Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 31 to 54 of 54
  1. #31
    In Witness Protection mtpockets's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2010
    Age: 61
    Posts: 6,319
    Rep Power: 98971
    mtpockets has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) mtpockets has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) mtpockets has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) mtpockets has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) mtpockets has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) mtpockets has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) mtpockets has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) mtpockets has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) mtpockets has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) mtpockets has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) mtpockets has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    mtpockets is offline
    Originally Posted by ElrondHubbard View Post
    "I don't wanna sound racist homophobe. But I'm a racist homophobe so it just comes out that way."

    I'm shaking my head as I write this that a grown-ass man who knows how to read and write can be so clueless.

    I know I'm not the first here to say it, but this old tired "taxation is theft" schtick is just plain stupid. Taxation is the price you pay for living in a civilized world. Period.

    Don't want to live in a civilized world? Want to be a sovereign man with no responsibilities? Fine. Get out. Go live in the wilderness, if you can find one. You'd be dead faster than you can read "Into The Wild."

    Maybe you think life would be better if we were all hunter-gatherers. And maybe it would be, if the global population was only 1 or 2 million. You'd still have tremendously high infant mortality rates and short life expectancies, but maybe you consider that a fair tradeoff for being able to live your life naked and barefoot in the poison ivy. I'm sure you'd get used to it.

    I enjoy fantasy as much as anybody, but I recognize it's a genre of fiction. The population isn't a couple of million. It's approaching 8 billion, a number which you obviously have trouble getting your head around. There isn't much wilderness left, and what remains is mostly perilously maintained refugia (maintained, of course, with tax money) that is already ecologically impoverished due to human activity.

    These people exist, whether or not you acknowledge them, whether or not you like them, and even if you don't want them to exist you still have to live with them. We can't all be sovereign individuals, and you're not a special snowflake who can do so at everyone else's expense. That, in fact, is theft on YOUR part.

    It's civilization that keeps us from starving, that keeps pandemics at bay, and keeps us all from murdering each other, that helps mitigate natural disasters. It's far from perfect at that task, but without it you would be far worse off.

    I'm glad you approve of volunteerism, at least, but without an advanced civilization, without global transportation, without agricultural abundance, and without widespread education, that nice tattooed lady with the water bottle wouldn't be there. Civilization makes volunteerism possible. Civilization creates the money supply that you so desperately want to hoard. Civilization is made possible by taxation. Without government to regulate and mediate interactions between individuals and businesses, between manufacturers, transporters, consumers, and workers, there would not be an advanced economy. There would not be money.

    Without taxes, bro, you would be broke.

    Not to mention dead.
    Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999

    Real Heroes don't wear capes.

    Keep your squats low and standards high.

    You are not stuck at home, you are safe at home.
    Reply With Quote

  2. #32
    Humble Megalomaniac ElrondHubbard's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2015
    Location: Nevada, United States
    Posts: 9,249
    Rep Power: 81481
    ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    ElrondHubbard is offline
    Originally Posted by LWW View Post
    Enough with your fallicies. But I will say you should come to Baltimore city or even Chicago and you’ll see those kids aren’t far off, which goes to show YOU how well free stuff provided by government works out. Btw your buddy Bernie and his wife already make millions on the educational institutions but he wants walstreet to pay for everyone’s college??????
    You say you're in grad school? Congratulations! I hope it's not in a field that emphasizes logic or science (or spelling) because if so you're throwing that money away. Maybe Bernie can help you with that.

    Let's talk fallacies. You mention the poor and hungry kids in Baltimore and Chicago that government services don't seem to have helped. You then conclude that government assistance doesn't help, and so should be eliminated.

    By your logic, then, the fact that ambulances can't get all their patients to the hospital in time to save them means that emergency medical transportation doesn't work, we should just end it.

    Heart surgeons can't save all their patients, therefore heart surgery doesn't work. It should be eliminated.

    Seat belts don't save everyone. Seat belts should be eliminated.

    Vaccines don't protect everybody. Therefore, no one should be vaccinated.

    Poverty programs don't work for everyone. Therefore nobody should have access to them.

    I think a lot of people can see how dumb this logic is. I'm not sure why you can't.
    I'm out, standing in my field.

    64 and still a newbie.
    Reply With Quote

  3. #33
    Registered User LWW's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2009
    Age: 42
    Posts: 1,342
    Rep Power: 1065
    LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    LWW is offline
    Originally Posted by ElrondHubbard View Post
    You say you're in grad school? Congratulations! I hope it's not in a field that emphasizes logic or science (or spelling) because if so you're throwing that money away. Maybe Bernie can help you with that.

