impending cytokine storms. Sirilumab, IL-6 receptor inhibitor (also indicated for RA) is currently undergoing clinical trials for same utilization

- HCQ - hydroxychloroquine - anti-malarial, seems to have worked in SARS

- Gilead'a drug is remdesivir - approved for compassionate use, currently in clinical trials with accelerated development

Pусский Бра Kpy crew

A nice publication describing anti-viral COVID-19 therapies to date:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...=1584418418597

Pусский Бра Kpy crew

Hope all this helps. Share with physicians who are taking care of you or your loved ones.

Please stay safe boyos.

Pусский Бра Kpy crew

nn586 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nn586 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nn586 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nn586 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nn586 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nn586 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nn586 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nn586 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nn586 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nn586 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nn586 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by yklyachkin View Post
    I currently work in medical affairs in pharma.
    PhD in immunology, thesis was on viral replication.

Got a text from my buddy at Dartmouth:

"...We just had a COVID patient that responded to Actemra ( also started on HCQ) and antiviral from Gilead. Fio2 from 100 to 40..."

- Actemra (tocilizumab) - IL-6 cytokine inhibitor used in rheumatoid arthritis and giant cell arteritis. Also used during CAR-T therapy in patients with possible impending cytokine storms. Sirilumab, IL-6 receptor inhibitor (also indicated for RA) is currently undergoing clinical trials for same utilization

- HCQ - hydroxychloroquine - anti-malarial, seems to have worked in SARS

- Gilead'a drug is remdesivir - approved for compassionate use, currently in clinical trials with accelerated development
    Is there anything OTC that is worth buying just in case at this time in your opinion? I don't have jack chit here cept Excedrin.

Stay safe boyo, keep us updated.

DoragonKingu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DoragonKingu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DoragonKingu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DoragonKingu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DoragonKingu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DoragonKingu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DoragonKingu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DoragonKingu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DoragonKingu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DoragonKingu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DoragonKingu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    What should we be doing in order to survive this Pandemic safe & sound? What supplies are must haves in a Crisis like this? How do we keep our families safe and healthy?

Originally Posted by nn586 View Post
    Is there anything OTC that is worth buying just in case at this time in your opinion? I don't have jack chit here cept Excedrin.

Stay safe boyo, keep us updated.
    Best you can do with OTC is to treat the symptoms (suppress cough/reduce fever) - the dayquil/nyquil with acetaminophen is good. Stay hydrated.

I have some cipro (antibiotic) on hand as a prophylactic for a secondary bacterial infection, but the rates of bacterial infections seem to be much lower in COVID as compared to influenza.

Obviously the treatments cited above have primarily been administered in more severe cases.

Pусский Бра Kpy crew

Originally Posted by DoragonKingu View Post
    What should we be doing in order to survive this Pandemic safe & sound? What supplies are must haves in a Crisis like this? How do we keep our families safe and healthy?
    Not to beat a dead horse but social distancing is obv key to stunt the spread. If you are young, act as if you have it to prevent spreading to those that are more vulnerable.

My parents and in-laws are in their mid 60s and they would visit or stay with us regularly to help with our kids (9 and 12). Our schools were still open last week. We sent our parents the fck home cause my kids would literally kill them otherwise.

Pусский Бра Kpy crew

Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by DoragonKingu View Post
    Too late at this point. Would be a logistical nightmare and get price gouged to really set yourself up for a lifestyle altering pandemic now.

The problem with this virus or any novel zoonotic disease that has vertically jumped species is that it has not been 'seen' by the human immune system. Most viruses that jump species kill the human host before being able to mutate and contribute to horizontal H2H transmission. This one, along with some others in the past (SARS, MERS, Ebola, Marburg, etc.) mutated fast enough for this purpose. And since it is a brand new antigen, all of our immune systems will react differently. We do not know yet why it's sparing babies but not the elderly, as it should really be devastating to both sides of the immunocompromised spectrum. The (at the time) novel 1918 influenza was destroying healthy young adults due to the cytokine storm (hyperactive immune system), yet COVID does not have a such a clear pattern either. It could evolve to be deadlier or it could evolved to be milder.

