Charlieburg21 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

not "feeling" a muscle

confused as on what to do here. my back and chest, I hardly ever feel them working when doing presses/rows, but form is definitely on point. I usually feel the stabilizer muscles burn more than the primary ones.

I don't ever really "feel' the targeted muscle, but the soreness I get post workout is in those muscles I can't "feel", and I utilize mind muscle connection very well.

do you guys think its necessary to have to "feel" a muscle when working it, as long as form is on point and the mind muscle connection is there too

air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If your form is truly "on point" it doesn't matter whether you "feel" the targeted muscle. Your muscles should still grow over time.

But by definition, if you don't feel the muscle then the mind-muscle connection isn't there. But doesn't matter much if your form is truly on point. You might not have much muscle development if you can't feel your back during rows, although you should still re-examine your form on your exercises.

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    If your form is truly "on point" it doesn't matter whether you "feel" the targeted muscle. Your muscles should still grow over time.

But by definition, if you don't feel the muscle then the mind-muscle connection isn't there. But doesn't matter much if your form is truly on point. You might not have much muscle development if you can't feel your back during rows, although you should still re-examine your form on your exercises.
    I got ya. I've had several coaches/trainers check my form on presses and rows and they say its great. like I said, I get crazy DOMS In my back and chest post workout, its just during the workout I feel like I can't feel them to the full extent. I've seen process so I'm just not sure if its something I need to worry about.

I've tried switching exercises and such but it doesnt make much of a difference

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    As a beginner, your stabilizer muscles may be limiting for you. As you build those up, you'll feel it more in the chest an dback.

Replies in 1/2 hr - 3 day GeneralSerpant's Avatar
    GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What's your progress been like?

Post form vids?

Originally Posted by GeneralSerpant View Post
    What's your progress been like?

Post form vids?
    progress has been consistent, adding reps each session to as many exercises as possible, usually in the 6-12 rep range. when I reach a certain rep count, I add weight and maintain form as I try to increase reps per session if that makes sense. I don't add weight/reps if form breaks.

I'm just trying to get as many opinions as I can. because if its absolutely necessary to feel a muscle working I'm going to have to rethink my training approach