Page 5 of 167 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast
    Anachron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anachron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anachron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anachron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anachron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anachron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anachron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anachron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anachron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anachron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anachron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by TugOfPeace View Post
    Pogue, I’m curious, what qualifications do you have to determine the validity of scientific data that is posted here. How are you able to determine what is true? What says you can selectively censor material, besides your moderator status?
    Infowars and screencaps with no source would definitely be a no go.

pogue has the mod powerz pogue has the mod powerz pogue has the mod powerz pogue has the mod powerz pogue has the mod powerz pogue has the mod powerz pogue has the mod powerz pogue has the mod powerz pogue has the mod powerz pogue has the mod powerz pogue has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by iwant2beswole View Post
    Then why list it under things that don’t help like it’s definitively useless? Don’t think anyone would be taking vitamin c thinking it’s a cure but as a supplement to help with cold/flu symptoms.
    Like I said, it's fine to take, but it does not help in any way, shape or form against the coronovirus.

Originally Posted by TugOfPeace View Post
    Pogue, I’m curious, what qualifications do you have to determine the validity of scientific data that is posted here. How are you able to determine what is true? What says you can selectively censor material, besides your moderator status?
    That's a perfectly valid question and I will answer that my qualifications are that I am self taught, but self taught by quite a few experts in the field (the majority of them are no longer around - they've sort of vanished from the internet), including medical students and people who really know their sh!t. I can read a scientific study in the full text and comprehend it. If I can't, I'll post and admit that I can't make heads or tails of it.

There are also a lot of scientific study sites that will publish anything for a fee and you have to be cognizant of those journals and their validity.

I am no expert in the field of virology, bacteriology, or other similar fields. So, I don't always know what's true. However, if you really want to know how I determine what's more likely to be true or false, I highly recommend the last link in my signature. But, if you don't feel like buying the whole book, here is one of the most important parts.

The Baloney Detection Kit: Carl Sagan’s Rules for Bullsh!t-Busting and Critical Thinking

I also look for logical fallacies in arguments, as well as cognitive bias.

It's not my intent to censor material, as much as just get rid of the obvious BS conspiracy theories, misinformation, and other obviously bogus posts.
    I don't neg/infract/ban if you disagree with me in a civil discussion on any topic. ☮️
    Old blog, articles are still good even though many URLs are broken: http://pogue972.blogspot.com/
    Follow me on Twitter! I post lots of interesting stuff: https://twitter.com/pogue25 🐤
    I prefer email or Twitter for contact. However, you can PM me. My email is listed below.
    Email: http://scr.im/pogue 📧
    Required Reading: http://bit.ly/CandleinTheDark 🕯️

pogue has the mod powerz pogue has the mod powerz pogue has the mod powerz pogue has the mod powerz pogue has the mod powerz pogue has the mod powerz pogue has the mod powerz pogue has the mod powerz pogue has the mod powerz pogue has the mod powerz pogue has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Underwrought View Post
    ok have fun talking to yourself then lol. brb you better be an MD and have scientific papers to post in here.
    Easy cop out for your argument. If you aren't familiar with how to look up studies, just say so and I'll go and seek the data out for you.
    I don't neg/infract/ban if you disagree with me in a civil discussion on any topic. ☮️
    Old blog, articles are still good even though many URLs are broken: http://pogue972.blogspot.com/
    Follow me on Twitter! I post lots of interesting stuff: https://twitter.com/pogue25 🐤
    I prefer email or Twitter for contact. However, you can PM me. My email is listed below.

TonyTriangles is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyTriangles is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyTriangles is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyTriangles is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyTriangles is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyTriangles is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyTriangles is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyTriangles is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyTriangles is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyTriangles is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyTriangles is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    up the zinc intake; zinc lozenges reduce the duration of cold symptoms by 12% to 48%, but only at daily doses >75 mg.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3273967/
    US Navy Vet
    Misc bjj crew
    Aweir

iwant2beswole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iwant2beswole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iwant2beswole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iwant2beswole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iwant2beswole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iwant2beswole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iwant2beswole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iwant2beswole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iwant2beswole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iwant2beswole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iwant2beswole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by pogue View Post
    Like I said, it's fine to take, but it does not help in any way, shape or form against the coronovirus.

