No Longer Look Like This InItForFitness's Avatar
    InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

The Long Awaited Return (That No One Is Waiting For) - From Fatness to Fitness

5 years ago...on a forum far, far...well okay, it was this one...

There was a wanna be lifter of heavy weights who spent his entire day browsing away...

I am back, and in the worst shape of my life, ready to continue that journey

Okay, but really. It's been (actually over) 4 years since I was a regular, not only of these forums, but visiting a gym. Lots has occurred in that time, and although everything has been fantastic and there are no complaints in the direction my life has taken these last 4 years, I've realized it is time to dial in the overall lifestyle and seriously take my health into consideration again.

Just being among the forum again has already been a motivation and lit that fire, reminding me of all the great times, great friends, and true passion for lifting I once felt. It's time to get that all back.

Brief History

My names Casey, I'm an active duty Marine Corps, and Army Reserve veteran with a history of a couple power lifting meets (best lifts in sig). These days I enjoy much more of the eating, with none of the lifting. I'm from a small town in Michigan where I work in an auto factory, my free time is mostly taken up with time with my wife, dog, and good old gaming (will post game room/set-up pics later on)

The Plan

I'll be returning to lifting with a timeless classic. Jim Wendler's 5/3/1 (slight augmentation). This was the first real program I followed, and I loved every minute of it. Simple. Effective. Everything a beginner could ask for in a program (IMO). Partnered with paying much better attention to my diet (back to tracking).

Tomorrow I will be back into the gym, and following up with much more detail, including proper pics, weight, diet plan, etc.
    I just wanted to get this off and running, and say it's great to be back!

I look forward to being back at it and sharing it with you beautiful members of the forum!

�USMC (2009-2013) �

▬ *Former* Wanna-Be Powerlifter : Best Total : 1300 (440/320/540) @ 168lbs BW (W/ Wraps) ▬

♦Currently full on dad-bod status (minus the dad part)

*NEW TRAINING LOG* ; https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178104781

InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Starting Stats & Plan

Stats
    Height : 5'7"
    Weight : 180lbs
    Bodyfat % : A good amount
    Before (Roughly years ago) & After (Current) Pics

Training Plan
    Jim Wendler's 5/3/1 basic outline with 1-2 additional accessory exercises each training day for just a small increase in overall training volume. 3 sessions/week, with possible 4th session being light cardio/core work.

Diet Plan
    Starting out with a planned intake of 2,200 calories/day for the next 3-4 weeks to assess potential maintenance range and weight fluctuations, followed by a minimal calorie reduction to begin an 8-12 week cut.

�USMC (2009-2013) �

▬ *Former* Wanna-Be Powerlifter : Best Total : 1300 (440/320/540) @ 168lbs BW (W/ Wraps) ▬

Training Day 1

Lifts
    Bench Press
    2 Warm-Up Sets
    5 x 5 @ 85lbs

Dumbbell Bench Press
    3 x 8 @ 25lbs

Cable Tricep Pushdown
    3 x 10 @ 30lbs

Lat Pulldown
    3 x 12 @ 80lbs

Training Summary
    Weights were kept very light today (definitely lower than target % on main lift) to simply ease the body back into the swing of things after such a long absence. I will say that everything felt great, and I felt MUCH stronger than i initially anticipated when returning to the gym.

Weights will stay low for the remainder of the week (and possibly full first training cycle) to continue and let the body adjust to the change of pace and just being back into the gym. It was a very positive experience being back for the first time.

�USMC (2009-2013) �