Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    Working on Hoosier 2.0 HoosierHardGain's Avatar
    HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Fiend, kudos on replacing the bad habits. I've had a f'ed up year with basically 3 moves, which has meant I've picked up more bad habits than you can imagine. Just means now it's the holiday season and I'm trying to get back to some better eating habits. So, I feel you. Let's keep our fingers crossed the gyms stay open in both our locations. Right now they're at 50% capacity, which works for me since I go in early morning.
    Burning Fat Cells One Rep At A Time

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it." - Nelson Mandela.

shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It’s possible the high school age kids are spreading it more than the elementary kids. That’s the only sense I could make from them doing that.

Good job getting in what you can. Motion is lotion, keep after it.

Good luck with the Dr.

ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by HoosierHardGain View Post
    Fiend, kudos on replacing the bad habits. I've had a f'ed up year with basically 3 moves, which has meant I've picked up more bad habits than you can imagine. Just means now it's the holiday season and I'm trying to get back to some better eating habits. So, I feel you. Let's keep our fingers crossed the gyms stay open in both our locations. Right now they're at 50% capacity, which works for me since I go in early morning.
    The one thing we have to our advantage through this Hoosier is that we both know better AND we've successfully done this before and controlled our bad habits. That means we have it within us to do it again and (theoretically) all we have to do is flick that switch on. Because of this advantage and having "been there, done that" it will be easier than if we were just starting fresh.
    The world is still open for our taking. Let's show them young bucks were far from being out of this fight! Hooo rah! Father time ain't got sh*t on me!
    Keep going my friend!

Originally Posted by shaneinga View Post
    It’s possible the high school age kids are spreading it more than the elementary kids. That’s the only sense I could make from them doing that.

Good job getting in what you can. Motion is lotion, keep after it.

Good luck with the Dr.
    Imo, there are other reasons. Generally a teen doesn't need mommy around all day and they can be left unsupervised while not in school. Not the best of ideas, but doable for most. But, a child sent home from school does need mommy or daddy around or a babysitter. If the parents do it, that's one out of the work force with impact on the economy. If they hire a sitter (good luck with that now) its a cost born by the family and child care here per day is about the cost of an average wage per day, making it costly to hire child care and not feasible.

In other provinces in Canada we have children dying from covid (most recent was a 10 year old). I got a soft spot for our young...they should be protected at all costs. IMO they should shut down the whole school system. Instead of pissing away money on numerous ineffective programs they could use some of that money to help out these kids and their parents. As a tax payer without kids, I'm all for that. Imo, our young are our future and they need to be protected at all costs. (sorry for the diatribe my friend)

Thank-you on both counts.

ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Nov. 29- Dec. 5, 2020

Off due to unknown illness (not COVID related).

Nov. 28, Saturday, I do "light" legs and cardio. Sat. night, my leg blows up from swelling. The skin cannot handle the swelling and starts to break down, giving me pussing bleeding bumps that are crazy itchy.
    Sunday, Dr. visit upon the office opening. 3 separate tests ordered and given a diuretic (I've never used prescription diuretics). Tests won't be able to be completed until late next week (now this week).

Took 2 days off work, stayed away from exercise , took my water pills. By Wednesday my leg got worse AND I am now unable to sleep at night plus I've broken out in a rash in both biceps, both legs, and various other parts of my body.
    I looked up the pharmaceutical name of my water pills only to find out I'm taking "Lasix". As a long term bb'er I know exactly what it is and it shouldn't be played around with. I look up the side effects and way down the list is "extremely itchy, burning to the touch rashes" as well as "necrosis (flesh eating) of the epidermis".
    My deceased father lost a leg to flesh eating disease...I'm not going out like this.
    Dr. Brian ceased the Lasix by Thursday while STILL waiting for tests and a damn diagnosis.
    The rash has held on since then, neither improving nor getting worse.

The origin of the pain has spread from my calf to the back of my right hamstring and the swelling is now above the knee. Whatever it is, its travelling, and that's not good imo.

I'm back at work with a covid restricted work load that just so happens to work for my leg.

I've sat on my ass for 7 days at this point and everything has gotten worse, and the diuretic has not gotten out of my system and the rashes persist.