    Let's talk fallacies. You mention the poor and hungry kids in Baltimore and Chicago that government services don't seem to have helped. You then conclude that government assistance doesn't help, and so should be eliminated.

    By your logic, then, the fact that ambulances can't get all their patients to the hospital in time to save them means that emergency medical transportation doesn't work, we should just end it.

    Heart surgeons can't save all their patients, therefore heart surgery doesn't work. It should be eliminated.

    Seat belts don't save everyone. Seat belts should be eliminated.

    Vaccines don't protect everybody. Therefore, no one should be vaccinated.

    Poverty programs don't work for everyone. Therefore nobody should have access to them.

    I think a lot of people can see how dumb this logic is. I'm not sure why you can't.

    That’s not my logic at all, and I only post when taking a crap so forget you, you don’t know a thing about me *******, you assume I sit down write this like an essay. This is B.B. forum, the fact you make these judgements I don’t need to defend my grammar while using a phone (I’ve told you and others this before) all you can do critic my grammar?
    Reply With Quote

  4. #34
    Registered User LWW's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2009
    Age: 42
    Posts: 1,342
    Rep Power: 1065
    LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    LWW is offline
    Originally Posted by LWW View Post
    That’s not my logic at all, and I only post when taking a crap so forget you, you don’t know a thing about me *******, you assume I sit down write this like an essay. This is B.B. forum, the fact you make these judgements I don’t need to defend my grammar while using a phone (I’ve told you and others this before) all you can do critic my grammar?
    Super Thursday *******s, truth over facts!
    Reply With Quote

  5. #35
    Registered User LWW's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2009
    Age: 42
    Posts: 1,342
    Rep Power: 1065
    LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    LWW is offline
    And you never answered any of my questions as in why does oil companies and Wallstreet have to be responsible for paying for college??????

    Karl, your correct about admins I meant to say that.

    Guys I post from a phone on the ****ter, no time to post otherwise, why should I be judged for that? If you want an essay I don’t know what to tell ya, I’ll stick to training, how many are deadlifting over 405 every week now? Not great compared to some but better than El, had to say that because that jerk said chit about that too, until you can lift more than me pops, STFU.
    Reply With Quote

  6. #36
    Last otter standing Jtbny's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2011
    Location: New York, United States
    Posts: 14,157
    Rep Power: 98296
    Jtbny has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jtbny has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jtbny has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jtbny has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jtbny has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jtbny has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jtbny has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jtbny has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jtbny has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jtbny has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jtbny has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Jtbny is offline
    Originally Posted by LWW View Post
    That’s not my logic at all, and I only post when taking a crap so forget you, you don’t know a thing about me *******, you assume I sit down write this like an essay. This is B.B. forum, the fact you make these judgements I don’t need to defend my grammar while using a phone (I’ve told you and others this before) all you can do critic my grammar?
    Grammar mistakes are excusable for sure. Auto-correct can do some funny things.

    What are you studying at the University of Phoenix?
    ☻/
    /▌ Dm2dm crew (---Deadlift Moar to Deadlift Moar---)
    / \ 

    "Squat and pull and quit listening to the static." Jim Wendler
    Natty ☠ 101- lift heavy things consistently over time as often as you can recover from. ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็
    Reply With Quote

  7. #37
    Registered User bustasinclair's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2009
    Location: Houston, Texas, United States
    Age: 48
    Posts: 5,160
    Rep Power: 45120
    bustasinclair has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustasinclair has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustasinclair has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustasinclair has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustasinclair has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustasinclair has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustasinclair has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustasinclair has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustasinclair has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustasinclair has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustasinclair has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    bustasinclair is offline
    Originally Posted by ElrondHubbard View Post
    "I don't wanna sound racist homophobe. But I'm a racist homophobe so it just comes out that way."

    I'm shaking my head as I write this that a grown-ass man who knows how to read and write can be so clueless.

    I know I'm not the first here to say it, but this old tired "taxation is theft" schtick is just plain stupid. Taxation is the price you pay for living in a civilized world. Period.

    Don't want to live in a civilized world? Want to be a sovereign man with no responsibilities? Fine. Get out. Go live in the wilderness, if you can find one. You'd be dead faster than you can read "Into The Wild."

    Maybe you think life would be better if we were all hunter-gatherers. And maybe it would be, if the global population was only 1 or 2 million. You'd still have tremendously high infant mortality rates and short life expectancies, but maybe you consider that a fair tradeoff for being able to live your life naked and barefoot in the poison ivy. I'm sure you'd get used to it.

