Nicholassssss is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Angry 14,insecure and overweight.

Hi, so I’ve been feeling insecure about my weight lately. I’ve been trying my hardest to lose it myself but I need help, I don’t have a supportive mom or people I can talk to this about. I’m 165 lbs as of last time I weighed myself I am one of the fatter kids in my school and in 5-6 months I’ll be entering high school.
    I’ve tried fixing my diet since my mom dosent cook, I’ve made myself whole grain pasta and avocado toast. I started like 2 days ago and temptations take over me. I am ADDICTED to soda and I get diet soda a lot though I know it still makes me gain weight. I can barely work out when my mom is home because she says crap like you eat like a pig, why you work out if you eat so much. Blah blah. How can i prove her wrong, I want to better myself. What are some good workouts I can do? I can’t even do a push up, I’ve been doing sit-ups and crunches. RE: Want to lose weight, unsupportive mom

Common sense/moderation. gbullock32's Avatar
    gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Diet soda does not make you gain weight...

Eat more whole foods, fruits, veggies, lean meats, ect... Some 'junk' is fine, use moderation.

Exercise (calisthenics are good), be more active, play sports.

At your age it's pretty simple, no need to over stress it.

As for your Mom being unsupportive, that does suck, but you just need to motivate yourself and work to improve for your own good.
    Short cuts to success are often paved with lies.
    1/13/16: Massive hernia.
    5/10/16: Finally back to lifting, light but improving.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823

BIGNHYOOGE is just really nice. (+1000) BIGNHYOOGE is just really nice. (+1000) BIGNHYOOGE is just really nice. (+1000) BIGNHYOOGE is just really nice. (+1000) BIGNHYOOGE is just really nice. (+1000) BIGNHYOOGE is just really nice. (+1000) BIGNHYOOGE is just really nice. (+1000) BIGNHYOOGE is just really nice. (+1000) BIGNHYOOGE is just really nice. (+1000) BIGNHYOOGE is just really nice. (+1000) BIGNHYOOGE is just really nice. (+1000)
    ah to be 14 again
    Second by second, you lose the opportunity of becoming the person you want to be.

slyguychris is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey man, I was in your shoes once upon a time too! I was 15 at 200 lbs and I was getting bullied and made fun of daily, sometimes by my own family! When I was almost 16 I had enough and put myself on a diet and lost almost 40 lbs. my recommendation is to eat clean, whole foods as much as possible. Cut out the sodas and drink water or Powerade Zero (my personal go to). I personally had ONE cheat MEAL (not day) per week as a reward. For the gym there’s no need to do anything super complicated. Since you’re new just do bodyweight exercises like squats, assisted pushups, lunges, crunches, assisted pull-ups, etc. Find a good full body workout plan and stick to it. Do cardio 2-3x a week and try to burn double your weight in calories when you do. Get sleep, don’t beat yourself up if you mess up and have an unplanned cheat meal either. You got this.

jaxqen is just really nice. (+1000) jaxqen is just really nice. (+1000) jaxqen is just really nice. (+1000) jaxqen is just really nice. (+1000) jaxqen is just really nice. (+1000) jaxqen is just really nice. (+1000) jaxqen is just really nice. (+1000) jaxqen is just really nice. (+1000) jaxqen is just really nice. (+1000) jaxqen is just really nice. (+1000) jaxqen is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Nicholassssss View Post
    Hi, so I’ve been feeling insecure about my weight lately. I’ve been trying my hardest to lose it myself but I need help, I don’t have a supportive mom or people I can talk to this about. I’m 165 lbs as of last time I weighed myself I am one of the fatter kids in my school and in 5-6 months I’ll be entering high school.
    I’ve tried fixing my diet since my mom dosent cook, I’ve made myself whole grain pasta and avocado toast. I started like 2 days ago and temptations take over me. I am ADDICTED to soda and I get diet soda a lot though I know it still makes me gain weight. I can barely work out when my mom is home because she says crap like you eat like a pig, why you work out if you eat so much. Blah blah. How can i prove her wrong, I want to better myself. What are some good workouts I can do? I can’t even do a push up, I’ve been doing sit-ups and crunches. RE: Want to lose weight, unsupportive mom
    1. The nutrition part (the most important part):
    - even if you eat 'healthier', it doesn't mean you eat less calories.
    - pasta, whole grain or not, has many calories. I am not saying to not eat pasta, but watch your calories (read the sticky topics on the forum for this)
    - avocado toast also has many calories.
    - buy stuff that has little calories. Greek yoghurt has few calories, has protein and protein is filling. Most fruits have low calories. Same for most vegetables = low calories. Chicken breast, egg whites. Eat these fooods more.
    - diet soda doesn't have calories. Also, if you feel the need for sugar, there are zero calories syrups and sauces (chocolate, caramel and so on). There are sweeteners like erythritol and xylitol, that have 0 calories. In time, you can learn to do simple, tastier, sweet and less calories foods like pancakes.

Some recipes

pancakes
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDJ8K_gqzdI

ice cream
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJ6oSTUynD4

pudding
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjgA7KLBjXk

And many more on the internet

2. The sport part
    - walk, just walk. Put your headphones (some music, a podcast, a stand up comedy, whatever you like) and walk. It doesn't have to be fast walking. Just walk, dude! It helps a lot.
    - bike, if you like and have a bike
    - running
    - exercise. You said you cannot do a push up. I had the same problem when I was 11-13, many years ago. I don't remember how exactly, but some day I managed to do several pushups and I remember was proud about it. It was just a matter of technique about my lower back, I don't remember exactly. After that, I had a period when I did push ups daily and got to 30-40 fist pushups.

Try wall pushups, those are quite easy.
    Do them daily
    You will progress.
    Then try chair pushups.
    Normal pushups.
    This video explains it. I don't know if it is the best, it was the first I could find and seemed quite decent. You are lucky, I didn't have Internet access back then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvgp8R0fbWg

3. Your mom.
    OK, she is unsupportive and she doesn't cook.
    But, since you made pasta, you can buy stuff by your own and make by your own simple dishes.
    You don't have to tell your mom you are doing pushups in your room.
    Also, walking means getting out of the house and your mom cannot critique you outside.

Again:
    1. buy and cook stuff that are low in calories and also have a decent taste.
    2. walk as much as you can. It's underrated!
    3. exercise can and will help.
    4. Inform yourself! Read about calories, nutrition, exercises.
    Read this
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=136691851
    and read this
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=173439001

Good luck! Don't give up! You will see changes!

wj72wc is not very well liked. (-100) wj72wc is not very well liked. (-100) wj72wc is not very well liked. (-100) wj72wc is not very well liked. (-100) wj72wc is not very well liked. (-100) wj72wc is not very well liked. (-100) wj72wc is not very well liked. (-100) wj72wc is not very well liked. (-100) wj72wc is not very well liked. (-100) wj72wc is not very well liked. (-100) wj72wc is not very well liked. (-100)
    Hey, you're 14, young bodies grow at different rates. You may have a growth spurt and shoot up 4-5 inches and grow more into your body.
    Start push ups from your knees, work up from there. Make sure you have the correct posture for each exercise, some forget the importance of that.
    Don't worry about proving something to your mom, you're proving it to yourself; your message alone proves that.

kcols is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    you have time to grow so this luckily isnt something you should worry about as much as you are