The swelling goes down when I'm sleeping but I only have about 4 hours of moving time per day before it becomes unignorable.

Medical services are slow due to the pandemic.
    I'm sitting here worried about losing my leg, possibly a blood clot they missed could move to my heart or lungs and then I'm toast, and I STILL have no f'ing idea what is wrong with me.
    Furthermore, I'm frustrated because I can't even exercise for fear of inflaming or exacerbating the problem.

On the plus side, I've done a complete 180 degree turn around with my eating, probably because I don't want my leg hacked off (srs).
    Last edited by ArchAngel'73; 12-07-2020 at 01:47 PM.

Dec. 6, 2020

Chest

HS Incline, PWO
    20x90x3
    10x180x3
    6x270x3
    4x320x3
    1x360x3

HS Decline machine, total weight
    10x120x3
    6x160x3

15 Recumbent bike

I couldn't take not doing something to help my health and answered the call to the iron today.
    My logic is I can probably do upper body with minimal consequences and I need cardio for my health now, not just for getting leaner.
    The Dr. told me no elliptical and suggested a bike, so I picked the recumbent to test things out. Within 10 minutes of the bike, I could feel my leg swell and called it at 15 minutes in.
    Goals met, I did not sit on my ass, I did something to improve my health, and if I am to die it will be with my boots on.
    As I'm typing this my leg gets redder and more painful and the swelling is moving up above the knee once again.
    Was it worth it?
    F'ing rights it was and will be worth it. I neither succumbed to fear nor stupidity.

Anti-Gym Idiot encounter
    Young (20+) Asian dude comes into the gym and starts circuit training (not allowed) and within 15 minutes he's touched 15 pieces of equipment and DB's and has not wiped down a single thing.
    I challenge him while I have 4 plates per side sitting on the incline press. He starts making excuses and I verbally unleash on him, pointing out that everyone else in the gym is following the rules but him and what makes him such a special snowflake. I yelled at him, the entire gym heard me as I called him out and told him to shape up or I would personally haul his ass out into the parking lot. I called him a dumb ass in front of 20 people.
    At this point no f's were given to the potential legal ramifications of my actions and I still don't...because what is wrong is wrong and I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6 (as in, court with a jury of 12 vs. 6 pallbearers).
    1 more f'ing word from him and my fist was going through his face.
    I waited...he glared at me, I stared him down and then he went to work wiping down all the equipment he had used.
    My point was emphatically made and he complied, so I backed down.

In the locker room when all this was done, another mask wearing member requested I have the same type of conversation with a few others he has noticed. WTF!?
    I declined.
    I encouraged him to confront these people on his own and reminded him to stand up for himself.
    "Evil wins when good men do nothing."

I sent a message to gym management relaying this tale and...
    "if you continue to expect the gym members to enforce/police the COVID 19 restrictions eventually there will be blood spilled on your gym floor and it will be on YOUR hands, not mine."

shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Damn man. I have nothing to say besides I wish you the best with your leg issues. That has got to be scary.

Definitely don't need to be exercising and causing more issues.

Sending good vibes your way. Hope the docs can you get you sorted out quickly!

emicad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) emicad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) emicad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) emicad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) emicad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) emicad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) emicad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) emicad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) emicad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) emicad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) emicad has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    English is not my native language, so I'm not sure I understand correctly.
    This is what the gym management replied to you?
    "If you continue to expect the gym members to enforce/police the COVID 19 restrictions eventually there will be blood spilled on your gym floor and it will be on YOUR hands, not mine."

Damn man. I have nothing to say besides I wish you the best with your leg issues. That has got to be scary.

Definitely don't need to be exercising and causing more issues.

Sending good vibes your way. Hope the docs can you get you sorted out quickly!
    Thank-you. It took some time and will take even more to get a diagnosis but I'm on the rebound. The core issue is still very much there but my leg has improved.

Originally Posted by emicad View Post
    English is not my native language, so I'm not sure I understand correctly.
    This is what the gym management replied to you?
    "If you continue to expect the gym members to enforce/police the COVID 19 restrictions eventually there will be blood spilled on your gym floor and it will be on YOUR hands, not mine."
    No problem. Just curious, what is your native language?

