Thread: Protein Powder

kylemuz86 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Protein Powder

Hi
    Can anybody advise me which type of protein powder I need to be using?
    I’m new to training and building. I want to gain muscle but don’t want to gain weight or fat in areas.
    I’m in the UK so any that I can purchase in the UK will be helpful.
    Would be grateful for any help or advice.
    Thank you in advance.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Whey is usually the best option. Brand doesn't matter that much. Read the label to see how much it contains (in terms of grams of protein per 100g of product). You might want to try some samples first if you are fussy about flavouring.

Whey may not be ideal if you have lactose intolerance. If it's only a 'sensitivity', you might get away with using a whey isolate which is usually a little more expensive. If you are vegan, others will have to advise but I imagine it'll be pea or hemp based.

In terms of not getting fat, that comes from your diet as a whole (as well as effective training) which is kind of outside the scope of "what protein powder do I buy". I strongly recommend reading the sticky threads at the top of the Nutrition and Workout Programs forums.

Registered User JoeCannonMSCSCS's Avatar
    JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If you're eating well you may not need protein powder. That said, if your looking for one, take a look at a brand that gives you 20-30 g per scoop and is low in calories. Isopure is a good brand but there are others out there too.
    Joe

Originally Posted by kylemuz86 View Post
    Hi
    I’m new to training and building. I want to gain muscle but don’t want to gain weight or fat in areas.
    Thank you in advance.
    Joe Cannon, MS
    Joe-Cannon.com
    SupplementClarity.com

I can do this all day Farley1324's Avatar
    Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by kylemuz86 View Post
    Hi
    Thank you in advance.
    What's your height, weight, and currently average daily protein intake?