From the evolutionary standpoint viruses do not want to kill the host. Ebola is a chitty virus and blows its fckn load too early - it incapacitates the host and usually kills the host which is horrible for its transmission. But Ebola is also newer to humans (first cases were in the 1970s i believe). Herpes (HSV 1 or 2), on the other hand, is the fckn Chad of viruses. It was around before humans and has evolved with humans. It does not kill; it evades the immune system by hiding in neuronal ganglia; it comes out to replicate on your lip or dink and then goes back into neurons; and it is easily transmittable. Most viruses should want to be like herpes if they 'are all gonna make it brah'. But viruses are not technically alive and they obv do not think. They infect, replicate, and survive purely based on evolutionary selection and pressures and how fast they can mutate to produce viable progeny. Think of this like legos. Viruses have to mutate their surface spike proteins fast enough to fit it like a lego piece onto a corresponding human receptor in order to enter the cell. Eg. COVID spike protein interacts with human ACE2 receptor in pneumocytes.

Evolutionary pressure combined with the memory of our immune system SHOULD drive COVID to be milder in the future. The science is there. Drugs are there. Vaccine is almost there. I am optimistic, but time will tell.
    Last edited by yklyachkin; 03-19-2020 at 12:46 AM.

Pусский Бра Kpy crew

Platinum Access Member WeDoPullups's Avatar
    WeDoPullups has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WeDoPullups has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WeDoPullups has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WeDoPullups has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WeDoPullups has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WeDoPullups has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WeDoPullups has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WeDoPullups has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WeDoPullups has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WeDoPullups has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WeDoPullups has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by yklyachkin View Post
    The problem with this virus or any novel zoonotic disease that has vertically jumped species is that it has not been 'seen' by the human immune system. Most viruses that jump species kill the human host before being able to mutate and contribute to horizontal H2H transmission. This one, along with some others in the past (SARS, MERS, Ebola, Marburg, etc.) mutated fast enough for this purpose. And since it is a brand new antigen, all of our immune systems will react differently. We do not know yet why it's sparing babies but not the elderly, as it should really be devastating to both sides of the immunocompromised spectrum. The (at the time) novel 1918 influenza was destroying healthy young adults due to the cytokine storm (hyperactive immune system), yet COVID does not have a such a clear pattern either. It could evolve to be deadlier or it could evolved to be milder.

From the evolutionary standpoint viruses do not want to kill the host. Ebola is a chitty virus and blows its fckn load too early - it incapacitates the host and usually kills the host which is horrible for its transmission. But Ebola is also newer to humans (first cases were in the 1970s i believe). Herpes (HSV 1 or 2), on the other hand, is the fckn Chad of viruses. It was around before humans and has evolved with humans. It does not kill; it evades the immune system by hiding in neuronal ganglia; it comes out to replicate on your lip or dink and then goes back into neurons; and it is easily transmittable. Most viruses should want to be like herpes if they 'are all gonna make it brah'. But viruses are not technically alive and they obv do not think. They infect, replicate, and survive purely based on evolutionary selection and pressures and how fast they can mutate to produce viable progeny. Think of this like legos. Viruses have to mutate their surface spike proteins fast enough to fit it like a lego piece onto a corresponding human receptor in order to enter the cell. Eg. COVID spike protein interacts with human ACE2 receptor in pneumocytes.

Evolutionary pressure combined with the memory of our immune system SHOULD drive COVID to be milder in the future. The science is there. Drugs are there. Vaccine is almost there. I am optimistic, but time will tell.
    Finally some real ****in info.