No, that is what I told the gym. Basically I told them to take care of this problem or I would, and if I did it would be ugly. I'm trying to save me from going to jail and the anti-maskers/idiots from going to the morgue/hospital by my hands.
    Make sense?

and welcome to my journal!
    I'm aware you're new here, so welcome!

Dec. 7, 8, and 9, 2020

Off due to medical reasons.

Update
    3 tests completed and off to the Dr. I went on the 9th. No blood clots, Test levels are good, no kidney issues, more tests ordered and still no diagnosis. I was assured I could keep my leg attached to the rest of me.
    Got a new diuretic, anti-allergy Rx, and an anti-bacterial. I felt better the next morning but my leg is still f'ed and can't bend it very much. Next test is for Dec. 23.
    I was cleared to lift anything but legs and can do light cardio.

My province has finally imposed more stringent restrictions and my gym will be shut down as of Dec. 13 @ 12:01AM until approx. Jan. 13, 2021.
    I just did 14.5 weeks of time, 4-8 will be a cake walk and we have notice, unlike the last one.

Time to make the best of this time left, the countdown is on!

Dec. 10, 2020

side Delts

I GVT'd this b*tch because it has worked amazingly well and if ain't broke, don't fix it.

HS Shoulder Press, PWO total
    20x90
    10x180x10 18,000 lbs.
    4x270
    2x320
    1x360
    -gawd damn I'm strong considering the lay off and that my leg is f'ed

"Chicken Wings"
    10x80x2-that just wasn't gonna be enough weight...
    10x110x10 11,000 lbs.
    6x205(stack)

20 Elliptical

Dec. 11, 2020

2 sessions left @ the gym

Arms

overhead Tricep cable Extensions
    20x90
    20x120
    10x160x10 16,000 lbs.
    6x190
    6x205(stack)

Press Downs
    15x140
    10x160
    6x190
    6x205(stack)

HS Preachers
    20x45
    10x70
    10x80x10 8,000 lbs. -sets 5-10 were real slobber knockers and fought like hell every set for reps 7-10
    4x115
    1x125

DB Curls
    8x40
    6x50x3

10 Elliptical

Dec. 12, 2020

last day the gym is open

Back
    kneeling wide reverse grip Pull Downs
    20x150
    20x180
    10x205-stopped due to my unbendable right leg causing instability. Last thing I need is to slip another disc because I'm stubborn

lat station weighted cable Hypers
    20x150
    15x180
    10x225
    6x270
    6x305(stack)
    -"back" (pun intended) in business

HS Row
    20x180
    15x270
    6x360
    6x450(max weight that can be added)x3
    -fawkin' beautiful

reverse pec dek
    20x90
    10x20x3

Said good bye to my gym mates, wished them and the staff a Merry Christmas, and explicitly thanked the front desk and cleaning staff for their part in keeping the place open.

On my way home I actually found weights at Walmart but only bought two 10 lb. plates. The gym will be open in 4-8 weeks I'm guessing and I can make do with what I have.

Lockdown plans
    110 lbs. worth of plates, 2 dumbbells, 1 EZ curl bar that doesn't have collars, two 10 lb. fixed dumbbells, two water cooler jugs (the last 2 items I have yet to acquire as of now but that's not an issue), and a recumbent bike. Those are my tools for the next month or 2.

The weights will be used for muscle maintenance(whatever is possible), calorie burning, and stress release. The bike will be used extensively for weight loss and my actual health, which has been a pretty low priority my entire 3 decades+ of lifting.
    My joints will heal, my boo boos will go away, and it forces me to not focus on lifting and concentrate on the fat loss.

I'm looking forward to this and I am ready.

Good to hear that it wasn't a blood clot and that for the most part things checked out ok. Sorry to hear your gym is closing down again but it is good to hear you seem to be making the best out of it.

You definitely got some great workouts in before closing the place down. Way to go out strong!

Working on Hoosier 2.0 HoosierHardGain's Avatar
    HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Liking the attitude you're taking going into the lockdown, now worrying about what you can do and focusing on what you can do. Take care of yourself, Fiend.
    Burning Fat Cells One Rep At A Time

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it." - Nelson Mandela.

