Thread: Grip power.

catlinggun is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Grip power.

What are the best barbell-using excercises for grip/fore-arm development? I tried pinching disks,or loading only one side of the barbells and then lifting it by the tip of the other side.
    Are this two excercises good for grip power?
    will finger-tip puhsups help,if not;then what?

sowilson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sowilson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sowilson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sowilson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sowilson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sowilson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sowilson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sowilson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sowilson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sowilson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sowilson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    why just barbell? In no particular order;
    1) forearm, wrist, hand, finger stretching/isometric exercises
    2) Ironmind Captains of Crush grippers
    3) a loading pin to allow you to stack plates and then use various attachments. Rope tied through a handle for wrist rolls. hanging weight from a grenade; 2x3, 2x2, 1x2 steel bar stock, flat 1/4" steel plate to work the grip
    4) various barbell plates back to back (so smooth side to smooth side) and then you pinch them. Hold for 30 seconds or more. When you get to using 2x45lb plates then your grip is pretty good
    5) deadlifts
    6) suitcase carry or farmer walks
    7) small bands around your fingers, then expand your fingers

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    From a bodybuilding point of view forearm work with higher reps is the way to go for forearm size.
    Working flexors and extensors and getting a pump sets of 10-30reps.
    For grip strength all the above mentioned by sowilson are great grip strength developers.
    I will add that thick grip training can also help.
    Either with bars that are thick or products like "thick gripz"that allow you to put them on a barbell or dumbbell handle and do your regular training with them.

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Do static holds on the last rep of a deadlift set/workout. If you have a pull-up bar, do dead hangs.
    I can tell time. Time cannot tell me.

Formerly LactoseTolerant. I'm not very imaginative.

sooby has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sooby has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sooby has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sooby has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sooby has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sooby has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sooby has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sooby has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sooby has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sooby has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sooby has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    there's different types of grip strength, some related more finger strength and others related to more overall hand/forearm strength.

- holding overloading weights for time under tension seems to be a pretty proven method. I.e farmer walks with hex bar, static holds
    - fat grip training is pretty good, say you do DB rows, curls, etc you can add these to a lot of exercises
    - getting stronger at heavy pulls like deadlifts, rows, weighted pullups

other chit as mentioned like grippers, finger weights/bands. my least favourite is probably forearm isolations. May work for some people but for me personally I find more bang for your buck training forearms with another muscle group or a heavier compound movement. Didn't seem to work that well for me after trying it for 16 weeks.

I got some fat grips so I'm looking test these and see if they work for me. There are testimonials that it has worked for some people.

TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    If limited to just a barbell, reverse curls with either fat grips on it or towels wrapped around are a good one. Could also put it in a rack and hang an attached weight plate from the bar(using bands) at the sleeve, and do some barbell wrist rolling. Not a bad way to work the flexors and extensors without the anterior deltoids prematurely exhausting.
    Back to basics full body routine: https://pastebin.com/5BgKgrMv

Training journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178059671&p=1598034261#post1598034261

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Pullups from a towel works wonders.

BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    Do static holds on the last rep of a deadlift set/workout. If you have a pull-up bar, do dead hangs.
    This is probably the fastest way to increase grip strength. Once you can do a dead hang between 30 secs to a minute, move up to flexed arm hangs