You’re still talking in absolutes - what’s your proof that it doesn’t help against the coronavirus? Everyone here prefers an open discussion that they can draw their own conclusions from, not the dude with green letters in his name saying what’s definitively true and false regarding the virus.

Originally Posted by TonyTriangles View Post
    up the zinc intake; zinc lozenges reduce the duration of cold symptoms by 12% to 48%, but only at daily doses >75 mg.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3273967/
    Zinc is all well and good too, but if you read the full study there are some noticeable caveats.

CAVEATS: Adverse effects, long-term use may create problems
    In this meta-analysis, side effects from zinc were common. The 2 most frequently reported were bad taste (pooled odds ratio [OR], 2.64; 95% CI, 1.91-3.64) and nausea (pooled OR, 2.15; 95% CI, 1.44-3.23). When you recommend zinc, warn your patients about these adverse effects. The side effects are not severe, so patients can decide for themselves whether the benefit of a reduction in cold duration is worth the downside of nausea and a bad taste in the mouth.

It is also important to note that the trials included in the meta-analysis enrolled healthy children and adults ≤65 years old. Whether zinc benefits people with chronic illnesses (eg, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) who develop colds is unknown.

Prolonged elevated serum zinc levels can interfere with copper metabolism, and the adverse effects of long-term use of zinc as prophylaxis are unknown. The trials included in the meta-analysis took place in relatively affluent countries in which zinc deficiency is uncommon. It is not known what impact zinc supplementation would have on people in poor countries.

Underwrought is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Underwrought is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Underwrought is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Underwrought is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Underwrought is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Underwrought is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Underwrought is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Underwrought is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Underwrought is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Underwrought is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Underwrought is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

That's a perfectly valid question and I will answer that my qualifications are that I am self taught, but self taught by quite a few experts in the field (the majority of them are no longer around - they've sort of vanished from the internet), including medical students and people who really know their sh!t. I can read a scientific study in the full text and comprehend it. If I can't, I'll post and admit that I can't make heads or tails of it.

There are also a lot of scientific study sites that will publish anything for a fee and you have to be cognizant of those journals and their validity.

I am no expert in the field of virology, bacteriology, or other similar fields. So, I don't always know what's true. However, if you really want to know how I determine what's more likely to be true or false, I highly recommend the last link in my signature. But, if you don't feel like buying the whole book, here is one of the most important parts.

The Baloney Detection Kit: Carl Sagan’s Rules for Bullsh!t-Busting and Critical Thinking

I also look for logical fallacies in arguments, as well as cognitive bias.

It's not my intent to censor material, as much as just get rid of the obvious BS conspiracy theories, misinformation, and other obviously bogus posts.
    Ok I dont even lol. I seriously am starting to believe this is a giant troll considering all the meme pics on the other threads first post and your responses. I mean I was giving the benefit of the doubt and thinking maybe you just wanted a clean thread with neatly detailed information but now ... wut?

So for you it really comes down to the fact your a mod that gives your OPINIONS, not professionally informed, more weight than the rest of ours. Cool lol. At least I give you credit for responding.

Also how is it arbitrary posting rules can be made up on the spot for posting in a particular thread?

This is why the forum media is dying, too many people on a power trip lol.
    Last edited by Underwrought; 03-05-2020 at 10:33 AM.

iwant2beswole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iwant2beswole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iwant2beswole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iwant2beswole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iwant2beswole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iwant2beswole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iwant2beswole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iwant2beswole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iwant2beswole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iwant2beswole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iwant2beswole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ok I dont even lol. I seriously am starting to believe this is a giant troll considering all the meme pics on the other threads first post and your responses. I mean I was giving the benefit of the doubt and thinking maybe you just wanted a clean thread with neatly detailed information but now ... wut?

So for you it really comes down to the fact your a mod that gives your OPINIONS, not professionally informed, more weight than the rest of ours. Cool lol. At least I give you credit for responding.

Also how is it arbitrary posting rules can be made up on the spot for posting in a particular thread?