Athena has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Athena has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Athena has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Athena has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Athena has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Athena has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Athena has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Athena has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Athena has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Athena has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Athena has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Read an article somewhere that 59% of Americans don't plan to go back to a gym -- they like working out at home instead. These are the times that try us. You're a strong bugger, Fiend.

Good to hear that it wasn't a blood clot and that for the most part things checked out ok. Sorry to hear your gym is closing down again but it is good to hear you seem to be making the best out of it.

You definitely got some great workouts in before closing the place down. Way to go out strong!
    My leg has gradually improved but still not 100%. Dr. suspects I banged the lymph node in my calf (I didn't even know there is one there). I guess the only true test is to train legs at the gym when I can use heavier weights and see what it does.

Thank-you.

Originally Posted by HoosierHardGain View Post
    Liking the attitude you're taking going into the lockdown, now worrying about what you can do and focusing on what you can do. Take care of yourself, Fiend.
    It's been a bit Hoos, I hope everything is going well for you.

Originally Posted by Athena View Post
    Read an article somewhere that 59% of Americans don't plan to go back to a gym -- they like working out at home instead. These are the times that try us. You're a strong bugger, Fiend.
    I hate working out from home. But, I like working out way more than I hate lifting from home. I don't have the equipment nor the space to adequately train from home. Thank-you Athi.

I may suck at times but I do not always suck

A little over 2 months into lockdown #2 now and I have had the time to do some soul searching and found an answer I find embarrassing.
    You know that old expression "Go hard or go home."?
    I "went home".
    Unable to go to a gym and unable to lift heavy azz sh*t I quickly became demoralized with my 20 lb. DB workouts but I did do them. I also hung onto claims that the gym would be re-open by Feb. 08, 2021 by my provincial govt. and that is not the case currently. I don't know when I can return to my Iron Sanctuary any time soon and now, I'm in a definitive state of "shrinking"...aka a visual loss of muscle mass and getting worse as time goes on. Cardio slacked but I did find my groove for a few weeks with dieting/lifestyle eating.

My discovery is this; My motivation to follow through on the cardio AND diet AND the lifting revolves around my ability to lift. That's my true love, lifting. The rest is a means to an end and health is/was considered a nice side effect.
    No training = motivation getting shot to sh*t for the rest of it.
    Lifting 20 lb. DB's is not training to me.

Meanwhile, I'm losing muscle, I'm not losing any fat-likely the opposite, trouble sleeping, irritable, my "mojo" for life has been sapped, and my physical health is probably suffering.
    Knowing "I went home" clued me in that I needed an attitude adjustment because that conclusion is embarrassing and unacceptable.

So let me do something I don't normally do and actually forgive myself for f'ing up and pick it up again like I had intended.
    The real progress will come when the gym re-opens, for now I'm going to be content with holding ground and not have anything get worse than it already is.

Goals;
    Weights- pump workouts, prevent catabolism, stay in a groove/routine
    Cardio- short term goal only is to just do it. Every day. Increase time and intensity later on.
    Nutrition- I already know what to do, so the plan is to not ignore it. Freezer is stocked with chicken and veggies and the sugar free jello helps ween me off of sweets. Switched to brown rice the last 2 months. 1 cheat meal/week, plan to bump that to 1 every 2 when the weight loss stalls.

And I'm going to start posting in here again. I don't know why...maybe I'm a puss and need accountability, or maybe it's a sense of community...a need to hang around like-minded individuals that support one's progress in this endeavor rather than getting odd looks and "don't push yourself so hard" responses to those in real life. Could also be that I like to write, journaling is cathartic for me or many other things.

Cliff's;
    I suck.
    but I'm back.