    I enjoy fantasy as much as anybody, but I recognize it's a genre of fiction. The population isn't a couple of million. It's approaching 8 billion, a number which you obviously have trouble getting your head around. There isn't much wilderness left, and what remains is mostly perilously maintained refugia (maintained, of course, with tax money) that is already ecologically impoverished due to human activity.

    These people exist, whether or not you acknowledge them, whether or not you like them, and even if you don't want them to exist you still have to live with them. We can't all be sovereign individuals, and you're not a special snowflake who can do so at everyone else's expense. That, in fact, is theft on YOUR part.

    It's civilization that keeps us from starving, that keeps pandemics at bay, and keeps us all from murdering each other, that helps mitigate natural disasters. It's far from perfect at that task, but without it you would be far worse off.

    I'm glad you approve of volunteerism, at least, but without an advanced civilization, without global transportation, without agricultural abundance, and without widespread education, that nice tattooed lady with the water bottle wouldn't be there. Civilization makes volunteerism possible. Civilization creates the money supply that you so desperately want to hoard. Civilization is made possible by taxation. Without government to regulate and mediate interactions between individuals and businesses, between manufacturers, transporters, consumers, and workers, there would not be an advanced economy. There would not be money.

    Without taxes, bro, you would be broke.

    Not to mention dead.
    Quoted for absolute TRUTH! If I could, I'd give you all of my reps.

    Excellent post; will read again!
    Reply With Quote

  8. #38
    Registered User LWW's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2009
    Age: 42
    Posts: 1,342
    Rep Power: 1065
    LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    LWW is offline
    Originally Posted by Jtbny View Post
    Grammar mistakes are excusable for sure. Auto-correct can do some funny things.

    What are you studying at the University of Phoenix?
    You wish. just another smart ass on this forum. Which is full of nonsense and low blows.
    Reply With Quote

  9. #39
    Registered User LWW's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2009
    Age: 42
    Posts: 1,342
    Rep Power: 1065
    LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    LWW is offline
    El one thing you can’t get your head wrapped around is our taxes going to people being rewarded for having kids, I’m all for helping to feed hungry kids and people down on thier luck but it’s an endless cycle. You never acknowledge any of this all you do is put words in my mouth.

    Just because taxes keep people in line and are necessary does not mean it’s not thieft, or used in that manner, now stay on point.

    I’ll admit you throwing these fallicies at me pissed me off I’m over that now
    Reply With Quote

  10. #40
    Registered User 7Seconds's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2011
    Posts: 5,139
    Rep Power: 39682
    7Seconds has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7Seconds has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7Seconds has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7Seconds has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7Seconds has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7Seconds has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7Seconds has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7Seconds has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7Seconds has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7Seconds has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7Seconds has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    7Seconds is offline
    Originally Posted by ElrondHubbard View Post
    I know I'm not the first here to say it, but this old tired "taxation is theft" schtick is just plain stupid. Taxation is the price you pay for living in a civilized world.
    I would compare it to a vegetarian saying "meat is murder". Depending on how directly you present/interpret it, it's either a useful philosophical approach or else obviously-wrong hyperbole. You’ll definitely find the people saying taxation is theft to be quite vocal, but I think most libertarians are okay with some taxes so long as they are spent responsibly.
    Last edited by 7Seconds; 03-03-2020 at 03:57 PM.
    "It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin
    Reply With Quote

  11. #41
    temporary illusion supramax's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2014
    Posts: 4,130
    Rep Power: 19154
    supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    supramax is offline
    Originally Posted by LWW View Post
    You wish. just another smart ass on this forum. Which is full of nonsense and low blows.
    You spend a lot of time on the toilet.
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

    It's easy to not be afraid of tigers when you're sitting in your living room watching a television program about tigers. When you're in the jungle where the tigers are, it's quite a different story.
    Reply With Quote

  12. #42
    Scared ****less eomrat's Avatar
    Join Date: Nov 2007
    Location: Fort Bragg, North Carolina, United States
    Age: 52
    Posts: 766
    Rep Power: 60702
    eomrat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eomrat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eomrat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eomrat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eomrat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eomrat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eomrat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eomrat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eomrat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eomrat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eomrat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    eomrat is offline
    Originally Posted by LWW View Post
    El one thing you can’t get your head wrapped around is our taxes going to people being rewarded for having kids, I’m all for helping to feed hungry kids and people down on thier luck but it’s an endless cycle. You never acknowledge any of this all you do is put words in my mouth.

    Just because taxes keep people in line and are necessary does not mean it’s not thieft, or used in that manner, now stay on point.