LMAO just read through that long winded response about being qualified

OP's a TheAdlerian alt

Man Against Mediocrity WhirlwindTobias's Avatar
    WhirlwindTobias has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WhirlwindTobias has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WhirlwindTobias has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WhirlwindTobias has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WhirlwindTobias has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WhirlwindTobias has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WhirlwindTobias has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WhirlwindTobias has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WhirlwindTobias has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WhirlwindTobias has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WhirlwindTobias has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Why are they pushing hand dryers? Mythbusters proved that all they do is blow germs around the room.
    Likes - Mountaineering, running, reading opinions & people who are legitimately trying to improve their lives.
    Dislikes - People who have zero accountability, a lack of humility, and everything that western culture encapsulates.

Longest walk time and distance (Including breaks) - 19 hrs - 70km
    Highest point OSL - 2962m (Zugspitze)

poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Here, for all the hyperventilators in here:

http://infomullet.com/2020/03/02/cov...KvzizRFpwsKRZA

Why all the Dread?
    So why is there so much dread around COVID-19? Because most humans don’t go through a 3,200 word analysis of virus structures, known data, and ambiguity scenario forecasting before reaching a decision on how to feel. They mainly ask: “does this thing scare me or not?” Part of the fear factor of COVID-19 is that as humans we often use heuristic short-cuts to evaluate risk because it’s cognitively easier than the above exercise. And COVID-19 is hitting a lot of those buttons.

Crowding-Out Effect: We begin with the two shouting voices in our head. Without practice and training it’s easy at points of high emotion for that very loud voice to ‘crowd out’ rational thinking.(8)

Repetitive Exposure: The more stories we see on a topic the more we think it’s an important thing to pay attention too. And right now, media channels are saturated with COVID-19 reporting. We here at the InfoMullet are proud to say, “I’m doing my part!”(8)

Novelty: We pay more attention to threats that are new than threats we are familiar with. As discussed above COVID-19 may be less, about the same, or worse than a regular flu season. And all estimates are much less than the normal leading causes of death in the United States: cancer, heart disease, diabetes etc. Beginning Friday night Turkey and Syria started a regional-power conflict in Syria and I still can’t get anyone to notice. Why? Because we’ve been hearing about war in Syria for eight years now, and even though this state-on-state conflict is substantively different our minds tune it out. (But if you want to know more check out this 1hr Facebook live video where I explained the situation, context and regional actors. We’re also tracking daily updates over on the InfoMullet.)

Involuntary Risk: When we are not able to voluntarily accept a risk, it is forced upon us, we can evaluate that risk up to a 1,000 worse. (8) Walking the plank 20-30’ above the water is a punishment in a pirate movie but leaping out of a perfectly good airplane 10,000’ up is a sign of adventure. Because the former is forced on us and not the latter.

Exotic Effect: In the United States we have a bad habit of ‘othering’ anything that comes from a foreign land. Sometimes this is silly, like our fondness for Acacia berries as health miracles because we imagine them being grown on some exotic mountain slope in South America versus the blackberries that grow in the stickers out back. In many other cases this is exotic effect is based on historical racism of seeing the ‘foreign other’ as barbarous, sinister or dangerous. The virus originating in China has triggered this exotic effect. Imagine for instead this was named the Ankeny, Iowa Virus, later renamed by the WHO “Oh for the Fun-19.” No one care. Because no one ever cares what happens in Ankeny, Iowa and for good reason.

Stock Market Effect: In most developed countries the level of that nation’s key stock market indices serves as a barometer of confidence in the state of things. This varies by country, and as I’ve stated before, stock market values are not reliable indicators of the economy. But as a short-hand measure, there’s few things more accessible that will be regularly reported to large populations than stock market movements. And because COVID-19 is causing a shock to the global market system the stock market indicators have been flashing “Panic! Panic! Panic!” all week. Because the stock-market effect is in a different area: economics vs. health it can be mistaken as a corroboration from an independent source of concern.