February 15, 2021

Chest

Incline DB Press- using cushion leaned up against the couch for the incline and the floor as a bench
    20x20x10
    weight/reps/sets

Incline DB Flye-same as above
    20x20x5

35 min. Recumbent bike

February 16, 2021

side Delts and Tri's

standing DB Press
    20x20x10
    weight/reps/sets

behind the back side DB Raise
    20x10x10
    20x20x1

behind the neck DB Extensions
    25x10x10

30 Recumbent bike

My crappy adjustable DB's...they have a screw-on collar that comes loose by rep #10 on any twisting exercise I do. They will also stab my back if I use them for DB extensions so that's why I use the pre-load/molded 10 lb. DB's for that exercise. and that's why I stop at 10 reps some exercises.
    Do NOT buy weights from Walmart.
    Last edited by ArchAngel'73; 02-16-2021 at 12:16 PM.

Welcome back!

One of the main reasons I post in here is for the camaraderie of like minded people in here and having virtual gym bros. Even more important when being a home gym goer btw. It most definitely helps to have someone else to share in your gym session's victories and defeats. I have tried telling my wife about my PRs in the past and it gets little more than a "that's great babe" response. Not her fault, but she would rather me not hurt myself than hit PR's. LoL.

Looks like you got a decent session in. Keep it up!

Welcome back!

One of the main reasons I post in here is for the camaraderie of like minded people in here and having virtual gym bros. Even more important when being a home gym goer btw. It most definitely helps to have someone else to share in your gym session's victories and defeats. I have tried telling my wife about my PRs in the past and it gets little more than a "that's great babe" response. Not her fault, but she would rather me not hurt myself than hit PR's. LoL.

Looks like you got a decent session in. Keep it up!
    Thank-you.

Those are solid reasons and you hit the nail on the head with it being important for home gym goers. Non-lifters just don't get it just as I can't empathize with the "joys" of gardening. When bb.com first opened (I lurked with no account then), my mind was blown at the ability to communicate with all these people across the world that I had something in common with.

Feb. 17 and 18, 2021

Feb. 17, 2021

32 min. Recumbent bike

Feb. 18, 2021

EZ bar bent over Row
    10x10x110
    sets/reps/weight

EZ bar Deads
    5x10x110

30 min. Recumbent bike.

I'm in a real sh*tty mood and completely disinterested in food. This is not normal for me but it has made the cutting cals part of this a whole lot better.

Feb. 19, 2021

Arms, Calves, Delts mishmash

A.M

DB Curl
    10x10x20
    reps/sets/weight

behind the neck DB Extensions
    20x10x10

bodyweight Calf Raise
    20x5

P.M

behind the back side DB Raise
    10x5x25

standing DB Press
    20x10x20

behind the neck DB Extensions (yes, same as the morning, different rep/set scheme)
    10x5x25

My right leg is still healing from months ago and was sore today. I chose not to do cardio to let it rest. I chose to have a 2nd "workout" today to re-elevate my metabolism for the latter part of the day. I took a short walk since it is nice out.
    Diet on point. Adding pineapple to my brown rice/chicken/veggie mix has re-invigorated my taste buds.

Rumor has it my gym might re-open March 1.

I'm going to leave this link regarding "Feeder Workouts" as I think it's worth sharing;
    https://vekhayn.com/rich-piana-feede...w...%20More%20

Nice work in here and good job with the consistency.

I have been in sh%tty moods but it has never made me not interested in food. Take your wins where can man!

Sorry to hear about the leg man. I can sympathize there. Might be time to talk to a new doctor for a second opinion.

Good to hear pineapple brought back your appetite and also good to hear your gym might reopen soon.

Interesting topic on the feeder sets. I am going to try those with my arms, God knows I need to get these things to grow.

Nice work in here and good job with the consistency.

I have been in sh%tty moods but it has never made me not interested in food. Take your wins where can man!

Sorry to hear about the leg man. I can sympathize there. Might be time to talk to a new doctor for a second opinion.

Good to hear pineapple brought back your appetite and also good to hear your gym might reopen soon.

Interesting topic on the feeder sets. I am going to try those with my arms, God knows I need to get these things to grow.
    When I'm dialed in on dieting I eat the same sh*t EVERY day, which is an improvement because when I was competing I lived off of protein powder. Wanting to it the proper way (with real food and less extremes) I can only come up with this brown rice/veggies/chicken/pineapple concoction that I will eat every day and doesn't taste so good that I over eat.
    I look back to then because that's the only time I've been successful not eating like crap.

