themorganator4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

am I a novice or intermediate?

ok so a bit of background:

I am 30 years old about 5ft 11. I have been lifting for 5 years or so but only correctly and properly in the last 2 years. (My form was off, doing rubbish workouts, diet crap etc etc) last year I hit 88kg bodyweight at about 24% BF (my diet was pants so I put on a lot of fat, I also started out about 13%) however my bench was 100kg for 12 reps, squats about 110kg for 12 rep and DL 160 kg for 6.

I have now cut down to 10% BF at 70kg with a sacrifice in strength, I now bench 90KG for 6 and squats are 100kg for 6 although the loss on squats was mostly due to correcting my form as it was pants before and I hurt my back. I also think it is because I went from the Viking workout pinned here to the fierce 5 intermediate routine (something that perhaps I shouldn't have done).

I now plan to bulk (correctly this time) and I will be going back to the Viking 3 day work out (the full body one) as I felt that this pushed me to a good level however my question is, would I be classified as a beginner or intermediate weightlifter and would the Viking workout be too much for me to recover? I also plan to gain about 500-750g a month with a 300Kcal surplus, does this sound about right?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    The real measure is can you make progress from week to week - if yes, then still in the novice range.

If no (assuming you are doing everything correctly) the perhaps you are 'intermediate'

Novice/intermediate are rather crude measures. In reality, we improve continuously along a curve. Your next routine should have a little more total weekly volume per bodypart and maybe a slightly reduced rate of progression. It may not be the best idea to keep repeating programs you've done before (unmodified) because then the volume is the same.

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    those are still pretty beginner lifts. If you are truly 10% BF you are getting close to being shredded. I would guess this is not the case. You need to eat more and put on more muscle mass. 154 pounds at 5'11 is real skinny.

George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DCSpartan View Post
    those are still pretty beginner lifts. If you are truly 10% BF you are getting close to being shredded. I would guess this is not the case. You need to eat more and put on more muscle mass. 154 pounds at 5'11 is real skinny.
    I agree here. 154 is skinny for your height. I’m 5’8” 170 decently lean and still look a bit skinny lol

themorganator4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by George2100 View Post
    I agree here. 154 is skinny for your height. I’m 5’8” 170 decently lean and still look a bit skinny lol
    Yes, on my last bulk I put on a lot of fat so now I have trimmed that fat I'm bulking but correctly this time (sticking to macros)