The result of all these cognitive triggers going off at once is the shouting voice takes the wheel and we make rash, uninformed, and unhelpful decisions. Take for instance the run on purchasing medical masks. The irony here is that medical masks don’t really protect one from getting infected, you need a respirator for that. And unless you’re actually trained on how to use the mask, or respirator properly, it won’t work. These devices are intended for use by the infected, and the healthcare workers supporting them, who are trained in their use and most at risk of exposure. (9)

It got so bad that over the weekend the Surgeon General had to plead with Americans not to buy the thing that wouldn’t help so there would be some leftover for when it was needed.(10) Because although there are many other valid reasons for using medical masks at the margins, it’s a good bet that people who are deciding to buy them as a fear response, and then forget they have them or forget to use them or use them wrong aren’t just harming themselves. Those supplies are not going to be available to the healthcare workers, infected and population segments that do have valid reasons to use them. And this run on supplies is just one example of an unintended consequence of a fear response run amok.
    ~ Roast Master, Resident Coffee Warlock~
    www.westcoastroasting.com
    -- Use 'MISC' for a discount! --

Disclaimer: sit there and let it bleed.

Originally Posted by iwant2beswole View Post
    You’re still talking in absolutes - what’s your proof that it doesn’t help against the coronavirus? Everyone here prefers an open discussion that they can draw their own conclusions from, not the dude with green letters in his name saying what’s definitively true and false regarding the virus.
    You're asking me for the burden of proof for something I simply can't quantify. If you know any doctors or scientists who are saying Vitamin C helps coronovirus, feel free to post it.

But I think we're having two different arguments here. Building up your immune system with zinc and vitamin C is fine and dandy and may help you from getting infected. But there is simply no proof that this is the case. All the data from this has to do with getting the cold, not the flu or the cornovirus.

I don't know what meme posts you're talking about in this thread.

If you know any CDC doctors or MDs or anyone with qualifications to answer these questions, you are more than welcome to invite them to come here.

I present my evidence from the studies I post and show data for what I see and the reader can make their own judgement or argue with me on the point. Your tu quoque logical fallacy is making your argumentative points very lax. I think you're still salty about the whole mask thing and you just want to come here and try to stir up drama.

As a moderator, I make a judgement call. I explained above how I come to my conclusions. @Underwrought, I think you'd find better company in the other thread about the coronavirus here: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=178112441

Your whole spiel about the media and this supposed "power trip" I'm on is getting tired and old.

Anachron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anachron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anachron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anachron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anachron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anachron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anachron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anachron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anachron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anachron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anachron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You're asking me for the burden of proof for something I simply can't quantify. If you know any doctors or scientists who are saying Vitamin C helps coronovirus, feel free to post it.

But I think we're having two different arguments here. Building up your immune system with zinc and vitamin C is fine and dandy and may help you from getting infected. But there is simply no proof that this is the case. All the data from this has to do with getting the cold, not the flu or the cornovirus.
    It won't help you from getting infected, it will help your body fight it in case you do get infected. Healthier immune system is better. It might get you to the point of being asymptomatic?

TheHaws is a name known to all. (+5000) TheHaws is a name known to all. (+5000) TheHaws is a name known to all. (+5000) TheHaws is a name known to all. (+5000) TheHaws is a name known to all. (+5000) TheHaws is a name known to all. (+5000) TheHaws is a name known to all. (+5000) TheHaws is a name known to all. (+5000) TheHaws is a name known to all. (+5000) TheHaws is a name known to all. (+5000) TheHaws is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Anachron View Post
    It won't help you from getting infected, it will help your body fight it in case you do get infected. Healthier immune system is better. It might get you to the point of being asymptomatic?
    Admittedly all I am able to come up with is anecdotal evidence from one practitioner in Hubei saying a families symptoms were greatly lessened by their constant use of vitamin C, but he has no study tied to it its just his observation which does not qualify.

In general it will boost your immune system and HELP fight the virus but wont stop you from getting it or stop you from having symptoms.
    <Overly Friendly Canadian Crew>
    Some people die at 25 and aren't buried until 75. - Benjamin Franklin
    Obese to Fit Transformation Of Peace: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177444201

keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    My doc recommends IV Vitamin C for viruses.

If I end up with what I think is COVID-19, I'll likely schedule a visit for an infusion.

There are also a couple of local IV therapy places where you can mix your own cocktail.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5409678/
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #53 ▪█─────█▪
    ^^^^^^ 6' 6" and Over Crew^^^^^^
    Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

Btw, Snopes has a whole section devoted to the coronavirus, confirming some facts and cases and debunking many others. Check on snopes through their search before you post something here to see if it's already been vetted by snopes as being true or false.
    Last edited by pogue; 03-05-2020 at 11:54 AM.