    I’ll admit you throwing these fallicies at me pissed me off I’m over that now
    You keep you using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means.
    Last edited by eomrat; 03-03-2020 at 04:07 PM.
    "I'd rather go down the river with seven studs than with a hundred shytheads"
    - COL Charles Beckwith

    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty.
    -Thomas Jefferson
    Reply With Quote

  13. #43
    Humble Megalomaniac ElrondHubbard's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2015
    Location: Nevada, United States
    Posts: 9,249
    Rep Power: 81481
    ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    ElrondHubbard is offline
    Originally Posted by eomrat View Post
    You keep you using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means.
    Inconceivable!
    I'm out, standing in my field.

    64 and still a newbie.
    Reply With Quote

  14. #44
    Humble Megalomaniac ElrondHubbard's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2015
    Location: Nevada, United States
    Posts: 9,249
    Rep Power: 81481
    ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    ElrondHubbard is offline
    Originally Posted by 7Seconds View Post
    I would compare it to a vegetarian saying "meat is murder". Depending on how directly you present/interpret it, it's either a useful philosophical approach or else obviously-wrong hyperbole. You’ll definitely find the people saying taxation is theft to be quite vocal, but I think most libertarians are okay with some taxes so long as they are spent responsibly.
    Conservative, liberal, or libertarian -- anyone with a lick of common sense can acknowledge that. There's plenty of room for reasonable people to disagree on the details and remain reasonable, but that seems a little too nuanced for some.
    I'm out, standing in my field.

    64 and still a newbie.
    Reply With Quote

  15. #45
    Registered User LWW's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2009
    Age: 42
    Posts: 1,342
    Rep Power: 1065
    LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    LWW is offline
    Originally Posted by eomrat View Post
    You keep you using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means.
    BS I talked about toughness in squats and training and he posts a picture of a starving child saying I believe that child should work.

    WTF? But whatever you aren’t even humble enough to admit that you mistook deeks for me, you just blew it off too scared to look foolish.
    And still El chimed in with a snide comment and totally bipassed my question agiain, so you guys can phuck off and before your other chump buddy joins in I tell him to screw off too, the ******* that makes fun of short people.
    Reply With Quote

  16. #46
    Registered User KeepItMoving's Avatar
    Join Date: Nov 2008
    Location: United States
    Age: 54
    Posts: 3,857
    Rep Power: 34943
    KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    KeepItMoving is offline
    Originally Posted by LWW View Post
    El one thing you can’t get your head wrapped around is our taxes going to people being rewarded for having kids, I’m all for helping to feed hungry kids and people down on thier luck but it’s an endless cycle. You never acknowledge any of this all you do is put words in my mouth.

    Just because taxes keep people in line and are necessary does not mean it’s not thieft, or used in that manner, now stay on point.

    I’ll admit you throwing these fallicies at me pissed me off I’m over that now
    I think you were accused of being illogical or some such nonsense. There is a ton of logic in this post. Of course taxes have their place, but you have to look to how/why this country was founded to be able to understand the very limited premise and purpose there was/is for government taxing its people. If you're sworn to the allegiance of this Nation, you start there and do your best not to stray.

    Unfortunately, a lot of the failing Democrat policies have 'failed' in large cities is because they really haven't 'failed.' The social engineers of the late 50's and 60's come from the schools of rulers and ruled. They come from the roots of eugenics. They fully intended to create 'dependent' people, based upon the drippings they offered veiled as 'a helping hand' from your ol' pal and, well, your boss, the Government. We give you enough to barely get by on; you accept and get used to that arrangement, because we all know you can't make it on your own because you're a victim. You need me. You need Mr. Government helping you along because the cards are stacked against you and it isn't fair. It isn't fair that 'others' have it all while you struggle so!

    And so, the social engineering goal has succeeded, not failed. Large area squalor and kinda average gray are as much as the Democratic Plantation will allow. The only thing this tired old engine of social engineering needs to run is new 'victims' to join the afflicted, forgotten permanent under class

    You let that philosophy flourish on a National scale and you have the Members of the Party, and all the privilege that goes with it and the permanent underclass that is permanently dependent upon what the Members of the Class are willing to provide to them.

    And yes, I went to college. Unfortunately, I had to learn this stuff through my own reading and actual private sector earning, losing, getting abused, getting exploited, etc.
    Last edited by KeepItMoving; 03-04-2020 at 05:43 AM.
    Envy is ignorance. Imitation is suicide.

    -----R. W. Emerson
    Reply With Quote

  17. #47
    Registered User LWW's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2009
    Age: 42
    Posts: 1,342
    Rep Power: 1065
    LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    LWW is offline
    Originally Posted by KeepItMoving View Post
    And yes, I went to college. Unfortunately, I had to learn this stuff through my own reading and actual private sector earning, losing, getting abused, getting exploited, etc.