I discovered feeder workouts watching Rich Piana's vids during lockdown work outs. I will try them when I'm leaner maybe on my bi's or side delts. I've also seen some pretty young and skinny guys on youtube do them and even they have grown.
    Thank-you.

Feb. 20 and 21, 2021

Feb. 20, 2021

Off

Cheat meal day.
    I ate it early and didn't eat again for the day. I also bought fast food and don't have any residual crap in my cupboards to tempt me.

Feb. 21, 2021

Chest/Shoulders

incline DB Flye
    20x20x5
    reps/weight/sets

incline DB Press
    20x20x5

standing DB Shoulder Press
    10x20x5

16 min. Recumbent bike . My ass went numb and I just had enough. I was also playing the CoD WaW campaign and the computer AI pushed me into Japanese grenades about 10 times and after that I just shut 'er down.
    I find gym cardio way more tolerable than at home cardio.

I never competed but I can relate to eating the same thing damn near daily. My wife says I eat like a robot. LoL.

Good job getting it done cardio done at the house. I agree on it being easier to do at the gym. More options and more to look at while you are doing it. It also helps to see other people sharing in your struggles. Might need to find a set of riding shorts for the recumbent bike if it keeps giving you problems, I paid under 20 bucks on amazon for mine and seem to help some.

AI on some of those COD games can be beyond frustrating!

I never competed but I can relate to eating the same thing damn near daily. My wife says I eat like a robot. LoL.

Good job getting it done cardio done at the house. I agree on it being easier to do at the gym. More options and more to look at while you are doing it. It also helps to see other people sharing in your struggles. Might need to find a set of riding shorts for the recumbent bike if it keeps giving you problems, I paid under 20 bucks on amazon for mine and seem to help some.

AI on some of those COD games can be beyond frustrating!
    Imo with the food plan, if it ain't broke, why fix it?

lol at your 2nd comment! When more females were in the gym I took in that scenery while doing cardio. Modern gyms are the next best thing to a strip club.
    My ass goes numb from 2 dislocated discs and a pinched nerve. The elliptical does not aggravate it but biking does.

I forgot that VERY frustrating part in that game, my own AI team pushes me into fire. Using modern terminology I do believe I "rage quit" that day.
    Not now though man, Star Wars is back (next post)!

Feb. 22, 2021

35 Recumbent bike

For the 1st time in my life my knees ached from cardio.
    Falling to sh*t AND getting older simultaneously sucks ass.

Feb. 23, 2021

Arms

DB Curl
    20x10x5
    reps/weight/sets

10x20x5

EZ Bar Curl-no collars
    6x70
    6x90
    6x110 -1st time doing all the weight I have on this. My tendons did not like it and I told them they could suck it up for 1 set.

behind the neck DB Extension
    25x10x5
    -burn like a sum bish

20 Recumbent

Feb. 24, 2021

Back

bent over EZ Bar Row
    10x110x10
    reps/weight/sets

EZ bar deads
    10x110x5
    -lower back is squawking and a good sign I've become weak (lol)

30 Recumbent bike

I bought a PlayStation 2 and Star Wars Battlefront 2 today pre-workout. (yes, old tech)
    Way back when I did cardio and played this game at the same time and it made me excited to do cardio. Today I wanted to replicate some success of the past.

I did the weights watching Rich Piana on youtube and cranked out 30 on the bike like it was nothing playing old school Battlefront!
    I don't get excited with much, but this has potential.
    Link to game;
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_W...05_video_game)

We're already at Wednesday and I've stuck to my meal plan so far and ice cream is only 2.5 more days away.

I will find out in 2 weeks if my province is going to decide to re-open the gym in 3 weeks. So, I got 3 weeks of this sh*t left with no promises. All I know is to count on myself and what I can do.

Yep, seeing the latest fashions that the ladies were wearing are definitely a big thing I miss from going to the gym.

Completely understand on the food front. Once you get those macros plugged in and find foods that fit them easy it is hard to introduce new stuff.

Sucks about the bike and your discs.

Strong EZ curls!

Good to see you were able to get some distraction while doing cardio. I never played Battlefront but I have always heard it was fun.

3 Weeks! Nice!!