TaeBoNinja has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TaeBoNinja has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TaeBoNinja has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TaeBoNinja has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TaeBoNinja has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TaeBoNinja has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TaeBoNinja has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TaeBoNinja has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TaeBoNinja has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TaeBoNinja has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TaeBoNinja has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by TheHaws View Post
    Admittedly all I am able to come up with is anecdotal evidence from one practitioner in Hubei saying a families symptoms were greatly lessened by their constant use of vitamin C, but he has no study tied to it its just his observation which does not qualify.

In general it will boost your immune system and HELP fight the virus but wont stop you from getting it or stop you from having symptoms.
    I read this a few days ago. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...ronavirus.html

In China, a study is under way to see if high doses of vitamin C can help fight off coronavirus (officially known as COVID-19). Scientists at the Zhongnan Hospital of Wuhan University are testing its effects on 120 patients who have the virus, giving them daily infusions of 24g of vitamin C for seven days. Results have not yet been published.

The dosage being used in China is around 60 times as much as the NHS daily recommended amount and 24 times the amount trialled against colds in reviews by Cochrane.

In tests, vitamin C has worked against every virus — if given in sufficient concentration, says Dr Levy.

Dr Mike Skinner, a virologist at Imperial College London, says we won’t know vitamin C’s value against coronavirus for some time, and says the dose being tested is ‘massive’. ‘They’re doing the trial,’ says Dr Skinner ‘Let’s see if it has any benefit.’
    6'3 Master Race
    GOATCal Crew
    No Pillow Crew

The whole reason everyone is so crazy about Vitamin C is due to Linus Pauling. He was a Nobel Prize winner and scientist of the highest caliber. But, he wrote a completely discredited book claiming huge doses of Vitamin C can cure just about anything. This idea made it into popular culture and still has a huge impact today.

The Dark Side of Linus Pauling’s Legacy - QuackWatch.org

Definitely worth a read

TheHaws is a name known to all. (+5000) TheHaws is a name known to all. (+5000) TheHaws is a name known to all. (+5000) TheHaws is a name known to all. (+5000) TheHaws is a name known to all. (+5000) TheHaws is a name known to all. (+5000) TheHaws is a name known to all. (+5000) TheHaws is a name known to all. (+5000) TheHaws is a name known to all. (+5000) TheHaws is a name known to all. (+5000) TheHaws is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by TaeBoNinja View Post
    Interested to read once they publish the study.

The whole reason everyone is so crazy about Vitamin C is due to Linus Pauling. He was a Nobel Prize winner and scientist of the highest caliber. But, he wrote a completely discredited book claiming huge doses of Vitamin C can cure just about anything. This idea made it into popular culture and still has a huge impact today.

The Dark Side of Linus Pauling’s Legacy - QuackWatch.org

Definitely worth a read
    Ye this I don't believe. Regular doses over time show some benefits to immune systems but a massive dose when you get sick is like trying to take out fire insurance when your house is on fire.
    <Overly Friendly Canadian Crew>
    Some people die at 25 and aren't buried until 75. - Benjamin Franklin
    Obese to Fit Transformation Of Peace: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177444201

Originally Posted by TheHaws View Post
    Ye this I don't believe. Regular doses over time show some benefits to immune systems but a massive dose when you get sick is like trying to take out fire insurance when your house is on fire.
    Why don't you read the article I posted before you jump to your predetermined conclusion.

XterraRob has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XterraRob has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XterraRob has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XterraRob has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XterraRob has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XterraRob has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XterraRob has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XterraRob has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XterraRob has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XterraRob has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XterraRob has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Pogue, are you older than the internet?
    Wincel: "I'm saying even the govt of China, while brutal at times, is NOT our enemy. Period."
    Has Beowulf10 ever experienced true love? Where did he go?
    Education is humanity's key to salvation.
    The 2nd Cold War has begun.