Also just fyi - the Bovine coronavirus, which I believe is very similar in structure to COVID-19 is widespread during the winter months in feedlot cattle around the world, and its mortality rate something like 1-2%. Bovine coronavirus is also easily transmitted just like the common cold - also a coronavirus. Of course we don't give the same medical treatment to feedlot cattle like we do humans, so the mortality rate will be less than that of cattle. The guy above is right though, we've never seen a virus jump from species to species like this, but there are already enough cases to see that this strain of the virus will be generally mild for otherwise healthy individuals.
    *No bulge because micropenis crew*
    *Admire other men's bulges because micropenis crew*
    *Piss on balls every time because micropenis crew*
    *Doctor laughs during checkups because micropenis crew*
    *"Is it in yet?" because micropenis crew*
    *Smallest micropenis in micropenis support group crew*

Charlie Murphy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Charlie Murphy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Charlie Murphy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Charlie Murphy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Charlie Murphy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Charlie Murphy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Charlie Murphy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Charlie Murphy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Charlie Murphy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Charlie Murphy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Charlie Murphy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Wild to think that Will Forte of all people was able to predict all this
    When it comes to rep power, just remember this. Better red than dead. Your reps mean squat in real life. Just thank the lord that you have your health.

hoganrulz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) hoganrulz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) hoganrulz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) hoganrulz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) hoganrulz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) hoganrulz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) hoganrulz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) hoganrulz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) hoganrulz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) hoganrulz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) hoganrulz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    London about to get locked the fuk down. Inb4 3month shutdown and everything's fine again. Yesterday they said 33% of the UKs (not just England's) cases came from London.
    Formerly HandBrah, LipBrah & FootBrah
    they call me Don Taters
    <3 Miami Dolphins - WE GOT 5-11 BEHBEH
    Hala Madrid
    ££££££sports betting crew££££££
    I WANNA BRING BIG DRAMA SHOW, MAX.
    We don't care, we eat ass, we're freaks
    Ass cheeks are the titties of the ass
    First I romance the pie maker, then I romance the pie

Md, Misc, Old-Brah SillieBazzillie's Avatar
    SillieBazzillie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SillieBazzillie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SillieBazzillie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SillieBazzillie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SillieBazzillie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SillieBazzillie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SillieBazzillie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SillieBazzillie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SillieBazzillie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SillieBazzillie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SillieBazzillie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Clearly this virus is more troublesome to younger people than previously thought. No word on how many of the young people impacted had underlying conditions or if they're becoming over represented because boomers are finally staying home and getting it less.

Regardless be smart and take precautions. Even a 1% increase of having serious health issues is no joke.
    Early AM workout crew.
    Holy crap dude, Satan's huge crew.

LukeLissen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LukeLissen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LukeLissen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LukeLissen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LukeLissen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LukeLissen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LukeLissen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LukeLissen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LukeLissen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LukeLissen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LukeLissen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    This is the study the US is using as its playbook. It was mentioned at the daily WH coronavirus press conference yesterday.

Reading from it you can see how the US has mirrored its recommendations.

It wasn't published in full until yesterday but the gov has been in the loop as it was being generated.

Read the study, you will know what the US does next.

Impact of non-pharmaceutical interventions (NPIs) to reduce COVID19 mortality and healthcare demand
    Imperial College COVID-19 Response Team

https://www.imperial.ac.uk/media/imp...16-03-2020.pdf

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious People. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other."
    - US Constitution author and 2nd President, John Adams, October 11th, 1798
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177055701

Registered User SubWooferCooker's Avatar
    SubWooferCooker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SubWooferCooker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SubWooferCooker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SubWooferCooker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SubWooferCooker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SubWooferCooker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SubWooferCooker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SubWooferCooker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SubWooferCooker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SubWooferCooker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SubWooferCooker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Blasting View Post
    Yeah, some people in here are doomsdayers.

We’re already seeing cases dropping in a lot of places that dealt with this early. The entire world is working on solutions to this. This isn’t going to be something that lasts years and wipes out half the earth. But it is going to get worse for the time being in the US. We’ll make it through. I give it 1-3 months and we’ll be able to go out again.
    I hope so, not sure i can deal with spending summer indoors.

Also strong sig irony.