HealthyFish has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HealthyFish has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HealthyFish has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HealthyFish has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HealthyFish has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HealthyFish has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HealthyFish has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HealthyFish has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HealthyFish has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HealthyFish has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HealthyFish has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Lightbulb Calisthenics in Urban Area

hi everyone,
    My workout program used to be that I have 1 intense day, 1 easier day, and then 1 intense day in a week again.

I want to change this workout program. The popular belief is that calisthenics can be done everyday? And so I want to change my program where I do pull-ups 1 day, running 1 day, and push-ups on the third day, and I would rest on the 4th day but I would still probably do chores around the house.

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Seems like you've been spinning your wheels for years now. What's a few more?
    I can tell time. Time cannot tell me.

Formerly LactoseTolerant. I'm not very imaginative.

OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Why???? Why???? Why???

Treat it like weights and either use a sensible full body program (for calisthenics) or use a sensible split like U/L etc (for calisthenics).

Stop this nonsense and start reading something sensible

https://www.bodybuilding.com/content...ybuilding.html

And

https://www.bodybuilding.com/content...-strength.html
    Faith in Jesus first and faith in squats second.
    Then other details will start to slot themselves into place.

Attempting "Convict Conditioning", http://www.4hourlife.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Convict-Conditioning-Progressions-Wall-Chart.jpg

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You can do pullups, pushups, and run every day.

In fact, you can get paid to do it.

Its called Boot Camp.

BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by DCSpartan View Post
    You can do pullups, pushups, and run every day.

In fact, you can get paid to do it.

Its called Boot Camp.
    Lol “paid”

The paltry sum one is paid to be a disposable tool isn’t worth it. But yes you can do calisthenics every day. The body recovers from Bodyweight workouts very quickly.

OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BeginnerGainz View Post
    ... ...The body recovers from Bodyweight workouts very quickly.
    What?? That's like saying the body recovers from cast iron workouts very quickly. It completely depends on what you do!

Bodyweight can be easy resistance (kitchen counter pushups), bodyweight can be insanely hard resistance (one leg one arm pushup). Or pull-ups negatives versus plyo muscle ups, or standing and sitting into a soft chair compared to shrimp squats.

Bodyweight/calisthenics doesn't only mean standard pushup/sit-up/pullup. The exercises can be gradually moved between leverages and variations to provide progressive overload training and a choice of say "heavy doubles", or 5*5, or repping out at high numbers. It can be trained/programed the same as weights if people choose to do that.

It's not the approach I enjoy myself, but let's be fair to Calisthenics... it can be as tough or easy on the body as people choose to make it.
    Faith in Jesus first and faith in squats second.
    Then other details will start to slot themselves into place.

Attempting "Convict Conditioning", http://www.4hourlife.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Convict-Conditioning-Progressions-Wall-Chart.jpg