It's better than prison maori-rap's Avatar
    maori-rap has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) maori-rap has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) maori-rap has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) maori-rap has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) maori-rap has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) maori-rap has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) maori-rap has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) maori-rap has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) maori-rap has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) maori-rap has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) maori-rap has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    UK has had it's first C19 related death. The patient already had health issues it seems.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews...p65?ocid=ientp
    Sig line can't be a novel

LovePollution is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LovePollution is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LovePollution is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LovePollution is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LovePollution is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LovePollution is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LovePollution is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LovePollution is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LovePollution is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LovePollution is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LovePollution is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Why are you claiming face masks do not help to stop you from getting the virus? Isn't that exactly what an N95 mask is used for? It even states it on the CDC website...
    Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner.

Dalovsky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dalovsky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dalovsky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dalovsky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dalovsky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dalovsky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dalovsky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dalovsky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dalovsky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dalovsky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dalovsky has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    What do they mean with people with auto immune diseases are more at risk? do they mean all of them?

I have crohn's does that make me a higher risk too? I am not on heavy immunosuppressant drugs.
    God Emperor Trump

Originally Posted by Dalovsky View Post
    What do they mean with people with auto immune diseases are more at risk? do they mean all of them?

I have crohn's does that make me a higher risk too? I am not on heavy immunosuppressant drugs.
    Not auto immune diseases, but immunodeficiency. Something like having HIV/AIDS or being elderly.

As for having Chron's and whether or not it makes you more susceptible to coronavirus I have no idea. I would ask your doctor.

Originally Posted by XterraRob View Post
    Pogue, are you older than the internet?
    Yes, I remember a time before the internet. We connected to BBSes (bulletin board systems) through dialup modems and played Doom and other online games with each other. Then in the mid 90s, the internet came around and I signed up and got on board. Random story: I used to be really good friends with napster, the guy who wrote the napster P2P software that started the online piracy revolution.

Originally Posted by LovePollution View Post
    Why are you claiming face masks do not help to stop you from getting the virus? Isn't that exactly what an N95 mask is used for? It even states it on the CDC website...
    Do you have a link on the CDC website where it recommends that particular mask?

XterraRob has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XterraRob has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XterraRob has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XterraRob has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XterraRob has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XterraRob has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XterraRob has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XterraRob has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XterraRob has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XterraRob has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XterraRob has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Yes, I remember a time before the internet. We connected to BBSes (bulletin board systems) through dialup modems and played Doom and other online games with each other. Then in the mid 90s, the internet came around and I signed up and got on board. Random story: I used to be really good friends with napster, the guy who wrote the napster P2P software that started the online piracy revolution.
    You should write a book about your life.
    Wincel: "I'm saying even the govt of China, while brutal at times, is NOT our enemy. Period."
    Has Beowulf10 ever experienced true love? Where did he go?
    Education is humanity's key to salvation.
    The 2nd Cold War has begun.

LovePollution is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LovePollution is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LovePollution is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LovePollution is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LovePollution is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LovePollution is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LovePollution is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LovePollution is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LovePollution is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LovePollution is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LovePollution is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Do you have a link on the CDC website where it recommends that particular mask?
    They state that they are capable of filtering out 95% of very small particles, including bacteria and viruses.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...r-use-faq.html

Apologies though, you did say face masks and it appears these are actually called respirators. Not quite sure on the differences though but I guess they are slightly thicker than a typical surgical mask.
    Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner.

Originally Posted by XterraRob View Post
    You should write a book about your life.
    It would be extremely dull. I think a much more interesting subject are BBSes, and there is a documentary you can find on YouTube called BBS The Documentary. Watching it for me was like a look into my childhood. But for you, it will be a completely new experience.

GreatOldOne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GreatOldOne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GreatOldOne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GreatOldOne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GreatOldOne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GreatOldOne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GreatOldOne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GreatOldOne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GreatOldOne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GreatOldOne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GreatOldOne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by TaeBoNinja View Post
    Quarantine camps are gonna be more likely if this keeps happening. inb4 FEMA
    Schools might close soon if it starts spreading. Wake County closes them at the least bit of snow...They even close or delay if it's just really cold sometimes...srs.

(oO) That is not dead which can eternal lie,
    /||\ And with strange aeons even death may die.

Deamon flautists: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=164323341

Fall for Judo:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177729661

Happy days to you and yours.