    Thanks for the post, and the essence of college should be to learn and critical think on your own, but like you state here, unfortunately that may not of happened in college.
    Reply With Quote

  18. #48
    temporary illusion supramax's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2014
    Posts: 4,130
    Rep Power: 19154
    supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    supramax is offline
    Originally Posted by LWW View Post
    Thanks for the post, and the essence of college should be to learn and critical think on your own, but like you state here, unfortunately that may not of happened in college.
    There's a huge difference between an online (home study) college and a brick and mortar college experience. Thankfully, no one becomes a brain surgeon via the internet.
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

    It's easy to not be afraid of tigers when you're sitting in your living room watching a television program about tigers. When you're in the jungle where the tigers are, it's quite a different story.
    Reply With Quote

  19. #49
    Scared ****less eomrat's Avatar
    Join Date: Nov 2007
    Location: Fort Bragg, North Carolina, United States
    Age: 52
    Posts: 766
    Rep Power: 60702
    eomrat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eomrat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eomrat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eomrat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eomrat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eomrat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eomrat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eomrat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eomrat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eomrat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eomrat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    eomrat is offline
    Originally Posted by LWW View Post

    But whatever you aren’t even humble enough to admit that you mistook deeks for me, you just blew it off too scared to look foolish.
    The shame.

    It was more than I could bare.
    "I'd rather go down the river with seven studs than with a hundred shytheads"
    - COL Charles Beckwith

    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty.
    -Thomas Jefferson
    Reply With Quote

  20. #50
    Registered User bustasinclair's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2009
    Location: Houston, Texas, United States
    Age: 48
    Posts: 5,160
    Rep Power: 45120
    bustasinclair has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustasinclair has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustasinclair has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustasinclair has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustasinclair has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustasinclair has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustasinclair has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustasinclair has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustasinclair has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustasinclair has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustasinclair has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    bustasinclair is offline
    Originally Posted by eomrat View Post
    The shame.

    It was more than I could bare.
    I see what you did there
    Reply With Quote

  21. #51
    Last otter standing Jtbny's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2011
    Location: New York, United States
    Posts: 14,157
    Rep Power: 98296
    Jtbny has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jtbny has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jtbny has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jtbny has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jtbny has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jtbny has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jtbny has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jtbny has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jtbny has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jtbny has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jtbny has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Jtbny is offline
    Originally Posted by LWW View Post
    You wish. just another smart ass on this forum. Which is full of nonsense and low blows.
    I'm a smart-ass in real life too
    ☻/
    /▌ Dm2dm crew (---Deadlift Moar to Deadlift Moar---)
    / \ 

    "Squat and pull and quit listening to the static." Jim Wendler
    Natty ☠ 101- lift heavy things consistently over time as often as you can recover from. ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็
    Reply With Quote

  22. #52
    Humble Megalomaniac ElrondHubbard's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2015
    Location: Nevada, United States
    Posts: 9,249
    Rep Power: 81481
    ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    ElrondHubbard is offline
    Originally Posted by Jtbny View Post
    I'm a smart-ass in real life too
    That's why we like you!
    I'm out, standing in my field.

    64 and still a newbie.
    Reply With Quote

  23. #53
    Registered User LWW's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2009
    Age: 42
    Posts: 1,342
    Rep Power: 1065
    LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    LWW is offline
    Originally Posted by supramax View Post
    There's a huge difference between an online (home study) college and a brick and mortar college experience. Thankfully, no one becomes a brain surgeon via the internet.
    I’m not sure why you directed this to me? I mentioned the essence of college is critical thinking never did I compare online learning and brick and mortar campus. There are however plenty of degrees where the online provides everything someone needs and these days physical campuses do have virtual libraries, some of these institutions make the student attend campus for general studies where open book exams are not excepted.

    Discussions are a different experience but a lector can always be virtual, that very well may be the future of education anyway.

    If you decided to seek truth in that guys comment about phionex you are incorrect, but there isn’t anything wrong with that, that school just like another brick and mortar state college that is not a school of medicene Even so who is to say that portions of that can’t be learned outside a classroom in this day in age, remember virtual libraries, virtual reality also.
    Reply With Quote

  24. #54
    Registered User LWW's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2009
    Age: 42
    Posts: 1,342
    Rep Power: 1065
    LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    LWW is offline
    Yes sir, here is the real true benefits from the brick and mortar institution........

    Reply With Quote

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts